• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Queen Elizabeth caught doing the Hitler salute like 100 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnie7

Banned
Some of you are missing the bigger picture here. A little kid (in this case the future Queen) grew up in a environment that supported fascism and might have been influenced here. The Palace's response and the general public is of faux outrage "how dare they publish the Royal family showing to having ties to Nazism - this is embarrassing". We should be asking questions as to the links between the Royals and factions at the time. But no the PR machine is going into overdrive here. God damn lizards and looking glass here people.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Buddhists and Hindus caught using the swastika thousands of years ago. For shame.

kmag

The Saxe-Coburg-Gotha's in supporting Nazi's shocker. Anyone with a passing knowledge of politics in the 1930's shouldn't really be surprised. Both brothers were sympathetic to the Nazi's, Edward far more so. Four of Phil's sisters married into the Nazi's and his nephew is called Karl Adolf in honour of old Adolf. The 'Windsors' and all hereditary aristocrats are essentially political chameleons to protect their own positions. Had the Nazi's successfully invaded Britain, lets just say the 'Windsor's wouldn't have been leading the resistance from the New Forest, they'd have used their familial connections along with the connections they were careful to put in place before the war to remain in position.

Hell during the first World war, King George V was technically a field marshal in the Germany army. It was round about this time, he decided that Windsor was a bit more English sounding.

But hey, touched by God remember.

Convincing enough for me, the Queen is clearly the secret Lady Hitler revealed at the end of a secret, unreleased Wolfenstein expansion, that the Jade Helm invasion of Texas was conceived in order to sieze and destroy any remaining evidence. Clearly the only reasonable response is to put the Queen on trial for being a good for nothing Nazi and then gas the Nazi fuck.

806368.jpg

Could have been mocking them, who knows?

This made me laugh.

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Some of you are missing the bigger picture here. A little kid (in this case the future Queen) grew up in a environment that supported fascism and might have been influenced here. The Palace's response and the general public is of faux outrage "how dare they publish the Royal family showing to having ties to Nazism - this is embarrassing". We should be asking questions as to the links between the Royals and factions at the time. But no the PR machine is going into overdrive here. God damn lizards and looking glass here people.

You're looking at it with 21st century eyes. In 1933 fascism was seen by many as a very promising new political movement. Remember that the Spanish Civil War, the Kristallnacht, the annexation of Austria and Czechoslovakia, the invasion of Poland and the holocaust hadn't happened. The Russian revolution had happened only fifteen years before and there was a huge fear that something like that might happen in the rest of Europe. I'm not surprised that in the early thirties part of the British aristocracy liked what was happening in Italy and Germany. "Now here's a new strong political movement that espouses traditional national values and wants to halt the Bolsheviks! Just look what they've done to the sagging economies of those countries. Their ideas work!"

Walshicus

No they aren't. Sure they have German lineage, but how many other countries could you include there?

In so far as they and the rest of Europe's "nobility" are part of a pan-European élite in of themselves more than the host nations they leach off of, I guess.

kmax

The Sun is a joke of a newspaper.

Murdoch's business ventures ought to be banned outright. Vile crap.

hal9001

Banned
I hate how the media and PR team keep quoting how King Edward VIII was "sympathetic" to the Nazi cause. He was a full blown supporter of Hitler and his regime up till old age, there is no sympathetic about it.

MrBadger

Damn, anything to start a controversy...a 6 year old doing a solute associated with an event that hadn't even happened yet at that point in time

Chariot

Damn, anything to start a controversy...a 6 year old doing a solute associated with an event that hadn't even happened yet at that point in time
Wasn't she crowned Queen after they discovered her inherent magical powers that includes clairvoyance?
They look so happy whenever they do that. Really takes the seriousness off from it. :p

"Yaaaaay!"
Haha, I always thought that it looled like the beginning of a weird dance, like one where you thrust the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom