• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 system update available - 868MB v20.02-2.26

Boss Mog

Anecdotally a lot of issues seem to affect those using sleep mode and/or external storage. With a lack of 'official' cause it's led to some people just not using those features. I was using external storage but detaching it and shutting down totally after use. The one time I used sleep without detaching, I resumed Valhalla which promptly froze and caused a hard lock. Then on reboot got the 'corrupt' message and had to rebuild. So went back to what I was doing before. It might be placebo or related 🤔
I don't disconnect my external HDD but I do always shut down my PS5 completely, I've never been a fan of rest mode on any platform, even PC suspend/resume has caused me issues in the past so I just never use those features anymore and quite frankly it's not like I miss them.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
I got the physical ps5. But I don’t think I will ever put a ps4 game in my console. Hell I may never put a ps5 disc in console

Discs are fine, they have fixed that error of games deleting themselves when you take the disc out.

Boss Mog

I was impressed until I rewind and so him push it down to what it seems a sticky surface. Still amazing back then!
It makes sense to put it on a sticky surface otherwise it would slide off during initial acceleration and sustained speed thereafter. Basically the air resistance would push it off even if it was super stable. The impressive part isn't supposed to be the glass not sliding off, it's the beer not spilling which shows the complete stability of the canon while moving over uneven terrain.

Top Bottom