• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rachael Dolezal claims she's jobless and on food stamps

Status
Not open for further replies.

junpei

perhaps i'm not fully understanding your point but if race isn't real then racism wouldn't be real and racism is definitely realwhat?
simply put race is a social construct based on physical features and some elements of culture. It's being a social contract however does not mean that racism does not exist. People still judge other negatively based on race

simply put race is a social construct based on physical features and some elements of culture. It's being a social contract however does not mean that racism does not exist. People still judge other negatively based on race
if you mean that race does nothing to change the fact that we are all the same species yeah. and we as a species "socially constructed" race to identify certain groups of our own species based on appearance and culture and other attributes etc.

Enzom21

Well iirc she was "acting black", for one. There may some day be acceptable forms of transrace identity, but it won't be Dolezal.

As for the arguments against the concept of transrace, they kind of sound like the same arguments as those against transgenderism.
How does one "act black" and what does that entail?

The folks going "idk about her but was she really malicious???" are kind of part of the problem. There's numerous instances where she WAS being and acting a shitlord from this (criticizing black women for marrying white men, not letting a Hispanic girl speak in her class in a discussion because she didn't LOOK Hispanic enough, etc.).

And I'm not saying people need to be born already knowing the information. I'm just saying that people instantly give this white lady the benefit of the doubt over an entire community of mostly black people who pretty uniformly have said "this is fucked up".

Majmun

This is so strange. Why is she doing this?

I mean, trans people change gender because their body and mind identifies with the other gender more.

But can someone be born in the wrong race?

What? She sounds crazy to me.

The folks going "idk about her but was she really malicious???" are kind of part of the problem. There's numerous instances where she WAS being and acting a shitlord from this (criticizing black women for marrying white men, not letting a Hispanic girl speak in her class in a discussion because she didn't LOOK Hispanic enough, etc.).

And I'm not saying people need to be born already knowing the information. I'm just saying that people instantly give this white lady the benefit of the doubt over an entire community of mostly black people who pretty uniformly have said "this is fucked up".
not just black people, I'm a man of color and I found this to be really, really weird

I also didn't know she did messed up shit while she was under the guise too.

McLovin

I wonder if one day people with race identity issues will be a thing. Kind of like how trans people are finally being recognized by their genders. I personally don't think race should be a thing. Like we're all people, there only really one race. Like if there was more then one we would look completely different.

Sunster

y0x8x.gif

I wonder if one day people with race identity issues will be a thing. Kind of like how trans people are finally being recognized by their genders. I personally don't think race should be a thing. Like we're all people, there only really one race. Like if there was more then one we would look completely different.

well we made it a thing and there's really no going back in the foreseeable future. Let's focus on achieving equality before worrying about becoming 1 big happy family. and that gif is directed at Dolezal not you.

L Thammy

I can't help thinking of Bubba Hotep when this person comes up.

I feel like a lot of self-hating non-whites would love if this happens. Also, stupid white people wanting to be cool. Also maybe weeaboos.

Syder

But if someone's called out for it, are they just not listening like the president won't listen like when people criticize him, or is there just a mental disorder preventing them from understanding what they are doing is wrong
I have no doubt that Rachael Dolezal has mental illness(es). She should be seeking professional help, not a book deal.

I have no doubt that Rachael Dolezal has mental illness(es). She should be seeking professional help, not a book deal.

Nah it's her ego as well I saw a couple of posts in this thread about her criticizing black men for being with white women and denying a Latino kid the chance to participate in a class discussion because he simply didn't look Latino.

That's ego right there not a mental issue

Edit: stupid fucking auto correct. I swear if you got an iPhone 6, upgrading to iOS totally fucks your phone

I mean, trans people change gender because their body and mind identifies with the other gender more.

It's called TransRacial. It was featured in an episode of Atlanta.

BajiBoxer

Banned

No idea. It's a super weird phenomona, would like to hear from a behavioural scientist on this. Have you seen the stuff about white people going so far as to have surgery to look asian? Most don't reach her level of subterfuge, but it happens.

It might feel similiar to the individual, but it's probably not a direct comparison. The science is still young, but I have read that there's more evidence of transgenderism being an actual biological thing.

In the case of racial identity, I don't understand how that's possible beyond maybe some being more prone to this sort of obsession for some reason. It's more like common racial fetishization taken to a bizzare extreme.

Kalamari

This is the kind of shit that happens when you push identity politics so hard. But it's the dems bread and butter at the moment so don't expect it to go away anytime soon.

Nepenthe

This is the kind of shit that happens when you push identity politics so hard. But it's the dems bread and butter at the moment so don't expect it to go away anytime soon.

No, Rachel Dolezal is what happens when you live in a centuries' old culture that gives white people the benefit of the doubt to do whatever the fuck they want regardless of even the fucking science behind their decisions.

But yeah, clearly this is the fault of BLM and transgender people wanting to use the appropriate bathrooms.

Syder

What? Are you really comparing people defending Trans People's Rights to a White woman pretending to be Black? Trans-raciality is not a thing.

You guys are giving way too much attention to an obvious driveby shitpost, come on

Anyway, the original thread was fuckin hillarious until some idiots tried to pretend transracial is a thing and compared it to transgender.

ZOONAMI

i know she's 'famous' now but kinda not buying the 100 jobs thing... at least not due to the controversy. i think most people are like "rachael who?"

Um, if you googled her name would you hire her?

Also, it's pretty rough out there to actually get hired for a professional type job that requires a 4 year degree that isn't in tech or engineering. There is an enormous amount of competition from people with similar degrees and experience.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
White people, clearly, because after the initial controversy and people having to explain why the subjective societal classifications of ancestry ain't the same shit as fucking gender, it's like it's never happened at all, and we have people in this thread toying around with the idea that maybe there's something to this trailblazing white woman who just wants to help.

Nevermind the audacity of people implying there's nothing wrong with pretending to be black for personal gain. "Aside from that, what did she do?" Fuck you mean? In this slice of racist-ass time, you think there's nothing inherently offensive of a white woman putting on some bronzer and weave like that shit's cool when black people have never been allowed to simply take the advantages of white society as they please?

Are y'all for real right now?

No, Rachel Dolezal is what happens when you live in a centuries' old culture that gives white people the benefit of the doubt to do whatever the fuck they want regardless of even the fucking science behind their decisions.

But yeah, clearly this is the fault of BLM and transgender people wanting to use the appropriate bathrooms.
All that needs to be said really. In other words, fuck Rachael Dolezal.

The Kree

Banned
It hits a wall hard about halfway through, though.

This was good:

From what I understand, that's how she got the presidency in the first place.

"You gonna press her?"
"I'm not gonna press her."
"I'm pretty sure she's a white woman, though."
"You know that. And I know that. But what happens when we let her know we know that."
"Man, I don't even know."
"I mean, it's not like we got a lot of Black people here"
"I know, Steve."
"This is Spokane."
"I know Steve"
"Hair game is pretty solid, too."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom