• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 and Xbox Sees major Stock Increase in past month - supply crisis may be nearing its end

Gamerguy84

That would be nice. I'm thinking some of these "delays" have been artificial with the install base. Not too mention cross gen games.

I feel like they will be harder to get a hold of for Christmas like always but stock does seem to be flowing much better.

nah. in a world of 'smart' everything, not to mention trade wars, i think that the chip supply crisis is basically here to stay. we'll just be alternating between times of relative plenty & scarcity from now on...

nah. in a world of 'smart' everything, not to mention trade wars, i think that the chip supply crisis is basically here to stay. we'll just be alternating between times of relative plenty & scarcity from now on...

I think the redesign is what is helping with the yields mostly. I’m pretty sure its part of why sony estimated higher supply for this fiscal year

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
400% vs 89%

Sony's got the production down good at least. I wonder how much of that 89% is Series S vs X, as X's seem to be out of stock in most places while S is more easily available comparatively.

Valedix

I’m ready for the ps5 slim
QFGvOwdoBmkjgJun6wK1WqEJvPWivHmqMOQyxAJCgJQ.jpg

Hobbygaming

has been asked to post in 'Grounded' mode.
They'll need to ship a shit load of consoles to hit their 18m forecast. So yeah, PS5 is gonna have an insane holiday season. Time to flood the market with PS5s as the shortages finally come to an end.
Yes, it's the perfect storm of great games, increased supply and that time of the year

vivftp

They'll need to ship a shit load of consoles to hit their 18m forecast. So yeah, PS5 is gonna have an insane holiday season. Time to flood the market with PS5s as the shortages finally come to an end.

Not just the holiday season, if they really are aiming for 30.5 million PS5'x next FY then this holiday season will be a prelude to something really massive.

I can't wait to see what their complete 2023 lineup looks like for them to feel confident of pushing that many units out the door.. assuming the rumor is accurate, of course.

Bluecondor

I don't know about the PS5.

On StockX, the XBox X is selling for $525, which is pretty consistent with what we have seen over the past few months. The Blu-Ray edition of the PS5 is still going for $630. It still seems like there is a significant unmet demand for the PS5.

I guess I shouldn't put too much faith in the StockX price being an accurate measure of supply and demand, but, the StockX price for the XBox X has been pretty much spot on with supply and demand.

Not just the holiday season, if they really are aiming for 30.5 million PS5'x next FY then this holiday season will be a prelude to something really massive.

I can't wait to see what their complete 2023 lineup looks like for them to feel confident of pushing that many units out the door.. assuming the rumor is accurate, of course.

Are sony really aiming for 30.5m next year? It's just a rumour isnt it? But that would be crazy, if true. New record for them.

Last edited:
Are sony really aiming for 30.5m next year? It's just a rumour isnt it? But that would be crazy, if true. New record for them.

I think tom Henderson said it, who knows sounds kind of outrageous. I think the PS4’s highest selling year was around 23m

Spider-Man 2 and Final Fantasy are pretty big though, so that alone would be enough. I’m not sure but i feel like they have another big game planned, maybe Factions

Last edited:

vivftp

The 30.5 million rumor comes from Tom Henderson who most definitely has sources. It originates from his leak about the PS5 revision with the detachable disc drive due out next September.

Even if we ignore that rumor, Sony themselves have stated they expect the PS5 sales curve to surpass the PS4 sales curve next FY, meaning they'd have to ship over 23 million consoles. I think that might also be a record for Sony consoles.

reksveks

Good to know that this is sea freight data, might explain any disconnect between the shipping weights and sales numbers. There is obviously also the time delay between shipping and sales numbers.

Should be a 9m min quarter though.

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Slim models first.

I can’t imagine releasing a pro when we’re still knee deep in cross gen games
I could easily see ps5 give a slim version given how insanely huge it is.

Xbox Series X is surprisingly small (only seen it at a retailer), so I doubt it can get much smaller

Three

Good to know that this is sea freight data, might explain any disconnect between the shipping weights and sales numbers. There is obviously also the time delay between shipping and sales numbers.

Should be a 9m min quarter though.

Yeah these won't match units at all, Sony were air freighting last year. That's why September this year is bigger than Oct+Nov+Dec combined for last year.

reksveks

Yeah these won't match units at all, Sony were air freighting last year. That's why September this year is bigger than Oct+Nov+Dec combined for last year.
Yeah, without knowing the % of units being air freights vs ship, this number could be a bit/very off.

10 days till NPD results
21 days till Sony results

Top Bottom