• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 Slim Unboxing Video

wapplew

It's nice that now you can actually the color of the light bar on the controller, but another light source could mean even shorter battery life.

I don't think is another light source, it's the same light source just that part of the touch pad transparence allow you to see the light.

raven777

GlaringWarmheartedElephantseal.gif

if these things are $199 they are going to fly off the shelves this holiday. Especially if retailers throw in some pack in games like Lego and shit.

I don't think its feasably possible to sell this at $199. They would be selling at a loss likely at that price. I think $249 is the absolute cheapest possible, and personally am expecting $299

Behlel

I don't think is another light source, it's the same light source just that part of the touch pad transparence allow you to see the light.
Exactly because if you've seen the other video when he move the pad you can't see the light on the touchpad.

Ihyll

if these things are $199 they are going to fly off the shelves this holiday. Especially if retailers throw in some pack in games like Lego and shit.

Yep it's been 3 years almost since the PS4 was released the OG PS4 was $399 so $199 for the slim version wouldn't be that surprising

Ihyll

I don't think its feasably possible to sell this at $199. They would be selling at a loss likely at that price. I think $249 is the absolute cheapest possible, and personally am expecting $299

Didn't Cerny say that they designed the PS4 with hardware that they could do some big price cuts on?

Tainted

I wonder if the lack of optical out is a trend which will continue to the Neo ? As my receiver doesnt have HDMI, I rely on optical for 5.1 output

I find it interesting that the slim is unbundled with any games

Even if it is a new model
Even the xb1 s I think has halo come with it

Shin-Ra

Looks great in this video, especially held vertical. There's a screw thread for a new vertical stand.

PS4ssUnbox.gif

Piggus

People who are complaining about the light on the controller are goofy as hell. Do you complain about the one on the Xbox controller too?

inner-G

Banned
Real power/eject buttons are great, and glad they got rid of the stripe on top

I just wonder how many people will want these models, the Neo thirst seems to be real.

Armadilo

Banned
The whole available now thing just makes you think that this is going to be cheap because price is the thing that could sell this thing, that dualshock better have a new battery

ZeroX03

Banned
Watching the vid, it reminds me of the PS3 Slim a lot. Not as nice looking as the original, but smaller, cleaner, and the physical button/smaller light improvements are welcome.

Need that vertical stand obviously.

People who are complaining about the light on the controller are goofy as hell. Do you complain about the one on the Xbox controller too?

On the XB1 pad I find it to be much less of an annoyance because of it's positioning on the face of the controller as apposed to the top of it, and small size of it. The big ol' lightbar on the dualshock can get a bit annoying when using it in darkened conditions, having the light shine on walls and shit. Having the lightbar extended even further over the controller for this new controller isn't a positive for me in that respect.

hemo memo

Gold Member
"دليل البدء السريع" in Arabic "Quick start guide" on the manual. so all leaked consoles from the same shipment "Middle East"... boy we're so screwed. they barley started to support the region/language and now this happens.

Aceofspades

Banned

Some love the drama..that's all.

DS4 light serve a purpose, to be able to be tracked by the camera in VR or to assign color to players.

I like the light bar, but I wish Sony would improve battery life of DS4.

Also front light is very faint. I would argue that is emits similar light to Xb1 controller.

VinFTW

No Optical port?

RIP Astro users... like, what were you thinking Sony?

Also, it's not THAT ugly, but not better than the current PS4.

Controller changes are somehow worse.

Meh, think I'll pass on this one.

Top Bottom