• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Asia Launch Thread | Brack Friday Bunduru's for AsiaGAF

11458275754_9aeeed99d1_b.jpg

Score!

I was lazy to post this at the time. I've been enjoying the hell out of this console. So damn sleek, with a gorgeously clean and simple interface, a masterpiece of a controller...just, damn!

I am NOT disappointed.

wilflare

11458275754_9aeeed99d1_b.jpg

Score!

I was lazy to post this at the time. I've been enjoying the hell out of this console. So damn sleek, with a gorgeously clean and simple interface, a masterpiece of a controller...just, damn!

I am NOT disappointed.

you got this in Singapore?
man I'm thinking whether for the PS4, I should just stick to R3 games...
been getting all R1 games for my PS3

wilflare

What's the point? Just buy both since the consoles support multiple accounts.

DLC. they are sadly still region-locked up to this point.. I don't want to be stuck with a R3 copy of a game where the DLC on the Asia PSN store is either not available or does not go on sale

walei

I live in Taipei and it was nearly impossible for me to preorder a PS4 at launch :(

Every legit online store that lets you preorder sold out instantly, and I mean 5 seconds after preorder opens. If you try to preorder one over retailers they make you buy bundles + an extra game otherwise no sale. Even then, people that preordered as early as October with a down payment were told that they would have to wait until the Dec/23 shipment.

SCET had an launch event on the 18th in Taipei/Taichung/Kaohsiung and had 400 sets up for grabs with a free DS4 + extended warranty... and some dude started lining up a week before at the Taipei site, with all systems already claimed the night before the launch day.

So...I guess I will be getting my PS4 around Chinese New Year hopefully it'll have a more stable shipment (and stable HW because I've read some horror stories online on the blue LED of death)!

DLC. they are sadly still region-locked up to this point.. I don't want to be stuck with a R3 copy of a game where the DLC on the Asia PSN store is either not available or does not go on sale

are there dlc that didn't come to r3? I'vebeen playing r3 disc on US account all this time and didn't find trouble I think.

wilflare

are there dlc that didn't come to r3? I'vebeen playing r3 disc on US account all this time and didn't find trouble I think.

I think it is game-specific. hmm. but I know some R1 DLCs cannot be used on R3 disc games..

I'm using US PS+ too so R1 games would be more compatible in the long run..

really hope they put Singapore under R1 instead but oh well..

I live in Taipei and it was nearly impossible for me to preorder a PS4 at launch :(

Every legit online store that lets you preorder sold out instantly, and I mean 5 seconds after preorder opens. If you try to preorder one over retailers they make you buy bundles + an extra game otherwise no sale. Even then, people that preordered as early as October with a down payment were told that they would have to wait until the Dec/23 shipment.

SCET had an launch event on the 18th in Taipei/Taichung/Kaohsiung and had 400 sets up for grabs with a free DS4 + extended warranty... and some dude started lining up a week before at the Taipei site, with all systems already claimed the night before the launch day.

So...I guess I will be getting my PS4 around Chinese New Year hopefully it'll have a more stable shipment (and stable HW because I've read some horror stories online on the blue LED of death)!

I live in Taipei as well and I got my preorder at my local Tienmu shop long before Asia release dates and pricing were announced. I think I might have preordered back in September or Early October.

I have to say, I had no trouble at all, and since I was getting Killzone anyway, the bundle was a good bet for me. The girl at my local shop was happy to take my preorder with 3,000 NT down, even though she couldn't provide me with any pricing details at the time. I was the first person to preorder at that shop, too, so. I was guaranteed a PS4.

I had no idea about the launch event in Taipei! That's crazy! Wish I could have passed by there just to see what was up.

As for the hardware; it seems to be all good for me. It's very solid, no wobble, whisper quiet, no start up issues, nothing. This baby is very nice indeed. This could be a much better back we're getting, who knows?

It's never a bad thing to hold off on a purchase for a couple of months, though.

Nobody else here got one? No more pics?

I think it is game-specific. hmm. but I know some R1 DLCs cannot be used on R3 disc games..

I'm using US PS+ too so R1 games would be more compatible in the long run..

really hope they put Singapore under R1 instead but oh well..

It is game specific and VERY aggravating. It is NOT consistent, and usually depends on the publisher.

For example. 2K seems to be good for region-free content thus far because season pass DLC from my Canadian PSN account for Borderlands 2 and Bioshock Infinite region 3 discs worked fine.

However, when I tested the waters with a small Tomb Raider DLC purchase for my copy purchased here in Taiwan, the game didn't recognize that the content was downloaded.

First-party games are, sadly, a casualty of the region-locked DLC. Uncharted 2 & 3 and The Last of Us digital content is region locked. Even my save file from playing my region 3 disc wouldn't be recognized when I tried my friends region 1 disc (seriously, WTF).

More recently, my Killzone Shadowfall day one DLC code was redeemed using my Hong Kong PSN...but when I log into my Canadian PSN account it doesn't recognize the DLC. This may have changed from PS3 to PS4, which would really suck balls and cause me to start importing region 1 games regularly from Play-Asia. Thankfully, my day one DLC voucher codes for Assassin's Creed 4 were accepted and recognized by the game even when playing on my Canadian account.

This is why I always had multiple accounts on my PS3 (one for Hong Kong which recognizes DLC voucher codes from games bought here in Taiwan). Even if I got a DLC voucher code for the Hong Kong account, I could still log into my main Canadian account and play with the game recognizing that content as being available. (Fuck,this shit can get so confusing at times)

This crap can be the most frustrating bullshit for an expat gamer living overseas. I'm pretty sure Rockstar even said that DLC for GTAV would be region locked, which is fucking retarded because that wasn't the case with Red Dead Redemption or GTAIV.

wilflare

I'm surprised by the lack of buzz here. sigh. where are you AsiaGAF? or they may just be playing their PS4s hehe

has it been confirmed that we can have multiple accounts on the PS4 like the PS3?

and games on other accounts can be played on the main?

I'm surprised by the lack of buzz here. sigh. where are you AsiaGAF? or they may just be playing their PS4s hehe

has it been confirmed that we can have multiple accounts on the PS4 like the PS3?

LOL I brought a wiiu a day before ps4 release , it the only console that is not marked up too much currently. Will join you guys when kh3 is out in 2015 Fall :p

There's a good amount of local buzz for the PS4, but the nature of the more insulated Asian gaming communities mean that you'll see long, long PS4 threads at Lowyat ( Malaysia ) and Hardwarezone. ( Singapore )

Less so in GAF. =(

wilflare

LOL I brought a wiiu a day before ps4 release , it the only console that is not marked up too much currently. Will join you guys when kh3 is out in 2015 Fall :p

I bought a Wii U too. hahaha brothers were feeling nostalgic about the warm local multiplayer days we used to have.

I can play Resogun and Contrast using my secondary user/Hong Kong PSN account.

It's good so far, except for the strange run arounds I'm getting with DLC as I've described above.

I have been too busy playing killzone and fifa.

Gibbo

Decided to postpone my purchase to next year. Realized that there's no need to buy one right now. I've played BF4 and AC4 on my PC (using a 7970)- so nothing else in the launch lineup stands out.

Both Funzcentre and Gamescore have sold off all of their initial allocation- so the launch here was a success I guess

adelante

Decided to postpone my purchase to next year. Realized that there's no need to buy one right now. I've played BF4 and AC4 on my PC (using a 7970)- so nothing else in the launch lineup stands out.

Both Funzcentre and Gamescore have sold off all of their initial allocation- so the launch here was a success I guess

Heard that there's some stock at Mustafa Centre, price seems a tiny bit lower too. Might be worth checking out if you (and or anybody else in Singapore) is interested.

wapplew

So busy playing Resogun, having hard time clear last stage on veteran.
Not even touching anything else just free stuff. Will try Killzone multi in 28th, 29th.
Anyone want Resogun co-op? Add me psn: fongvita

Resting now, will play again after Man UTD game.

One thing I have to ask, why my twitch live stream do not show chat on my screen? Already open that chat bar. Ustream no problem.

I had a flight home to Canada for the holidays four days after I picked up my PS4. :(

Wish I could be playing right now, but I'll be back to play the hell out of it on January 4th.

I'd be happy to play some Resogun co-op with someone.

Top Bottom