• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

Q, Mikami, Suda 51 Partner with EA; so do Epic+People Can Fly

sonicmj1

Dec 2, 2007
Suda 51 partnered with Mikami, who actually knows how to make a game that plays well, is a triumph in itself. All the rest just makes it even more awesome.

I eagerly await more news. There has to be a catch.

Dascu

Nov 24, 2006
Belgium
twitter.com
sonicmj1 said:
Suda 51 partnered with Mikami, who actually knows how to make a game that plays well, is a triumph in itself. All the rest just makes it even more awesome.

I eagerly await more news. There has to be a catch.
He already partnered with him on Killer7
which had awesome gameplay

Apr 10, 2007
Suda+Wii=Good

Epic+Wii=Not good.

I bet Epic is not even gonna touch the Wii part of the project so that's probably good!

Fragamemnon

Jun 7, 2004
Epic learned their lesson from UT3-for multiplatform titles, you really want to go with a publisher that'll actually promote your game, and not one that will just print a bunch of copies and stuff the retail channel (helloooo Midway).

PCF is a very strong studio-Painkiller was a very good game.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Feb 22, 2007
Don said:
This is great news. It will be interesting to see what Grasshopper can do with a bigger budget.
Also kind of off-topic but what ever happened to Suda's PS3 game? Was it cancelled?
It never really existed. Mostly just a concept he wanted to make

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Jan 4, 2007
I hate today's Epic Games, so I'll hope they won't screw the all thing.

Also, quite surprised there's a Wii version in the works, considering Epic Games' stance, but who am I to complain?

thuway

Feb 25, 2008
Suda 51 on next gen consoles please :D.

Oh and does this mean Gears 3 --> coming to 3triple?

sonicmj1

Dec 2, 2007
Dascu said:
He already partnered with him on Killer7
which had awesome gameplay
And it's on all current-gen platforms, including the Wii, a console uniquely adapted for rail shooters...