• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rayman DS - 1up.com review

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3138969&did=1

1up-55.gif

"Oddly enough, though, Rayman DS has somehow preserved the franchise's charm. The characters are still silly and endearingly bizarre; the style and music of the game is quirky and cartoonish. But even with all of this in mind, I can't help but feel that Rayman DS is 90 percent old news. From arena battles on the Xbox to a successful N-gage platformer, Rayman has seen it all and lived through the best and worst of times. Rayman DS is a valiant effort, but in the end, the transition from home console to handheld seems has taken its toll on the gameplay. I love you Rayman DS -- I'm just not in love with you. "

Amir0x

Banned
Poor Rayman DS. Also, I'm happy that the text and the score description match because it's always lame when it doesn't. He sounds like he's describing a "decent." Maybe I'll pick up Rayman DS in the bargain bin.

FoneBone

Amir0x said:
Poor Rayman DS. Also, I'm happy that the text and the score description match because it's always lame when it doesn't. He sounds like he's describing a "decent." Maybe I'll pick up Rayman DS in the bargain bin.
I doubt that a "Karen Chu" is a he... heh.

On a side note, I hope Pac n Roll is truly slated for this summer. Judging from the early shots and from spending ample time with the awesome Pac-Pix, I can only imagine the greatness Namco has cooked up

Dr. Strangelove

I'M COOCOO FOR COCO CRISP!
Doomed? In all seriousness, the fact that there were only a couple of screenshots circulating the net coupled with the fact that nobody really even knew if this was a port of Rayman 2 should've sent up the red flags a long time ago.

Andy787

Banned
Better yet, blame it on the horrendous substitute that the touch screen makes for an analog stick.

Man, this is sad. I fucking love Rayman 2, a portable version would've --should've-- been awesome. :(

Top Bottom