• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ready at Dawn unveils Deformers (PC/PS4/XB1, online/local MP, GameStop) [Previews]

Kaiken

Banned
Already thinking of some good drunk'n times with my homies playing this. We need more humor oriented multi-player games like this. I'll spread the word!

This actually looks like something I would enjoy, haha. Very cute and if it has online/cross-play, that would be even better.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
A spiritual successor to Iggy's wrecking balls. Just what I always wanted?

I don't see why the pessimism, it looks fun. I'm all for more light-hearted games, got tired of cinematic shooter openworld blablabla talk already. Bring it on!

Armadilo

Banned
Why are people comparing the order to this game ? (Looks more fun/interesting) what is this game supposed to be a sequel to 1886 or what...

mekes

developers cant work on games of different scale, budget and style now?

I dont see how its sad they are making this. a change of pace can be good for a dev studio and it looks fun!

Agreed. I think the game potentially looks like it could be a lot of fun. First impression from seeing the trailer is that I'd like to see some more about the game. I don't find it sad, at all.

Freeman

Banned
Sorry i can't read minds? didnt know an edit was coming...

But even with that edit... Who's to say they aren't using that technical/artisitc prowess in their separate AAA game, and whatever the oculus game is... This is a side project (not some desperate cash grab theyr'e forced to do to keep the company afloat) and the gameplay looks fun (the ppl who've played it enjoyed it)

There's nothing unfortunate about a studio making a different kind of game.
There is depending on the opinion of each individual, in my case I think its unfortunate, its ok to have a different opinion, relax.

There aren't many studios standing that can make games of that technical quality, they had a chance and blew it when it counted the most, as previously stated, unfortunate.

Rocket League and Smash Bros comparisons?

Well okay, I am interested. Local co-op too? Good for these guys. Not everyone can or wants to do AAA, and if they can do something creative and simpler, Im all for it. I think it goes to show how maybe they just weren't built for cinematic games.

It's like if Psyonix were to do a AAA game when they are better as making fun multiplayer titles. Maybe this is RaD's calling

Wagram

Shame. I was hoping for The Order: 1887 to be honest. They have a solid idea that can be improved upon. I don't want this.

Asriel

Oh, man, this is just disheartening. Still hoping RaD gets another shot at The Order. But with a major overhaul at pretty much everything, of course.

I hope Ready at Dawn moves away from TO1886. It's just not worth it.

This looks fun.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That looks like a blast to play with my kids. If it has 4-player local MP, I'll get it.

PSqueak

Banned
not-like-this.gif

They had a shot at AAA glory.
They blew it.

Guess they've learned where their place is

4eb4f6e49dde3744298fda859b8878ef.jpg

Feels bad man.

Couldn't even make it thru the first page with comments like this, what the fuck is wrong with you guys? Bet you're the kind of people who think Naughty Dog is "above" making anothe Crash Bandicoot.

This attitude is what's wrong with Gaming.

Looks...like a fun local co-op game to play with family and friends when they are over. If the controls are simple enough, that is.

-duskdoll-

I don't understand people's reaction to this. Is it the cartoony look that makes this game a downgrade from The Order?

Anyway, the game is very pretty and actually looks like fun to play.

Top Bottom