• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remedy/505 sign 7.75M publishing deal for new 3rd person action game for PC/PS4/XB1

Hexer06

Quantum Break 2 where they give you control to travel in time to whenever you want! Haha jk. Hope this turns out well and they get the sales they deserve. I was extremely sad QB didn't sell well :(.

Gator86

I'm intrigued because Remedy has a great history, but Quantum Break was ass. Going into this one pretty skeptical.

Kayant

Regarding the bold part:
Can you post sources? I really doubt Halo 5 or Gears of War 4 were outperformed by Quantum Break. Damn, even Titanfall or any other Forza game for that matter.
That should be new MS studios IP*
It did beat their internal expectations it should be noted.

Chris1

That should be new MS studios IP*

It did beat their internal expectations it should be noted.

To be fair, they probably adjusted expectations down when they saw pre order numbers. I doubt it beat what they expected it to sell when greenlighting the project/first showing it off. Without knowing what their expectations were it's hard to judge anything by it

RdN

That's fantastic news!

I love every game Remedy has made so far, really looking forward to what they bring next.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Good to hear. Haven't been able to play a Remedy game since Max Payne 2 so I'm looking forward to what they do next.

Just a FYI, OP, that's roughly USD $8,439,034 via direct conversion as of today.

I think this is going to be their business model as a company, going forward. Investing a little from their pockets + a third party deal w/ separate marketing and publishing from the same entity, all while getting to own the IP and their in-house engine saves licencing costs.

A little off-topic, but I wish P+ does get to own their IP's instead of just outsourcing to work on third party IP's / direct second party exclusivity / annual licensed property work. Though Inaba hinted this last year in an interview, it's gonna be a while before we see a full fledged action game from them and owning the IP.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I can't wait to see what they are working on. Quantum Break was flawed but I love pretty much everything else they have done.

Top Bottom