• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 and Xbox Sees major Stock Increase in past month - supply crisis may be nearing its end

I finally got an invite from Amazon to buy a PS5 this past week and I let it expire. I really see no reason to get one right now. OnceI can safely go to a store or order online without jumping through hoops, then maybe.

Kvally

Banned
The cheapest disk PS5 is right now 749€.
Cheapest diskless PS5 759€. lol
Cheapest disk bundle, Fifa, is 775€.
So quite above the MSRP of 549€.

X can be ordered for 500, S currently 260.

I can get "one of those consoles", correct, but I obviously want the wrong one...
PS5s are $499 and $399 where I am at right now. Series X is $499 and I have seen the Series S for $249.

Last edited:

tommib

I have the same 3 work colleagues in the Netherlands that find it impossible to buy a PS5 either at Amazon.nl, MediaMarkt or Bol. Any tips for the Netherlands?

LimanimaPT

Yeah no reason someone who really wants one of these consoles doesn't have one by now.

I have seen a lot of Series X sitting and shelves in multiple stores in Indiana and Florida and a few PS5s on shelves in Indiana
No reason if you're in the us, right? Try to get one in Portugal...

Skifi28

I can find a PS5 just about anywhere these days, but only in extremely expensive bundles for over 700 euros which doesn't make sense. Did Sony triple the 50 euro increase to 150 without anybody noticing? You could probably find one for much cheaper during the scalping days.

jm89

I can find a PS5 just about anywhere these days, but only in extremely expensive bundles for over 700 euros which doesn't make sense. Did Sony triple the 50 euro increase to 150 without anybody noticing? You could probably find one for much cheaper during the scalping days.
Those are retailer bundles. Taking advantage of the demand like scumbags

Last edited:

Batiman

Banned
Ya they had a shitload of ps5s at a GameStop yesterday but you have to buy a game with it though.

i could've got one by now if i wanted but i'm waiting for more games and a PS5 Slim model.

once my PC gives up i'll get a Series X (slim hopefully) as my main console.

I bought mine like 2 years ago….

Waiting for ps6 now

519104.jpg

supernova8

Banned
Here in Japan I can only find them on mercari (our version of ebay) at silly scalper prices or you can sign up for the lottery-style "invitation" system on Amazon. I don't know whether other retailers are still selling them but I've never (since launch) seen one in the flesh in a shop.

And in Norway.
elkjob.no: Dette produktet er ikke tilgjengelig på nettlager. (=not in stock)
komplett.no: motta varsel. (=get notified)

(contrary to Xbox: legg till i handlekurv / legg i handlevogn = add to basket)

Our definition of "plenty" differs. Those prices, 5300/6300NoK are also not superenticing anyway.

twilo99

I could easily see ps5 give a slim version given how insanely huge it is.

Xbox Series X is surprisingly small (only seen it at a retailer), so I doubt it can get much smaller

I don’t think it’s the x being small but rather the ps5 being excessively large..

Kagey K

Banned
I don’t think it’s the x being small but rather the ps5 being excessively large..
Everyone who said the OG Xbox and 360 were too big for Japanese houses are looking at thus gen going wtf.

I think I've seen Japanese hotel rooms smaller than the ps5

I did see the Ragnarök bundle in stock for like 24 hours on Swedish Amazon so that’s a new record I think. Also a FIFA bundle available for a few hours. Everything normal priced has been cleaned out now though.

reksveks

Wow, in that case I'm jealous!
I'm in Japan and I swear PS5s are more precious than diamonds here lol
Aaron Paul He Cant Keep Getting Away With This GIF by Breaking Bad
Will be interesting to see what these weeks numbers are but it does still sound like JP and ES are getting shafted.

Re: NPD November numbers
“November video game hardware dollar sales declined 38% when compared to November 2020, to $883 million,” said Piscatella. “November hardware spending fell to its lowest total since November 2016, $759 million, driven by a lack of available console inventory.”

November 2020: $1,424
November 2021: $883

From https://venturebeat.com/games/november-2021-npd-elusive-new-gen-consoles-drag-down-industry-sales/

I suspect that we are going to see $1,600

Top Bottom