• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remedy/505 sign 7.75M publishing deal for new 3rd person action game for PC/PS4/XB1

derFeef

Milan, 3 May, 2017 – Digital Bros S.p.A. (DIB:IM), a digital entertainment company listed in the Star segment of the Milan Stock Exchange, through its subsidiary 505 Games S.p.A., announces today that it has entered a new worldwide PC and console publishing agreement with Remedy Entertainment Ltd. for a brand new game for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC, including Steam, across both digital and retail versions.

The new game, codenamed ”Project 7" (P7) is a cinematic third person action game set in a new Remedy-created universe. Featuring an intriguing story and a game structure offering a long-lasting experience, P7 contains the deepest game mechanics yet in a Remedy game. The game is built on Remedy's proprietary Northlight® technology.

Raffaele Galante, CEO of Digital Bros

”It is a sign of how far 505 Games has come that we are now in a position to partner with such a talented development studio as Remedy Entertainment. Our mutual life-stages, ambitions and business objectives are actually very well-aligned and we are excited to enter into what feels like a very natural partnership. The agreement fits perfectly with our strategy of continuous improvement of the quality and the potential returns of our portfolio."

Tero Virtala, CEO of Remedy Entertainment

”We have a strong vision of what P7 should be. 505 Games brings into this partnership experience and competences that help us successfully make this vision become reality together. Remedy is also investing in P7 and is deeply committed to creating an unique gaming experience that will keep the players engaged and playing for a long time to come. We are really excited to embark on this journey with 505 Games."

http://www.remedygames.com/505-games-signs-worldwide-publishing-deal-with-remedy-entertainment/

Alan Wake me if old.

// Mod Edit:

For the curious:

Polygon said:
PROJECT 7

There's very little Kasurinen is willing to tell me about the game. I know, because I never fail to ask when I speak with Remedy developers, that it is not Alan Wake 2. I also know that while the game is the developer's first big push into multiplayer gaming, it isn't what most would think of when they think multiplayer: competitive. This new game, P7, is meant to be a cooperative game in an open world that will provide players the space to create and, I suppose, tell their own stories, if only to an audience of one.

https://www.polygon.com/features/2016/12/28/14101058/remedy-new-game-p7

They had me at "Remedy Cinematic 3rd person shooter". Glad to see they are still making these types of games moving forward as I was worried they were going to move in a different direction.

Bummer though its not Alan Wake 2. Still interested to see what new IP they create here.

Nice to see Remedy going multiplatform. One less in the Xbox exclusive camp, though which I guess kinda sucks for Microsoft.

The Group will publish a brand-new game by contributing €7.75 million in development funding and providing marketing and publishing services through 505 Games for digital and retail versions worldwide. The agreement includes a payment of 45% royalties on net sales.

Less than 8million Euros. Pardon?

Oreoleo

Good for Remedy, really glad to see them land on their feet post-Quantum Break. Hopefully 505 doesn't meddle too much, though. Overkill kind of threw them under the bus after the Payday 2 micro-transaction fiasco by implying that 505 were the driving force behind that change, though I'm not entirely sure that is the case. But *any* association to that shit show gives me pause.

Strike

bruydd8.gif

tootie923

Praise! Remedy presents Allen Arise, a totally different cinematic third person shooter, which I would totally buy.

LAA

Awesome looking forward to it. Have found their games interesting and good to see it's another 3rd person shooter.

Funnily enough, yet another blow for MS. Sad they never felt they should buy the studio, especially when right now they lack a variety of exclusives and sadly Spencer's words don't inspire confidence that the games they have planned will really be competing at Sony's level of quality.

Less than 8million Euros. Pardon?

Keep in mind that's not going to be the total budget of the game. Remedy is an independent developer and is no doubt contributing part of the budget themselves. 505 is paying for all marketing of the title, which is a huge part of game budgets.

Also Remedy has their own proprietary engine which brings down costs even more. If they are making a smaller scale cinematic 3rd person shooter the budget shouldn't be really all that huge.

They are likely planning on making a game that costs less than Alan Wake and Quantum Break were.

It's more that Microsoft isn't funding another one of their games (which are absurdly expensive) as opposed to them just going multiplatform.

That's true. I guess I just mean it's one less reason for fans of single player games to be interested in the Xbox ecosystem. Remedy was associated with Microsoft only.

Not sure why some people are surprised at them getting a publisher the size of 505 games. Remedy games aren't big sellers. Neither Alan Wake or Quantum Break moved a significant amount of units.

If they aren't being bank rolled for an exclusive title 505 is pretty much the range of publisher they were going to land. It was gonna be that or Deep Silver, or someone along these lines.

T.O.P

Banned
Nice to see Remedy going multiplatform. One less in the Xbox exclusive camp, though which I guess kinda sucks for Microsoft.

QB ending up being totally mediocre and with awful sales surely didn't sit well with MS as well (and the game's budget didn't look smal, at all)

I donnow how much of a choice did they get

Dragun619

Well, As long as we don't see some hybrid live action stuff again and just in game everything, Then I think we're good.

HussiZooT

So IN when I heard Remedy and Multi-platform.

But 505 games... I'm not too sure. We'll just have to wait and watch.

KissVibes

Banned
Glad Remedy is working on something that sounds big. Surprised to see them on PS4 with this title, and away from working with Microsoft semi-exclusively. Hoping for very good things as I loved Alan Wake and had a fun time with Quantum Break.

Please be good.

I've heard some... interesting things about 505 while I was at GDC.

Posts like these are pennies on the track, ready to derail a thread.

Glad they're back in business. I really disliked Quantum Break, but I've always been a big fan of Remedy and I'd hate to have seen them condemned to the Korean MMO mines after one bad game. Hopefully their next big game will be more game, less TV show.

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
It's more that Microsoft isn't funding another one of their games (which are absurdly expensive) as opposed to them just going multiplatform.
You sure their games are that expensive? I dunno. Remedy is a pretty small studio and MS is notorious for cutting off investments that do not seem to pay off (see Platinum Games).

ethomaz

Banned
Let's see if Remedy finally find good sales for their games going multiplatform.

I wish they try to do something different too.

You sure their games are that expensive? I dunno. Remedy is a pretty small studio and MS is notorious for cutting off investments that do not seem to pay off (see Platinum Games).
It is expensive because they take too much time to developer a game.

Top Bottom