• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember Me |OT| You forgot, didn't you?

The combat system in this game has really grown on me. It looks pretty simple on the surface and is pretty boring for the first 2 or 3 chapters, but as you start unlocking the different pressens combined with the game mixing up the combat scenarios and continually throwing new kind of enemies really makes it shine.

It has its flaws, the camera can be a nightmare, it has a bit of a learning curve, but its different than anything I've ever played and the uniqueness is refreshing.

Finally put some more time into this. Probably my last post on this, so I'll try to wrap things up without going as needlessly overlong as usual.

The traversal in this is a joke. The controls aren't too great to begin with, but in tandem with the archaic movement controls and level design, and the crummy locked camera angles, getting arounds feels exactly like a PS1 title with pre-rendered backgrounds where you follow one corridor while running against walls hoping for... Well, more corridors. That said, there's more detours and sorta hidden collectables than I expected. Which is to say more than none.

The combat I think is a mixed bag. It actually feels ok, just a little overdesigned and undercooked. The fact that you only get like 3 preset combos and can only change the effects of each press is unfortunate and repetitive, but non-regenerating health and the benefit of quickly eliminating the cooldown on your L2 burst skills help make the customizations feel at least somewhat necessary. The general flow is: combo, dodge, combo, canned finisher, repeat until L2 skill is available. Through customizations, you basically make something that keeps your health up and keeps your L2 up often. I suppose the fundamental problem being, nothing so far seems to really demand much continued investment in this system once you find something that's efficient enough. Most encounters feel like you could just set one cooldown reduction and one heal to your first combo and just mash one button and dodge.

Now the remixes are the real deal for me. I expected something essentially linear, where you just fish back and forth and click X until you find all the prompts. I was set for extreme disappointment as soon as the controls emerged to be rotating the goddamned left stick to advance/rewind. As soon as you get into it though, it immediately becomes apparent that simply clicking on everything isn't going to cut it. You are presented with multiple outcomes depending on the things you select, some mildly hilarious, and finding the right outcome actually involves only selecting the correct combination of details in the correct order. I easily could have dealt with this expanded and made even more complex and actually challenging as the primary focus of the game. Make the game nothing but remixes and combat, and this may have turned into something special. People saying the remixes remind them of Ghost Trick really makes me want to give that game a try.

I went into this expecting Enslaved meets LA Noire. Instead, so far I've got something that feels more like a less crummy Castlevania LOS with better performance but equally terrible story, dialog, and camera, married to an interesting, unique, but way too short adventure game, and built to a formula that would have worked better 13 years ago. Bottom line, rent it for the world, the music, and the novelty of the remixes at least.

Lijik

You unlock more Pressens and other special abilities in Episode 2, which will definately make the combat more interesting.

At first I was kind of confused that I could only make two combo strings; the 3-button and the 5-button combo. But then I realised that, since I can change the combo at any time, I'm supposed to adapt to the enemy I'm facing and change the combo accordingly. And since you're limited to 5-button combo max, it's always a trade-off: take the damage pressen or the healing pressen?

It's an interesting system.

The combat definitely started to "click" when they introduce the focus ability and the cut cooldown pressen forcing me to change up my combos.

The episode 2 boss was really rad, loved the presentation on that.

Just finished this up tonight. I've read thru the thread and my thoughts and opinions on the game pretty much fall in line with what everyone else said so far

-The game is graphically impressive, you can tell lots of detail was poured into making each environment part of a full realized world. Its a shame that the environments were so linear as the game could have used more exploration to at least provide the illusion that you aren't being funneled in one direction for majority of the game. The visuals combined with the unique setting and excellent soundtrack really give this game its own unique feel.

-I really enjoyed the innovation and challenge that the combat presented. The system while simple also manages to be pretty clever forcing you to maintain your health and power cooldown via attacking. Once things expand and you unlock some of the extra powers, they start mixing up the encounters constantly introducing new enemies and different combinations of them forcing you to handle situations with different approaches. This was definitely a refreshing change from the normal mindless button mashing brawling other 3rd person games that are melee combat-focused have relied on for too long. I died my fair share of times in different battles before I figured out how everything worked, but thankfully the checkpoint system was perfect to lessen any frustration as it drops you back right were you left off. I like how it didn't force you to fight that 1st wave of enemies over again if you died on the 2nd or 3rd wave. The checkpoint system was also very lenient when it came to the bosses, not forcing you to start over at the beginning of the multi-part boss battles either.
The only part of the combat I didn't like was the camera which got a bit squirrely from time to time.

-As most everyone else mentioned the "traversal" stuff (i can't even call it platforming) was pretty poorly executed. I guess the detail in the environments kind of forced their hand and the orange markers were probably a necessity to stand out again the color palettes used, but the climbing and jumping were pretty much all automatic outside of the one early mission were they threw in the signs that shifted that you had to get the timing right. More of that kind of stuff or some skill based platforming peppered in would have gone a long way in helping this feel less monotonous. I did like how some of the non-climbing non-combat stuff was handling with avoiding drones, moving objects, the door powers and using the membranes. Again like the combat they kept introducing new mechanics up until almost the very end to make the non-combat situations less tedious. I was a little disappointed that there wasn't one or more sections near that end that forced you to use everything at your disposal to navigate and figure out something, seems like a missed opportunity.

-The story was pretty solid, there was a pretty slow burn until it started to come together. They set up the major plot twists really nicely. In the end I'd rate it above-average compared of other games of the genre. In the end the story despite some of it's shortcomings compelled me to keep playing to see where they would take it, and as others mentioned the ending didn't disappoint. Some of the dialogue was a little rough, but not so much that it sullied the entire experience.

-The remixes were the star of the show and the reason I was interested in the game to begin with and they delivered. Some of the stuff that can happen when you remix incorrectly is pretty surprising. I think the game could have managed to fit another 2 or 3 of these in without wearing out the mechanic. Also want to give props to the various puzzles that were sprinkled throughout the game, most were pretty clever.

Overall Remember Me is a game that I enjoyed and hope more people decide to give a shot as its worth a playthrough. It's not going to be everyone's cup of tea, and I would be lying if I told you it was truly exceptional, but its a solid package that does enough things in new and unique ways that most people will get some enjoyment out of. Kudos to Dontnod for a nice effort from a 1st time studio, they are def a studio I'll be keeping an eye on for next-gen as they seem like a team that could potentially do some mind-blowing things without the constraints of today's hardware.

Lima

Do we know how the game has sold? I can only imagine that it sold very poorly which makes me kinda sad. I really enjoyed this.

phoenixyz

Do we know how the game has sold? I can only imagine that it sold very poorly which makes me kinda sad. I really enjoyed this.
Yes. This game certainly has its flaws but it also has qualities that are not exactly common ground in video games. It would be a shame if their first game would immediately break the studio as we could probably expect some good games from them in the future.

Kolgar

As the final credits roll on this game, I know I'll look back on this as one of the most refreshing and absorbing titles of the Bald Space Marine Generation. Without a doubt, Remember Me is one of those rare games that just did it for me.

I think the combat customization and especially the memory remixes are some of the most innovative gameplay conceits I've seen in a while. Unlike a few reviewers, like the folks at IGN, I'm happy to give credit where credit is due.

I'm now looking forward to a second playthrough. My girlfriend watched me play an hour or so last weekend and she insisted that I play it with her from start to finish. She's even more of a sci-fi lover than I am, and she was hooked from the word go.

Thank you, DONTNOD, for making a beautiful, delightfully cinematic game that stands out from the crowd in memorable fashion!

derFeef

Finally got to play this game and I am pretty much in love with everything besides the combat camera. Now I am stuck though in EP2 as I think the game bugged out on me (small cubicle, nothing to do).

Riposte

They put a lot of effort into building the world for this game. Very impressive.

Combat isn't really exciting me. I don't think I like the combo system, seems limiting. I'm at least glad I have three combos now though.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
I'm still trying to make my way through this.

The combat tends to be monumentally boring. I've been using the same combos for awhile now and haven't seen any reason to really change them up aside from small statistical differences. I desperately wish there were more memory remixing sequences. I thought they were a key component to the game, yet they seem few and far between. The combat is much more prevalent that I expected it to be and is definitely killing my buz. Yet, the visual design is absolutely outstanding and my urge to continue to see what else they can muster up is one of the sole reasons I'm still slogging my way through. This is one of those games where I've been going as slow as I possibly can just to soak in all of the small visual touches that are placed throughout the environment.

I'll hopefully have it finished by the end of this weekend, but I'm pretty lukewarm on it so far.

Kolgar

I really want to finish this game, but it keeps freezing on me and there's no patch in sight.

What platform are you playing on?

And the poster above you reminded me--yes, one of the things I liked most about this game is its incredibly diverse and varied environments.

Girlfriend and I are resuming our playthrough tonight!

Just finished the game. Took me 17 hours, because I did most of the game at walking pace, to look at all the details in the world. This has to be the most detailed game world I've ever encountered. Absolutely beautiful. All non-interactive, of course, but still. Voice acting (by Kezia Burrows) is very good, and the score is incredible.

All in all, this game has been one of the highpoints this generation to me, just as Enslaved was. Both may not have very deep gameplay (but still some very original gameplay elements, such as the remembranes and the memory remixing), but I have realized that a beautiful world, interesting and great voice-acted characters, and an original story idea are much more important to me.

Starting a playthrough soon, should I go for Errorist Agent difficulty or jump right in Memory Hunter? Is the combat fun enough to deal with enemies on a higher difficulty?

Grisby

Starting a playthrough soon, should I go for Errorist Agent difficulty or jump right in Memory Hunter? Is the combat fun enough to deal with enemies on a higher difficulty?
I wish I had started on the highest difficulty. It can be tough for the first few chapters but I was breezing through the latter half.

So yeah, I'd say go for it. I thought the combat was decent. It's nothing mind blowing but you get some nice abilities later on (jacking machines to make allies,etc) to make it more interesting.

ArjanN

Definitely start on the highest difficulty IMO. I feel the combat is actually more fun on the higher difficulties as it forces you to actually use the combo lab to gear your combos for a specific goal (damage/regenerate health/cooldown for special moves, etc) while on the lower difficulties you can probably just mash your way through,

The game still isn't super hard even on the highest difficulty.

I wish I had started on the highest difficulty. It can be tough for the first few chapters but I was breezing through the latter half.

So yeah, I'd say go for it. I thought the combat was decent. It's nothing mind blowing but you get some nice abilities later on (jacking machines to make allies,etc) to make it more interesting.

Definitely start on the highest difficulty IMO. I feel the combat is actually more fun on the higher difficulties as it forces you to actually use the combo lab to gear your combos for a specific goal (damage/regenerate health/cooldown for special moves, etc) while on the lower difficulties you can probably just mash your way through,
Awesome. I started it about an hour ago on Memory Hunter mode and am enjoying myself.

Only thing is, after some searching to see Nilin's voice actress as well as a few other things, I accidentally found out
her full name. And to my knowledge, it's the same as the husband/wife team that basically built the memory industry-thing.
I really hope I learn the truth early on so I didn't just spoil the ending for myself. I tend to do that a lot without even trying lately.

Kolgar

So I know this is going to be controversial, but I have to say it.

I finished Remember Me and the next game in my lineup was The Last of Us. Given the hype and the reviews, I quite expected my enthusiasm for Remember Me to be tempered, if not outright put in its place, by this big-budget blockbuster title.

It ain't happening.

TLOU starts out with a bang, but the subsequent three hours have been--how do I put this? Boring compared to pretty much any 30-minute stretch in Remember Me. I find the combat in RM to be infinitely more exciting than the Manhunt-style stealth action (OK, I'll call it that) in TLOU.

What especially gets me is that so many reviewers and even people here on GAF have criticized RM for its linear and static game world. And yet, I'm finding TLOU's game world to be just as linear, and just as static, so far. At least RM had packages and powerups to find, marked my holographic clues to pique the player's interest. In TLOU, I find myself running about, checking every nook and cranny, and coming away perplexed that RM got dinged so badly for having essentially the same level of exploration.

Perhaps the game ramps up after the four-hour mark. I've heard it does. But what I've seen so far, outside of the amazing initial sequence, has disappointed me compared to RM in a way that has compelled me to boot up the computer and type this out at 2:30 in the morning.

I do not think the reviews were fair to Remember Me, and I definitely think they handicapped the game from reaching the audience it deserved. It pains me to see, and it further aggravates my distrust of games journalism--once again proving that big-name, big-budget games from high-profile developers are bound to be slavishly praised while lesser-known titles like Remember Me--for whatever reason--get hosed.

In my mind, at least, Remember Me stands up to the big boys. It deserves a fair chance. It does not deserve to be forgotten.

I do not think the reviews were fair to Remember Me, and I definitely think they handicapped the game from reaching the audience it deserved. It pains me to see, and it further aggravates my distrust of games journalism--once again proving that big-name, big-budget games from high-profile developers are bound to be slavishly praised while lesser-known titles like Remember Me--for whatever reason--get hosed.

In my mind, at least, Remember Me stands up to the big boys. It deserves a fair chance. It does not deserve to be forgotten.

Very much this. It isn't a landmark in video gaming history, but it is a well crafted game that isn't afraid to be different. I don't think it frustrated me at any point, which is an achievement in itself (well, maybe a bit in some later boss fights at first), and it kept me hooked all the way to the end and then to a platinum trophy.

TLoU is probably a fine game and I'll end up playing it at some point, but right now I'm sick of zombies, apocalypses and fashionably dark and depressing stories. Remember Me was a colorful spot of originality in a sea of brown grittiness.

Just finished it. Wow was this game forgettable. Some of the elements were decent tries (Memory Remixing & Combo customization) but other games have have had both of those features and implemented them in a much more successful way.

Kingdom of Paradise for the PSP had combo customization with some attacks having an elemental spell attached. It was much better because you weren't limited to having to have a specific attack go in a specific spot. You could string together whatever you wanted.

Ghost Trick for the DS had what was basically a fully fleshed out version of Memory Remixing. (BTW if you enjoyed those segments and haven't played GT yet, do it. Thank me later.)

The story was meh, and other than Bad Request, the characters were completely forgettable. Heck, I just finished the game and couldn't tell you anyone's name other than Nilin. I even had to look up Bad Request's!

Maybe I'm just bitter over the fact that even though I played through the game on Memory Hunter, after stupidly starting the game on normal and then switching the difficulty after the first cutscene, I didn't get the achievement for it.

tl;dr I'm not gonna "remember this soon" 5.5/10

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I got this yesterday and played up to Episode 3. The plot feels a little hokey but the art design is utterly stunning. Anyone with a remote interest in sci-fi or futurology should try this.

The environments are really dead given how beautiful they are.

I got this yesterday and played up to Episode 3. The plot feels a little hokey but the art design is utterly stunning. Anyone with a remote interest in sci-fi or futurology should try this.

The environments are really dead given how beautiful they are.

on reflection, i've come to see this aspect of remember me as being almost identical to l.a. noire. both games feature absolutely gorgeous environments (& music) that easily surpass just about every other aspect of the games (story, characters, gameplay), but ultimately, due to your inability to actually interact with them, serve as nothing more than extremely attractive ornamentation...

they're game worlds that almost beg to be lived in. but you're only ever really allowed to just visit. &, unfortunately, this kinda indirectly ends up actually hurting both games...

Y2Kev

This game actually really feels like a Sony game to me, or at least I can see its Sony-approved roots. Beautiful looking and sounding...but things are just a little off...I don't know, I really quite like it but there are some wuts about it. The camera is way too close.

Imo this could be a Ninja Theory game, they do game worlds also really well.

Ninja Theory should lend the DmC combat for Remember Me and help DontNOD with their next title. I'm sure it would be a good fit, British and French developers working together (lol). Think about it Capcom

This game is very much in line with titles like Enslaved and Heavenly Sword. Very intricate, beautiful worlds with somewhat lackluster gameplay.

Loved this so much I bought the art book

Amazon UK only had 3-4 copies left so I got it too. A user review uploaded a movie that flips through it.

Here's the review of the book on his official site

Parka said:
"Highly recommended to anyone who likes art.

Easily one of the best art books for 2013."

remember-me-2.jpg

a LOT of environment art which is a very very good thing.

Mononoke

Banned
I still have to beat this. I got to about 70% done, but then got side tracked by The Last of Us, Animal Crossing, and Fire Emblem Awakening. Personally, what I played - I really loved. I didn't have any problems with the traversal bits (like those above me are saying). I agree it's clunky, and the controls don't entirely help it. But I had no problem with them personally, it gave me a nice break between wave fighting, and I loved the backdrops of the city. So scaling buildings were always a great thing for me.

But I don't think the criticism is wrong. The camera + the controls are definitely wonky.

Just finished this finally on the hardest difficulty. State of Decay and The Last of Us stole me from it, but damnnn... I loved the style of this. My biggest issues were the camera both inside combat and sometimes not. The linearity didn't bother me in the slightest. The soundtrack, and visuals made up for it. I really consider this more along the lines of and old school brawler with some platforming and slight puzzles thrown into the mix for variation. I understand while this is a game that seems to fall under your on one side or the other, put me on the side that really enjoyed it.

thumb

Banned
I'm on chapter 5, playing on the hardest difficulty. The game has started to force me to use different pressens and combos, which is good. I'm dissatisfied with the responsivness during traversal: when I hit the jump button, it feels more like a suggestion than an immediate command.

But the game is so interesting and distinctive. Nilin is a great protagonist, and the world design is fantastic. I disagree with those who are asking for more memory remixes. They're enjoyable, but they feel more impactful when they are infrequent.

luxarific

Nork unification denier
Does anyone else like to pretend Remember Me takes place in the same universe as Binary Domain?

I like to think it's like Deus Ex HR had a trip to Paris. Kept hoping Adam would show up somewhere.

Really enjoyed the game. I loved the protagonist (how often do we get the chance to play as a woman, let alone a biracial one) and I adored the production design and environmental artwork. DONTNOD did a beautiful job. I do not anticipate the game sold well, however, which is a pity. I hope they get another bite at the apple.

I really consider this more along the lines of and old school brawler

You felt this way too, huh?

I dunno how much I can really praise this title, but I'll say this much, despite somehow having even worse platforming, I felt it was a better game than Tomb Raider. Nilin was more interesting than new Lara, the world was more interesting, the dialog and story weren't really any worse, both had repetitious wave combat but at least RM gave a better illusion of play options.

If only the remixes were actually challenging, the framework I thought was great.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm really tempted to buy this game since i love stuff happening in a sci-fi/futurist setting, but how good is it on PC with a keyboard/mouse? Ok? Bad? Good?

And is there a good review somewhere so i can read a bit about it before buying?

Jackpot

Banned
I'm really tempted to buy this game since i love stuff happening in a sci-fi/futurist setting, but how good is it on PC with a keyboard/mouse? Ok? Bad? Good?

And is there a good review somewhere so i can read a bit about it before buying?

Completely fine with mkb.

JohngPR

Beat the game a while back. Forgot to post about it because of The Last of Us. :p

I enjoyed it a lot more for it's art direction, graphics and story than I did it's gameplay. Not that the gameplay was bad, it was solid but mostly just there and perfectly fine. Being able to create your own combos in order to buff your character was pretty unique but a little limited.

The game is fucking gorgeous though. I enjoyed just walking around and checking out the environment. Really great art design backed by equally great visuals.

The memory remix portions of the game were legitimately unique as I've never seen something like that before in a game, but there were only four of them unfortunately. Wish there were a lot more. It felt creepy(and slightly immoral) to be able to go into people's memories and alter them.

Lime

You felt this way too, huh?

I dunno how much I can really praise this title, but I'll say this much, despite somehow having even worse platforming, I felt it was a better game than Tomb Raider. Nilin was more interesting than new Lara, the world was more interesting, the dialog and story weren't really any worse, both had repetitious wave combat but at least RM gave a better illusion of play options.

If only the remixes were actually challenging, the framework I thought was great.

That's funny, I had the same thoughts while playing the game last week. You're right that RM is actually a more commendable game than TR, despite the fact that RM suffers from some, if not the same, deficiencies of the new TR.

ymmv

Banned
How many people are playing this game on the PC? I'm about halfway and I'm really enjoying this. The game is simply gorgeous on the PC in 1080p. The only letdown was a three minute video that was so lores it beggared belief, I can understand that when the main audience for this games are console owners, CGI movies are in 720p instead of 1080p, but the video quality I saw was simply atrocious. Really a shame since the actual game looks astonishingly good. It's just a pleasure to take everything in.

jayvo

How many people are playing this game on the PC? I'm about halfway and I'm really enjoying this. The game is simply gorgeous on the PC in 1080p. The only letdown was a three minute video that was so lores it beggared belief, I can understand that when the main audience for this games are console owners, CGI movies are in 720p instead of 1080p, but the video quality I saw was simply atrocious. Really a shame since the actual game looks astonishingly good. It's just a pleasure to take everything in.

1440p @ 60 fps and this game is simply gorgeous!

MikeDown

Banned
Just finished this game on PC, such a refreshing and fun experience. What I really loved was the combat, I understand many don't like the combat system but I thought it was pretty solid, isn't too difficult or complicated to master and there is a decent amount of customization w/ your combos.

Soundtrack has to be the highlight of this game!

love the main menu theme
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOJ-Z357NxY

Nilin's theme is pretty good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFZ9oQItl2M

I love the music to some of the boss fights
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7ZydOdVMmg

I know many complain about how linear this game is, but not every game has to be Skyrim levels of open world exploration. While it would be amazing to explore Neo Paris in depth and actually be exposed to the economics of how memory alteration works I don't mind playing a linear game every now and then. I don't like how it has come to the point where if a game isn't open world it is nocked down by reviewers, not everything has to be open world. It is a shame really.

The soundtrack I think is strong for the most part, a lot of tracks are really special, but the battle music really annoyed me after a while tbh.

My only real problem is that the OST is so much more epic than most of the game that it sometimes seemed almost out of place.

man, the levels look so good, I just stand and look at stuff if I'm not slowly walking through them.

the 'traversal' gameplay it's some super hand holding guided linear awful thing though... it couldn't get any more linear... there is no exploration whatsoever so far, so much that I still feel I'm in the tutorial still...
I'm in the underground part with the train part
but damn the backdrops are so good I want to explore these things, wasted.

As for combat, I quite like the idea of customizing combos and their effects, it's pretty interesting but the execution isn't as good as it should be, combat feels annoying... I just want to be done with them quickly so that I can keep staring at walls and stuff... there is so much details.

The game scratches my cyberpunk itch somewhat with its awesome art direction, looks like I still have to keep dreaming until somebody at last makes a sandbox game with setting like this :'(

with that said I hope this studio gets to make more games, their art department is top tier.

I agree with all of this.

The combat system could have been cool if we were allowed to have more than 3 combos, and is the enemies didn't interrupt your attacks so frequently. It was also too hard to continue a combo after dodging or jumping over your target. It would have been way less frustrating if they would have allowed you to switch targets mid combo and still complete it.

I'm still hoping for a sequel of some sort to see if they'll open up the world a little and improve combat.

The wife picked up this game on a whim at Best Buy and after watching her play for a few hours I started to start a game and I have to say, I'm completely surprised and hooked. I had never heard of this game before she bought it. It's not the greatest game I've played this year, but it certainly is a unique and refreshing game. Too bad it wasn't heavily marketed.

JaxJag

Banned
I really wanted to like Remember Me, but I just can't. It's a legitimately bad game.

The art is outstanding, the music is also on the same level. But everything else is just poorly done. The controls feel sort of sluggish while platforming, the linear level design makes traversing the world uninteresting.

But worst of all is the combat. It's just bad, and the abilities that give the combat a bit of depth are handed out far too slowly. Enemy encounters are not fun, punches and kicks feel like they lack impact, plus you get to fight basically the same enemies over, and over, and over. The bosses are bad on Deus Ex: Human Revolution levels.

Just a game with a cool premise, beautiful art and music, and nothing else. The worst game I've played of 2013 thus far.

Loomer

Enjoyed the combat much more than Arkham Asylum.

The focus on evading and striking at the right time was a lot of fun and fits the protagonist perfectly. It can be tough though(at least on Memory Hunter) and it's hardly perfect but I never felt bored or too frustrated.

Played a chapter or 2 a day and had a blast, story's not great, but I was still pretty curious to see how it would end(very Binary Domain in that regard for me) and Nilin's a pretty cool character. Stunning environments with hints of Blade Runner, Mirror's Edge and some Binary Domain as well, definitely a strong visual punch.

Music's great but I definitely wish it had been even more on the electronic side(not a fan of orchestral scores) but the mix of styles was pretty neat.

Was pretty surprised by how varied the boss fights were, had a really tough time with some of the early ones(especially the very first one) but by the time I got to the last ones things became a lot easier(the combat system really clicked with me after a while), they were supercool from a visual standpoint as well.

Overall, I'm really pleased with this game. Had only played a little before choosing to get Bioshock Infinite off my backlog instead, and getting back to it after the massive disappointment that game was for me, this definitely hit me on a Mirror's Edge/Binary Domain level, imperfect but so much damn fun.

Y2Kev

The camera in this game is genuinely not good. It is WAY too close. It is making me dizzy in chapter 7. These rooms are cramped and all this combat in these tight spaces is making the camera go absolutely berserk.

Top Bottom