• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSP Custom Firmware Thread

amodf

Poop, it's going to quickly be on it's way back. How much does a real stick run these days? All I found on PriceGrabber were bootlegs. Is getting an 8gb Micro SDHC w/ memory stick pro duo the better option?

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
I'd recommend getting a real memory stick pro duo, not one of those microSDHC converter setups. You should be able to fairly easily find 4GB mem sticks for just over $20, or 8GB mem sticks for under $50.

lobdale

3 ft, coiled to the sky
Quick question. I'm on 4.01 M33-2, which I have updated to from old stuff like 3.8 using the Network Updater.

Someone mentioned writing over their CFW with the Sony one by accident through the Network Update. How do I make sure (even though I've done it before) that this will update with the CFW and not the official firmware? Rather, how do I make sure that's how I have it set?

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Turn off PSP completely, not sleep and when turning on, hold down the R-Trigger to boot into the Recovery Menu. Check in configuration for M33 Network Update enabled.

Askia47

one of my friends has a psp phat with a 3.40 firmware. The only way to get CFW on it is through the lumines trick right?

VicViper

The Faceless Master said:
microSDHC setup FTW!

you can get an 8GB micro for $20 at reputable sites like newegg, and the adapter for under $10 from ebay
I was wondering about this. Doesn't load/transfer speed suffer when using an adapter?

navanman

Askia47 said:
one of my friends has a psp phat with a 3.40 firmware. The only way to get CFW on it is through the lumines trick right?

Lumines or Pandora will mod that PSP no problem.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
The Faceless Master said:
microSDHC setup FTW!

you can get an 8GB micro for $20 at reputable sites like newegg, and the adapter for under $10 from ebay
wat, shit like this exists?! Omg, I'm buying that stuff tonight! :D

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
VicViper said:
I was wondering about this. Doesn't load/transfer speed suffer when using an adapter?
Current adapters max out around 6MB/sec (read or write), which is way, way more then you will ever use for load speeds. Basically anything that can sustain 2MB/sec reasonably well, will tend to max out your load speeds on PSP.
Transfers to/from PSP aren't as fast as they could be(class 6 SDHCs will run 20/15MB/sec when connected directly) - but you can always pop the SDHC out into a USB adapter if you copy very large quantities of data.

Hey Guys I need some help.

I edited the gameboot on my PSP and I forgot to make a backup.
It ended up not working and now I can't boot any games at all.

Could someone copy and send me an un-edited flash0 dump from PSP Slim 2000 custom firmware 5.00m33?
I would be forever grateful, my psp doesn't seem to recognize my pandora battery anymore either and I really want to get this fixed.

Cloak

I've been a little out of the scene here. But I took the plunge and updated from 3.80M33 to 5.00M33-3 using the M33 Updater... very cool. Then I did the 1.5 addon (because i'm too lazy to look for newer versions of what I’m using). Should I do the fatmsmod?

But here's my problem, my save file (and yes i did not back anything up before the update) for Lego batman doesn’t load. The game loads fine, but when I load up the save file I get "Load Failed, the data is corrupted" This happen to anyone else? Is there away to fix it?

Also (again forgive me for not keeping up with the thread), but now with the PS1 games/ POPS, is there a way to save state like in other emus?

Thanks in advance.

Mr. Wonderful said:
Is there any way with CFW to make PSP games louder? I'm playing Star Ocean right now, and the volume is soooo tiny.
Yea what is up with the volume in that game? The voices are loud enough but I can barely hear the music.

sun-drop

whats' the best way to play .FLV files on psp? ..i notice there is a video folder within the ISO folder (5.00 M33-3) ...what's that used for?

Fafalada said:
Current adapters max out around 6MB/sec (read or write), which is way, way more then you will ever use for load speeds. Basically anything that can sustain 2MB/sec reasonably well, will tend to max out your load speeds on PSP.
Transfers to/from PSP aren't as fast as they could be(class 6 SDHCs will run 20/15MB/sec when connected directly) - but you can always pop the SDHC out into a USB adapter if you copy very large quantities of data.
yeah, and there's an awesome little usb adapter that you can get free with some kingston micro sdhc cards

eg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820134795

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
sun-drop said:
whats' the best way to play .FLV files on psp? ..i notice there is a video folder within the ISO folder (5.00 M33-3) ...what's that used for?

Use PSPTube, you can make it play local content on your memorystick. As for the video folder you're talking about, that's for video UMDs.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
spindoc said:
Use PSPTube, you can make it play local content on your memorystick. As for the video folder you're talking about, that's for video UMDs.

Shame it's still pretty glitchy for watching.

sun-drop

spindoc said:

where can i DL PSPTUBE? ..googkle is a bit scatterbrained re it

fudgey_lumpkins said:
Hey Guys I need some help.

I edited the gameboot on my PSP and I forgot to make a backup.
It ended up not working and now I can't boot any games at all.

Could someone copy and send me an un-edited flash0 dump from PSP Slim 2000 custom firmware 5.00m33?
I would be forever grateful, my psp doesn't seem to recognize my pandora battery anymore either and I really want to get this fixed.

So no one will help me?

You only need to hold R when turn on your system, go to advance, select "toggle USB (flash0)" put those files into a zip, upload, and send me the link.

Please guys, I need help. I noticed that the files I need can be from any PSP not just slim.

Rengoku

Got me one of these puppies on my last trip. Works like a charm. :D

1eur93.jpg

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Can somebody explain how to install SNES9x TYL 4.2 on a 5.00 m33-3 Phat PSP. It used to work but then I tried updating and now it doesn't. I'm copying the folder into PSP/GAME and I get a "This Game Cannot be Played" error. Argh. I'm copying the 1.0 version, I don't think I have 1.50 kernel on my PSP.

Jonnyram

Mejilan said:
I'd recommend getting a real memory stick pro duo, not one of those microSDHC converter setups. You should be able to fairly easily find 4GB mem sticks for just over $20, or 8GB mem sticks for under $50.
AFAIK, microSDHC is by far the cheapest solution for memory on PSP and just as reliable.

Rengoku

Anony said:
woah, how does that work?
does it combine the 2 to make it act as 1 card?

Yep, it allows up to 32 GB of storage (16 x 2 microSDHC). You can also mix different GB cards, or just use 1 slot. I got mine in Hong Kong, with the conversion rate at the time, it was about $15. If you look up "CR-5400" I'm sure you can find some online as well.

iapetus

Scary Euro Man
Is there any sign of a way to flash the new PSP-3000 yet? Ended up getting one to replace a defunct fat, but miss my CFW...

Hesemonni

Banned
I actually updated from 3.90 M33 something to 5.00 M33-3 today, but I honestly don't know why. The thing is that I've been happy with my CFW for a long time. What I would like is improvements to various emulators and more interesting homebrew. Lately the scene's been quite slow especially on the emu front. Well 'cept for occasional PC-Engine emu updates. This is a damn shame really because lately I've been refinding my love for PSP.

Kapsama

Hi guys, I have a question. I currently have a PSP-2000 with official firmware 3.95.

Is there any way for me to take advantage of this custom firmware shenanigans? I have quite a few PS1 games that I'd like to play on my PSP.

navanman

Kapsama said:
Hi guys, I have a question. I currently have a PSP-2000 with official firmware 3.95.

Is there any way for me to take advantage of this custom firmware shenanigans? I have quite a few PS1 games that I'd like to play on my PSP.

Please read the comprehensive OP. If you have any questions after reading it, we will be pleased to help you.

zewone said:
Doesn't the MSPD-MicroSD adapter run really slow compared to a legit MSPD?
read speed? yes

write speed? no

does it hamper games? no

Fafalada said:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=11860855#post11860855

dxl5le.jpg

Chris R

Anyone know if there is a custom app that I could use to do image creation/editing? Basically I'll be on a long ass flight and need shit to do and dont have a laptop that I can take with... Would be really good if I could spend some of this time and be productive and create some images that I need for a project of mine.

Top Bottom