• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSA: Immortals Fenyx Rising's performance mode on PS5 has a permanent stuttering issue (fixed in patch 1.03).

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
I never got this at all, hope the patch irons it out for you.

betrayal

Banned
I have not experienced this issue during my 10 hours of play time up to now and I am very allergic to stuttering or frame rate drops. It is probably not related to the TV or monitor. Played it on 4k 60 Hz TV as well as two different 144 Hz monitors with different resolutions (HD and 4k).

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
When I get this, I close the game and restart the console (not just sleep and resume).
Seems to fix it for a while.

Hoping for a patch on this one because playing in 30fps mode is not an option anymore.

Bramble

Happy to report the stuttering is completely gone with the latest patch.

23W1kxf.jpg

Last edited:

Krisprolls

Banned
Thats not true. Even john from digital foundry said it was a bug after they ran the game again .

Xsx has also alot of bugs like this one that causes it to drop to 30 fps and stay there .
A5Rh5u7.jpg

Ok, so both versions have major bugs. That's Ubi for you.

Edit : is it fixed now? Can anybody confirm?

Last edited:

Rikkori

Not great on PC either, but I always chalk it up to DX11 & their awful engine, same as for Odyssey. Weird how it behaved like that on PS5 too though, considering how much more control the API gives them there.

dorkimoe

Yeah, at least Immortals fixed it in the recent patch. Godfall still stutters on my system.
Glad it’s not just me. Can’t find any notes about them even acknowledging it

Edit looks like they have a patch on the 17th that fixed it? Haven’t tried yet

Last edited:

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Glad this was fixed. I decided to get this for PS5 (already ordered it, but didn't get it yet), despite usually getting my multiplatform games on Xbox.. and I was thinking "of course, the one game I diverge from that, this happens" when I saw this thread title lol

Last edited:

Entroyp

I’m almost done with this game and never had any technical issues whatsoever. Runs great on PS5. I heard that’s the best console version too which is amazing.

ManaByte

I’m almost done with this game and never had any technical issues whatsoever. Runs great on PS5. I heard that’s the best console version too which is amazing.
I’ve had bad screen tearing flying around Athena’s area. But nowhere else.

Last edited:

Poppyseed

I just finished the prologue with the wifey. Game mostly runs at 60fps but it certainly has stutters every now and then.

Bramble

I'm playing it on SX and it runs perfectly fine in performance mode.
is it fixed on PS5 yet?

See my December 10th post?

It runs perfectly now. They also improved the haptic feedback and adaptive trigger support. When you scout out an area, the trigger will tell you when you're getting closer to a point of interest. And it also gives great feedback when you're charging the big ass hammer attack.

Top Bottom