• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS5 : The Future Of Gaming. NeoGAF Viewing Thread. June 11th 1PM PDT/ 9PM BST

Mister Wolf

homer-simpson-car.jpg

Dick Jones

Gold Member
Oh fuck. Digital only model means I'm getting mugged on the price. I will be digital majority like this gen, but I have a few ps4 discs.

Reactions: Isa

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
Console looks weird. Bad weird with the disc version, good weird with the discless one. Guess I know which variant I'm getting.

But as far as games go? I'm excited about video games, and that's a good place to be.

meanspartan

Very underwhelmed. No urge to preorder until a must-have game comes out that won't run on Ps4 Pro.

I bet they will just make lots of games exclusive even though they do not need to be. I like how MS is handling it.

PSFan

How the hell do you justify a digital addition when the Blu-ray drive only accounts for a small fraction of the cost of the entire console I don't get it. Are they going to have one that's $499 and another one that's $475? I think there's more to that all digital edition than they have revealed at this point. I wonder if it's not a lesser powered console just like Lockhart is rumored to be.

Maybe the blu-ray version will be BC with all previous Playstation consoles?

Armorian

Banned
Horizon is the only game that looks next gen. Second one is Kena (?), RE looks nice too.

Console is.... IDK at the moment.

Ratchet looks like SSD tech demo

• Thoughtful

Niked

1/5 shit show. Only ratchet and Horizon with a touch of resident looked Interesting and next gen.
WTF Sony...

The console looked awesome!

octiny

Banned
So, on the plus side, the console looks nice (to my tastes) and Ratchet and Clank looked wonderful. There was a moment during the gameplay where I thought 'wow, this really does look like a generational leap'.

The rest of the show was painfully fucking average. We all lay into Nintendo and MS, but fuck me that was just as rubbish.

And thankfully this can put to bed the 'even PCs can't run PS5 games' bullshit.

It looked like exactly what your money would get you now. Something between a 2070 and a 2080, with some cute graphical features that the SSD must help with.

Disappointing, but only because I fell for the hype. Again.

My thoughts exactly.

Really enjoyed Ratchet though. Holds a special place for me.

killatopak

The only things I liked in the presentation was

Ratchet
RE8
Horizon
Demon Souls
Console

I’d give the presentation an 8/10

could have been a 10 with Silent Hill but these fuckers broke my heart.

• LOL

NahaNago

They didn't have a killzone like game to show how amazing the games will look. They actually had a lot of games I'm going to buy but they failed to properly hype me up for PS5. This event should have been 2 hours longer so we could have more gameplay from Spiderman, horizon, souls, ratchet , and etc.

How the hell do you justify a digital addition when the Blu-ray drive only accounts for a small fraction of the cost of the entire console I don't get it. Are they going to have one that's $499 and another one that's $475? I think there's more to that all digital edition than they have revealed at this point. I wonder if it's not a lesser powered console just like Lockhart is rumored to be.
Maybe don't want to get beat I'm price I'm reading a lot around the web.

S

Steve.1981

Unconfirmed Member
Well I'm happy.

Ratchet & Clank. Spider-Miles. Demon's Souls. Horizon Forbidden West. A bunch of cool looking smaller titles.

Love the design of the console. Love that both new consoles are towers actually. I'll probably get the official headphones as well.

Good stuff PlayStation. Over to you Xbox.

SleepDoctor

Banned
So i put on the presentation while at work but on mute. Anddddddd wtf was i watching? An indie showcase and some third-party games. Only got see a bit of the Horizon 2 reveal.

Did I miss anything else of significance?

Top Bottom