• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Asia Launch Thread | Brack Friday Bunduru's for AsiaGAF

Shengar

going to singapore next week from 9th till 16th
let's see if i can get one early lol

I wish you luck. I hope Customs wouldn't try to mess with your PS4 with extraneous "taxes"on your way back home :p
Yea at that price I expect to be able to walk into a Sony store and buy one (have one a 15 minute walk away).

USD 100 markup sucks. Everything is always overpriced in Singapore because we are perceived as a wealthy nation. Our population is also tiny so there are never any significant sales. Sometimes we don't even get servers in South East Asia.
Looking at you Black Ops II

Poor Malaysia though. Equivalent of 558 USD as of now.

Heck, we Indonesian don't even have official launches, and it will be priced at 700 USD here by the local sellers. Sucks living in a big country ridden with piracy.

Dinjooh

Could someone with proper skills alter this for the OP?

Maybe something pertaining to Asia and making it December instead of November?

696x288.jpg

KOnD45T.jpg

wapplew

Second batch Bolehland Camera bunduru already sold out, Sony need to work some camera game of those camera owner!

I heard that Sony Malaysia is apparently breaking street date for the first-batch pre-orders, with some of them saying that they'll receive theirs after 13th, but before 20th.

Wouldn't be surprised though, they did the same with Xperia Z1, selling them before the official street dates and issuing post-dated invoices.

Second batch Bolehland Camera bunduru already sold out, Sony need to work some camera game of those camera owner!

Camera and BF4 bunduru sells out the fastest from what I have gauged at Sony stores around KL and official outlets like Gamers Hideout.

Then again, RM100 for the camera does seem like a good deal, if we ignore the already horribad 1799 base price.

Shengar

Sony just announced official price for PS4 here in Indonesia. It will be priced at $700, and $740. Like the price for PS4 isn't ridiculous enough, the new Vita is $330, VitaTV for $170 and $250 while bundled with ONE Dualshock 3. God, I love this country so much :')

onken

"brack friday bunduru" is actually what it would be romanized to in japanese though

Except they don't have Black Friday in Japan. Also they don't use the word "bundle". Also you can't really say "bunduru", it would be "bundoru" or probably even "bondoru". Also this thread isn't covering the Japan launch because it isn't for another two months.

just saying is all :p I don't mind the title

The title needs to be changed. There shouldn't be an apostrophe in "Bundurus".

I noticed that and I wondered if there was anything I could do to change it.

Anyway, good news about regional warranties for Southeast Asia:

http://ap.ign.com/en/news/10388/sony-introduces-regional-warranty-service-in-south-east-asia

Unfortunately, that doesn't apply to Taiwan or Hong Kong, but I'm waiting on more info from the writer (I managed to hit him up on Twitter and he was very helpful).

I'll add this to the OP. This is great news for people in these countries who are worried about technical issues with their PS4's.

Oh god, 10 days. This first half of the month is crawling by. This is typical, since the last year and a half of living in Taipei has gone by faster than anything in my whole life.

Anyone here have plans to get the PS4 edition of Diablo III?

Furthermore, is there anyone here who has added me to their PSN who is playing it on PS3, let me know.

wapplew

Oh god, 10 days. This first half of the month is crawling by. This is typical, since the last year and a half of living in Taipei has gone by faster than anything in my whole life.

Anyone here have plans to get the PS4 edition of Diablo III?

Furthermore, is there anyone here who has added me to their PSN who is playing it on PS3, let me know.

I'll get Diablo 3 on ps4 for sure, not on ps3 though because already bored of pc version.
10 more days...Gonna play Ni no Kuni while waiting.

Replicant

For some reason I love seeing pics of launch queues. Also, those who pre-ordered definitely got nicer, warmer queue. It's still a queue but it beats standing out there in cold.

Fuck i am five minutes away in hellish traffic from Nambu.

They better give me my pre-ordered ps4. I was one of the first to pre order on the 29th

I won't be dropping by our local launch party ( 1U at 4pm, meh ), but I've heard several guys receiving calls to collect theirs at another major Sony store nearby my work place, so maybe I'll share some photos come Friday.

ku-xlarge.gif

in korea, he is a present of SCE korea

I think the emotion stems from several aspects of Korean culture.

The first, most obvious being the very, very uneasy relationship that Korea has with Japan. Koreans just do NOT want to forgive Japan for shit they did centuries ago. A lot of Koreans hate Japan with a burning passion, and even their jealousy of how Japan has managed to develop as a country is evident. So for Koreans to embrace a Japanese product like this (and that CEO is Japanese, from what I understand)...remarkable.

The second reason is easily the strange stigma that exists around gaming in Korea. Oddly enough, competitive PC gaming is embraced as a national sport (though you have to be very, VERY good at it to get respect) while console gaming is looked down upon. I had a Korean friend who I met over XBox Live, and we were hanging out one night at a bar with some of his other friends and when they asked how we met I was just honest...he almost died. He pulled me aside and said "NEVER talk about that!" Crazy.

We could also look at this as a victory for gaming in Korea in general, seeing as how some insane politicians are trying to pass very unconstitutional laws that would see gaming banned in Korea altogether.

kvn

I think the emotion stems from several aspects of Korean culture.

The first, most obvious being the very, very uneasy relationship that Korea has with Japan. Koreans just do NOT want to forgive Japan for shit they did centuries ago. A lot of Koreans hate Japan with a burning passion, and even their jealousy of how Japan has managed to develop as a country is evident. So for Koreans to embrace a Japanese product like this (and that CEO is Japanese, from what I understand)...remarkable.

The second reason is easily the strange stigma that exists around gaming in Korea. Oddly enough, competitive PC gaming is embraced as a national sport (though you have to be very, VERY good at it to get respect) while console gaming is looked down upon. I had a Korean friend who I met over XBox Live, and we were hanging out one night at a bar with some of his other friends and when they asked how we met I was just honest...he almost died. He pulled me aside and said "NEVER talk about that!" Crazy.

We could also look at this as a victory for gaming in Korea in general, seeing as how some insane politicians are trying to pass very unconstitutional laws that would see gaming banned in Korea altogether.

I know of this strangeness, haha. We should talk some time.

kaiyo

Except they don't have Black Friday in Japan. Also they don't use the word "bundle". Also you can't really say "bunduru", it would be "bundoru" or probably even "bondoru". Also this thread isn't covering the Japan launch because it isn't for another two months.

just saying is all :p I don't mind the title

It's bandoru =P

ku-xlarge.gif

in korea, he is a president of SCE korea

He should be crying, what a fucking terrible launch.

How in one of the most technologically adanced countries in the world can you not have day one deliveries. It was a fucking joke having people have to queue for hours to collect their pre-orders, including people who had done it online.

I pre-ordered mine day one in Korea and had to wait two hours till it was in my hands. I would have much prefered if it was just delivered to my house.

Dont fucking give the consoles to retailers five minutes before they are to be in peoples hands.

He should also took to sony online and tell them to add the Vita. You cant buy a cita on sonys webaite but you can buy a psp

Also, what a right numpty that man who waited for five days was. He got have just pre-ordered and collected it a few days later and saved five days of his life.

Lol, I thought no one really cared here.

Now I understand why they are selling online for 800,000. I was hoping for a price reduction within a year.

Come on man, he's just relieved it went well.

800,000? Retail price is 500,000. To be fair most of the people I saw were over 25. Youngsters still pretty much stick to PC.

Although I did not expect it to be as big a launch as they had. I was going to pre-order Fifa but thought fuck it I could just pick it up on the day, but they were sold out of pretty much everything.

I'm very curious as to who signed those autographs on the first PS4 from Korea.

Edit: Ah, Shiro Kawauchi and Hiroyuki Oda. Head of SCE Korea and Deputy President of SCE Japan Asia, respectively.

At one point, the folks from Sony asked if I wanted to get the system itself signed or the outer box. I reasoned that if there was to be a problem with my launch hardware, I didn't want to send it back and get back a fixed unit without the autographs on it. Also, the system boxes are all alike and I wanted the first one on TV to be distinctly mine, so the autographs are right there on TV and all. That's enough about me and the thing from last month.

Have the other launch events around this time happened yet? I don't see much of a hubbub, but maybe I'm not looking in the right places.

Edit: "First PS4 Buyer in Asia regions" post from PlayStation Asia site, unfortunately I can't read Chinese so can somebody here translate?

SnowHawk

As anyone bought Dynasty Warriors 8 from the Hong Kong Store? Do you need the PS3 version in order to access it because I'm trying to play it but everything apart from the tutorial is greyed out.

Top Bottom