• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Report: State of Play on January 31- Feb 2

Perrott

Gold Member
You know something we don’t?

Emotion Reaction GIF
Doesn't really matter, I bet we'll get a clean leak of the State of Play (not this stupid riddle that Nick posted) within the next 24 hours.

I quoted you because I only wanted to temper your expectations, in case what shows up isn't the Metro IV you were getting all excited about.

Doesn't really matter, I bet we'll get a clean leak of the State of Play (not this stupid riddle that Nick posted) within the next 24 hours.

I quoted you because I only wanted to temper your expectations, in case what shows up isn't the Metro IV you were getting all excited about.

As far as I’m aware 4A games did announce they were working on the next Metro game, although they didn’t make any mention of multiple titles.

I know there’s already some speculation of it being a VR title of sorts, maybe a PSVR2 port for Exodus or something like that. Make sense but I’ll guess we’ll see.

mortal

Gold Member
Not just solid, metal gear solid.

I don't care if the remake is crap, still going to play it for nostalgic purposes.
Ronins will Rise, we’ll die stranded, have a rebirth and Kojima will fulfill his dream.
I wonder if that part is referencing something else other than DS2.
Not sure if an MGS1 remake would be it unless Konami is outsourcing the development to an external studio.

On a sidenote, I wonder what the hell have Bluepoint been up to these past 4 years :pie_thinking:

Not sure if an MGS1 remake would be it unless Konami is outsourcing the development to an external studio.

On a sidenote, I wonder what the hell have Bluepoint been up to these past 4 years :pie_thinking:
I would love a remake of the first and second metal gear solid. I have fond memories of playing mgs2 with my best friend as a kid. I think that was my favorite mgs.

Bluepoint has been on point lately. I can't wait to see what they have cooking.

ProtoByte

Would be a good SOP, but what I want to see from Sony are their AAA first parties and maybe WB's Wonder Woman when they're free of having to shill for Suicide Squad.

Seems like waaaay too much for a SoP but we'll see. I said in another thread Death Stranding 2 is overdue for a gameplay reveal (and I'm certain it will be releasing this year), Bluepoint project is overdue, we won't see any big reveals from Sucker Punch, Bend, Housemarque, ND or SSM until later in the year.

Last edited:
Seems like waaaay too much for a SoP but we'll see. I said in another thread Death Stranding 2 is overdue for a gameplay reveal (and I'm certain it will be releasing this year), Bluepoint project is overdue, we won't see any big reveals ffrom Sucker Punch, Bend, Housemarque, ND or SSM until later in the year.
i mean, there hasn't been a proper showcase in like 2 years.if sony is indeed doing the Pro they better have something to generate hype alongside the console

Three

The dream might be Hollywood related.

Perrott

Gold Member
Whatever his dream is, I bet it's public knowledge and very on the nose, since I doubt someone as stupid as Nick would have any deeper insight into the figure of Hideo Kojima than the average gamer. Maybe look into him, interviews and such.
b7ZXg2G.png

Leaked concept art of Bluepoint's project from the Insomniac leak.

Well respected insiders such as Shinobi602 have hinted at BP's game being a continuation of an existing property rather than new IP. So perhaps it is Egypt God of War or a radically different Demon's Souls 2, hard to tell from this image alone.

Three

Whatever his dream is, I bet it's public knowledge and very on the nose, since I doubt someone as stupid as Nick would have any deeper insight into the figure of Hideo Kojima than the average gamer. Maybe look into him, interviews and such.
The on the nose public perception seems to be that he dreams of being some kind of Hollywood director but that may just be those hating on his games. I can't think of anything that would be his dream but I don't know him that well. Maybe he's working with Guillermo del Toro on that thing again?

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
I'm tired of this cunt, but I hope all this stuff is true.
This guy reliable? Or just an attention whore or both!?
Your post made me realise it was Shpeshal Nick. I don't know what will be worse, him being wrong and we don't have a state of play in the next few weeks, or he is by some miracle correct and will use that to give us bullshit for Sony conference in hopefully a few months.
This specific leak is true (though still not complete). 😉 👀

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism

b7ZXg2G.png

Leaked concept art of Bluepoint's project from the Insomniac leak.

Well respected insiders such as Shinobi602 have hinted at BP's game being a continuation of an existing property rather than new IP. So perhaps it is Egypt God of War or a radically different Demon's Souls 2, hard to tell from this image alone.
More likely an Atreus spin-off game, like Miles Morales.

A game like Metro could easily be hybrid, it would please VR owners and non VR owners.
Getting 3rd person view games to work well with VR is harder.
This is my hunch.

Metro Exodus was their biggest game, and had one of the best next-gen ports to date.

I’m finding it really difficult to believe it’ll be a VR exclusive, but yes being a first person game anyway it’s very plausible that’s it’ll be a hybrid title.

Top Bottom