• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN Content 01/17/07

BeeDog

Lol at the Lost Planet Trailer description:

"LOST PLANET has raised the bar for shooting action to new heights! The game that has sold over 1.600.000 copies worldwide makes its debut on the PLAYSTATION3!"

:lol

M3wThr33

Banned
Bought both Tori Emaki and the new Mesmerize.
I don't know why.
(Also Last Train to Clarksville and All the Small Things)

Also, the Hong Kong store charges $2.50 (USD, I converted) for the Ape Quest prologue. It's FREE on the US store.

Speevy

Banned
BeeDog said:
Lol at the Lost Planet Trailer description:

"LOST PLANET has raised the bar for shooting action to new heights! The game that has sold over 1.600.000 copies worldwide makes its debut on the PLAYSTATION3!"

:lol

if you can't beat em', borrow em'.

Erebus

I'm wondering if I should buy Blast Factor Bundle or Crash Bandicoot 2... How does the second look in HD?

M3wThr33

Banned
DarkUSS said:
I'm wondering if I should buy Blast Factor Bundle or Crash Bandicoot 2... How does the second look in HD?
Wait to see if Crash 3 goes up first. Crash 3: Warped is one of the best platformers ever.

M3wThr33 said:
Gonna buy a bunch today.

Also, US STORE HAS COD4 THEME.
also a Tori Emaki and a "mesmerize" theme. Mesmerize is just purple-ey and Tori Emaki is a kind of nice, Oriental looking theme. The COD4 theme is night vision colored which is a little odd, though if you go to "original" wallpaper it turns the wave into a night vision colored wave. Kind of interesting, too bad you have to have the green icons to get it.

M3wThr33

Banned
bune duggy said:
also a Tori Emaki and a "mesmerize" theme. Mesmerize is just purple-ey and Tori Emaki is a kind of nice, Oriental looking theme. The COD4 theme is night vision colored which is a little odd, though if you go to "original" wallpaper it turns the wave into a night vision colored wave. Kind of interesting, too bad you have to have the green icons to get it.
Australian store had those themes weeks ago, but I redownloaded them just in case new icons were added or sounds or something.

really? I don't mess with any of the other region stores.

and the Turok demo is over 1GB and you can only d/l one thing at a time on the PSN so I know that at least for me it'll be a little bit. (had to get the Rock band ones first since they're smaller). Man would I love some concurrent downloads in the PSN.

Synless

Barakov said:
Don't worry. The night is still young.
I can't touch my ps3 at the moment otherwise I'd dl it and check it out myself, but I am working on some homework and I'm afraid I won't put down the controller if i pick it up.

BeeDog

The Turok demo runs pretty good, some minor slowdown here and there, "most notably" when the game switches perspective to 3rd person (this concurs with some earlier opinions of the 360 demo if I remember correctly?). Game seems ok, not something I'd buy. Also, bad choice to begin the demo in a dark and boring cave.

M3wThr33

Banned
Played some of the new Rock Band DLC on Hard (Not Expert yet, later tonight)
All the Small Things is kinda short, and really constant strumming, but it just feels FUN!
Last Train to Clarksville is tough. Good, but there's complicated HOPOs and picking. Wow.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Turok PS3 demo impressions:

Good
- Controls better than the 360 version. Sticks seem more responsive or something.
- Graphics assets are on par
- Image quality is very close.

Bad
- There is zero motion blur. Maybe a good thing after all.
- Frame rate issues similar to the 360 version but with some extra tearing going on (very rare).
- Primary fire on R2 :/ (hopefully final game allows to map that on R1)

spwolf

TTP said:

Good
- Controls better than the 360 version. Sticks seem more responsive or something.

Bad
- Frame rate issues similar to the 360 version but with some extra tearing going on (very rare).
- Primary fire on R2 :/

w00t

Erebus

M3wThr33 said:
Wait to see if Crash 3 goes up first. Crash 3: Warped is one of the best platformers ever.

Agreed. And I'm surprised they haven't uploaded it on the store yet. It's been there for ages on the JP one. :(

Angelcurio

PSN is really crawling today, its a pain to get online, or download stuff from the store. Its not like there is a killzone 2 demo or something along those lines to see the PSN servers getting so hammered.

Bebpo

Banned
TTP said:

Good

Bad
- Primary fire on R2 :/ (hopefully final game allows to map that on R1)

Hmm, I'd think Bishoptl of all people would know about R2 sucking for firing on PS3 and R1 being where its at.

So hopefully there's a toggle in the full game. Same with rumble.

tanod

when is my burrito
Synless said:
So how did Turok on the ps3 stack up to the 360 version?? No comparisons yet....I'm shocked.
It's NPD day. They're all in one place right now. *has flashback to watching Gremlins 1 and the movie theatre scene*

Bebpo said:
Hmm, I'd think Bishoptl of all people would know about R2 sucking for firing on PS3 and R1 being where its at.

So hopefully there's a toggle in the full game. Same with rumble.
PS3 developers NEED to play Resistance. Besides COD4, that's still THE FPS they are competing with on PS3.

Slacker

Holy nuts the FIFA Street demo is bad. I'm now convinced that EA Sports doesn't actually want to sell these games. There's no other explanation for this demo being made available. Points:

- I played a five minute match. The background song was 4 seconds long, so I heard it 75 times.

- WTF is that tackle move? Looks like they hired mocap people from Breakin' 2: The Electric Boogaloo.

- Speaking of which, notice any "special" moves, like someone kicking off a wall? I hope you like them, because you'll see them OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

- How about those visuals? Wait, did I accidentally download a PS1 classic by mistake?

EDIT: Oh, and I played Turok for about five minutes before I wandered off. Just can't get into shooters on the console.

dralla

wow, Turok is so mediocre it's scary. I didn't know that re-inventing a franchise meant make feel like every other FPS known to man.

Ceb

Angelcurio said:
PSN is really crawling today, its a pain to get online, or download stuff from the store. Its not like there is a killzone 2 demo or something along those lines to see the PSN servers getting so hammered.

Seriously? I was thinking they had upgraded their servers or something because downloading the Turok demo went by so fast. Then again, it's no R&C or Uncharted...

Mesmerize and Tori E-maki are pretty cool. The kind of thing you could put on at a party just for fun. Or to play around with when you're stoned or tripping. Too bad there's no custom soundtrack support though.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
Slacker said:
Street

- WTF is that tackle move? Looks like they hired mocap people from Breakin' 2: The Electric Boogaloo.

Fucking awesome. Can't wait for my DL to finish!

Top Bottom