• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Asia Launch Thread | Brack Friday Bunduru's for AsiaGAF

Lu Bu? Japanese PS4 launch is getting Dynasty Warriors? So jealous.

I thought it was coming to PS4 in March... Had no idea PS4 version was ready for either region.

Yawnier

Banned
PS4 is getting a nice launch title in Dynasty Warriors 8, best DW game of the generation (it breezes past 6, 7, Strikeforce in no contest IMO).

I thought it was coming to PS4 in March... Had no idea PS4 version was ready for either region.

I was only offered bundles when I went to preorder. Girl at my local shop knows me and we often talk about games, and she knows I can only buy games that are in English.

I think I remember her saying that the Dynasty Warriors game included in that bundle was only in Japanese.

I went with the Killzone bundle, since I was going to get the game anyway. Unfortunately it's a bit more expensive than I had anticipated (not by a substantial amount, though). I think it comes with a month of PS+ for Hong Kong/Taiwan...in which case I won't be needing it (already stocked up for my main, Canadian PSN account).

EDIT: First person in Taiwan to add me on PSN and send me a message requesting the code can have that free month of PS+

PSN ID is SolidChamp

Prophane33

That's DW8 with Xtreme Legends (Shin Sangoku Musou 7 with Musouden) which was already released for Vita and PS3 this past week. It's not an entirely new game or anything. Though I'm certain Taiwan/HK is getting a Chinese version of the game (Chinese Text anyway).

Edit: Also, I'm torn between finding the thread title funny and offensive.

Edit 2: I also now realize that the system is releasing earlier in Asia than Japan, thus your reason for being surprised. Me too. Then again as others have mentioned, its merely an uprezzed version of the PS3 game.

bakedpony

My 5 years in S. Korea (3 of those teaching ESL) begs to differ.

Okay we can add Koreans with the Japanese who have difficulty with L/R. The Chinese, Indians, Middle East Asians, Southeast Asians, etc... definitely don't. My point is those with problems with L/R are a minority in Asia.

PS4 is getting a nice launch title in Dynasty Warriors 8, best DW game of the generation (it breezes past 6, 7, Strikeforce in no contest IMO).

From what I saw during the demonstration at the PS4 JP announcement, it's basically the PS3 version running at 1080p resolution. I guess that's not so bad if you need your 1 vs. 20,000 fix. Next Gen it certainly isn't, though.

Brack Friday Bunduru? Only the Japanese have problems with the R/L. Most Asians are actually fine with it.

Okay we can add Koreans with the Japanese who have difficulty with L/R. The Chinese, Indians, Middle East Asians, Southeast Asians, etc... definitely don't. My point is those with problems with L/R are a minority in Asia.
As a South East Asian™ I fully support OP's attempt at the joke. It's as offensive as making fun of British or Texan accents.

Although where my Malaysia release date love at brother?

Prophane33

From what I saw during the demonstration at the PS4 JP announcement, it's basically the PS3 version running at 1080p resolution. I guess that's not so bad if you need your 1 vs. 20,000 fix. Next Gen it certainly isn't, though.

Thanks, good to know. Won't be getting a PS4 till a bit later then. I'll just pick up the Vita or PS3 version.

There seems to be varying opinions on this matter, but I'd rather not split hairs over a stupid South Park bit. I'm no expert, but it's not like I haven't heard it mixed up a bit here in Taiwan, as well. I've been to more than a few places in Asia, and you can't peg any one Asian country as having a complete inability to grasp the L/R pronunciation, much like you can't say that there are countries where every single person is completely exempt from that difficulty. It's up to the indvidual speaker, really.

This was not meant to generalize in a condescending manner at all. It's a stupid meme that I felt was worth a chuckle in the thread title, but posted it quite nervously and quickly ended up regretting it.

I appreciate your input, though, and I don't mind making this my very last comment on the matter since people will jump past my acknowledgement of it on the first page, so at least I've got something on it here.

Yawnier

Banned

Yeah, it doesn't seem to be a big improvement over the PS3 version which really isn't bad to begin with. Still a good game though with a lot of replayability with the what-if scenarios in story mode and ambition mode and what not and it's very accessible to new players interested in the series.

RedAssedApe

Banned
It was a pretty funny joke on a show that was about the console wars. Makes me sad to see how uptight and politically correct so many people on here are.

its funny. asians are probably less offended by this than non-asians lol

probably something post link to southpark reference to appease those.

Shengar

Here in the Philippines, its selling for around $730 (compare to the Xbox One, $790) per XE's conversion rate.

Same here in Indonesia. Sucks to live in third tier country. Here we can't even fix our Vita without sending it away to Singapore :(

Thread derailed...Asian here and I'm fine with the thread title.

On topic. I preordered a KZSF bundle. Woot! Greatness awaits!

Could someone with proper skills alter this for the OP?

Maybe something pertaining to Asia and making it December instead of November?

696x288.jpg

IllumiNate

Having a thread title like this on Neogaf while this site has so much exposure to the media, Press and celebraties makes the site seem Racially insensitive. It needs to be changed and just cause Southpark did a skit on it doesn't make it alright. South Park makes fun of gays and Jews as well does that make it ok to make fun of gays?

Derrick01

Banned
Having a thread title like this on Neogaf while this site has so much exposure to the media, Press and celebraties makes the site seem Racially insensitive. It needs to be changed and just cause Southpark did a skit on it doesn't make it alright. South Park makes fun of gays and Jews as well does that make it ok to make fun of gays?

Yes? It's not like they do mean spirited hate jokes on people. Even if it's someone like Cartman dressing like Hitler or taking advantage of people with Tourettes syndrome, it usually heavily backfires by the end of the episode.

Yes? It's not like they do mean spirited hate jokes on people. Even if it's someone like Cartman dressing like Hitler or taking advantage of people with Tourettes syndrome, it usually heavily backfires by the end of the episode.

Methinks he misses the point entirely of a satirical show. If he thinks the show hates on gays and jews...yeah, misses the point.

Hastati

I don't think the thread title is offensive, it cracked me up. Let's just keep the thread rolling!

Soon to be Japan-GAF here, any word on using US PS4s in Japan? I'm not sure about Region locking for upcoming games, but am more concerned about voltage issues. Anybody know if a US PS4 will run fine with JP voltage?

I don't think the thread title is offensive, it cracked me up. Let's just keep the thread rolling!

Soon to be Japan-GAF here, any word on using US PS4s in Japan? I'm not sure about Region locking for upcoming games, but am more concerned about voltage issues. Anybody know if a US PS4 will run fine with JP voltage?

As far as I know, JP has 110v, no?

If so, your answer is yes. Plus, weren't the PS3's (with the exception of Europe) multi-volt compatible? I brought a PS3 slim from S. Korea with me to Taiwan, and all I needed to do was change the power cord to the standard two prong (same one NA uses), and it worked like a charm. Conversely, bringing a PS3 from Taiwan to NA (Canada, for me) would work as well.

I've worried about voltage compatibility issues (games, not so much) and done a lot of research and experimenting...and it's always worked out fine for me.

Hastati

As far as I know, JP has 110v, no?

If so, your answer is yes. Plus, weren't the PS3's (with the exception of Europe) multi-volt compatible? I brought a PS3 slim from S. Korea with me to Taiwan, and all I needed to do was change the power cord to the standard two prong (same one NA uses), and it worked like a charm. Conversely, bringing a PS3 from Taiwan to NA (Canada, for me) would work as well.

I've worried about voltage compatibility issues (games, not so much) and done a lot of research and experimenting...and it's always worked out fine for me.
Good to hear, thanks! I can now embark on my journey worry free. I think I've spent more time thinking about using my ps4 than finding an apartment...

Otherwise, glad to hear about a musou game at release, secretly hoping that it will actually take advantage of the ps4's specs...

I'm sure it won't

Anko

It's 100v vs 120v, small difference but it may still damage certain sensitive electronics. In this case though, you should be fine because according to the ifixit teardown, the PS4 is dual voltage.
ifixit said:
The power supply is rated at an AC Input of 100-240 volts. This means you can take your game around the world with your trusty PS4 always at your side; just remember to bring your power socket adapters.
From what I see in the comments, the label is going to only display 120v for the US set though, just like the PS3 did. Do a search first for consoles from other regions before plugging your set in because strangely, PS3s had one batch that was NOT dual voltage.

Region locking wise, it'll be up to the publisher like it was on the PS3. So unless the company actively decides to lock it *coughAtluscough*, you'll be fine.

It's 100v vs 120v, small difference but it may still damage certain sensitive electronics. In this case though, you should be fine because according to the ifixit teardown, the PS4 is dual voltage.

From what I see in the comments, the label is going to only display 120v for the US set though, just like the PS3 did. Do a search first for consoles from other regions before plugging your set in because strangely, PS3s had one batch that was NOT dual voltage.

Region locking wise, it'll be up to the publisher like it was on the PS3. So unless the company actively decides to lock it *coughAtluscough*, you'll be fine.

100-240 was the standard for the PS3, and if it's the same with the PS4 then he can definitely plug it in with confidence.

100-120v is also fine. I've tested that voltage input/output as well.

Sony did well with that.

That 360 power brick, on the other hand...lulz

Gibbo

i plan to just stroll into one of the shops in Singapore on launch day without preordering. Am i screwed?

Defuser

i plan to just stroll into one of the shops in Singapore on launch day without preordering. Am i screwed?
Don't worry, very little Singaporeans are gonna buy it because it's too expensive. SCEH drop the fucking ball on these prices in Asia.

Top Bottom