• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Reddit] Rockstar announcement for E3 will 'blindside' people

ultrazilla

Gold Member
Like I said way previous in this thread, I believe it's going to be a surprise release announcement of Red Dead Redemption 2 on PC. They'll announce it's coming to PC and
it's out now. Epic Store exclusive.

Aintitcool

Banned
How come Rockstar is not on the E3 schedule?

If anything's announced though, I'd like more story missions for offline RDR2. Something to make me want to buy the game again.

Failing that I think Max Payne trilogy remaster to be released later this year and Max Payne 4 to be released next year. Rather outlandish, but I can dream.
Could be showing up at microsoft. GTA5 next gen deputed on sony stage I think.

somerset

Seems too early for RDR2 VR. Way too early for the next GTA (which is underway). RDR2 on the PC is a given, and no-one would be blind-sided by that.

I guess Bully 2, but who didn't know that was coming? Looking at this thread, the answer is most of you.

Snakey125

How come Rockstar is not on the E3 schedule?

If anything's announced though, I'd like more story missions for offline RDR2. Something to make me want to buy the game again.

Failing that I think Max Payne trilogy remaster to be released later this year and Max Payne 4 to be released next year. Rather outlandish, but I can dream.

Because this is a wild man's dream.

Rockstar has never gone to E3 after 2001. I personally do not believe any rumors of Rockstar going to E3 due to the fact we get the same rumor every year and all of it is due to the very clickbait youtubers that "follow" Rockstar rumors.

Thabass

The only way it will blindside me is if:

A) They actually show up for the fucking event.
2) They give me GTAVI in Vice City
D) Announce Bully.

Because I don't think they'll do any of those things. RDR2 is expected and should happen.

Pagusas

Elden Member
No. Fricken. Way. Dude. MP3 was a masterpiece compared the others. It was like playing Scarface from the POV of a cop.

Yep.. which is not what Max Payne 1 or 2 were. I adored those games and 3 was an abomination written by people who must have hated the first 2. Had it been its own thing, not a Max Payne, I think I'd be less harsh on it

Gavon West

Spread's Cheeks for Intrusive Ads
Yep.. which is not what Max Payne 1 or 2 were. I adored those games and 3 was an abomination written by people who must have hated the first 2. Had it been its own thing, not a Max Payne, I think I'd be less harsh on it
Hard disagree. MP3 had exceptional writing, gameplay, visuals and pacing. To me, one and two were the decent with heavy atmosphere. I dug them both, tbh. But Max 3 was just splendid. I don't think I've ever replayed a game as much as that one.

Hard disagree. MP3 had exceptional writing, gameplay, visuals and pacing. To me, one and two were the decent with heavy atmosphere. I dug them both, tbh. But Max 3 was just splendid. I don't think I've ever replayed a game as much as that one.
THANK YOU! God, it's so hard for me to hear negative comments about MP3 because it truly is a great game. But I started to understand why some fans hated it.

So did this happen yet or is it possibly a Nintendo or offstage announcement?

That's my question.

I'm gonna be pretty pissed if RDR2 PC is still not announced, I should have just played it for PS4, but I decided to roll the dice and here I am losing on the bet that it would take less than a year.

Last edited:

Skyr

GTA 5 for switch is definitely still in the cards.

Maybe even a collection of the previous titles alongside (except 4)

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
where is the announcement? show is over. and gta5 a game i played 6 years ago coming to switch means absolutely nothing.
we've been blindsided in thinking that there would be an announcement! there wasn't one at all! totally bamboozled :messenger_face_screaming:

That's my question.

I'm gonna be pretty pissed if RDR2 PC is still not announced, I should have just played it for PS4, but I decided to roll the dice and here I am losing on the bet that it would take less than a year.
PC version of GTAV was announced 9 months after it released on PS3/360. it didn't launch for another 10 months so there were 19 months total wait between consoles + PC. It's been 8 months since RDR2 came out on PS4/XB1 and still no announcement of the PC version!

unless we get an announcement this month or July then i can only assume that they are holding off so they can announce a Red Dead Redemption remaster for PS5/XB2 and the PC version. If that's what happens then I'd still expect the PC version to be held back until well after next gen version releases. The PS4/XB1 version of V released in November 2014 so the PC version was "delayed" by 5 months to April 2015. If the same happens then I would expect any PC release not to come out until early 2021. Rockstar got away with tempting/forcing people to double or even triple dip for GTA V. they probably made a fortune doing that shit so i wouldn't put it past the greedy bastards to try it again.

my guess:

RDR2 remaster - launch of next gen consoles in October/November 2020 or early 2021.
PC version - ~6 month after next gen version so April/May 2021 or October/November 2021.

Last edited:
we've been blindsided in thinking that there would be an announcement! there wasn't one at all! totally bamboozled :messenger_face_screaming:

PC version of GTAV was announced 9 months after it released on PS3/360. it didn't launch for another 10 months so there were 19 months total wait between consoles + PC. It's been 8 months since RDR2 came out on PS4/XB1 and still no announcement of the PC version!

unless we get an announcement this month or July then i can only assume that they are holding off so they can announce a Red Dead Redemption remaster for PS5/XB2 and the PC version. If that's what happens then I'd still expect the PC version to be held back until well after next gen version releases. The PS4/XB1 version of V released in November 2014 so the PC version was "delayed" by 5 months to April 2015. If the same happens then I would expect any PC release not to come out until early 2021. Rockstar got away with tempting/forcing people to double or even triple dip for GTA V. they probably made a fortune doing that shit so i wouldn't put it past the greedy bastards to try it again.

my guess:

RDR2 remaster - launch of next gen consoles in October/November 2020 or early 2021.
PC version - ~6 month after next gen version so April/May 2021 or October/November 2021.

In which case I'll probably just wind up playing it on PS4 because I don't feel like waiting until 2021.

There's been plenty of pastebin leaks, some have been deleted.

Headlines:
  • Female lead character
  • PS5 exclusive for a fixed time period
  • Multiple locations detailed

Last edited:
Top Bottom