• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 0 HD |OT| I'm Rebecca! Let's do our best!

RootCause

is the dlc on psn store the same as the preorder dlc? Amazon apparently ran out of codes(even though I preordered the minute it went live).

Resident Evil Remastered
resident-evil-hd-0014bsqj.jpg

Resident Evil Zero Remastered
832-4myunc.jpg

(Tried to compare shots with a similar aesthetic)

It's a goddamn tragedy REmake can't look like this too ;____;

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I still think REmake HD looks pretty good...but yeah if I could switch the quality of the two remasters I would do it in a heartbeat.

I found people to be overly harsh on REmake on it's PS4 release. For a 13 year old game it still looked fucking great. I do wish it blew me away like RE0 though.

Finally beat the training facility. What should I do about my items? Should I just kill the Monekys that I have to get past to go back to main hall and do multiple trips to get everything? Or should I press onward and return later?

This game would be sooo much better if it had inventory boxes. I can't believe they didn't think to add them.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
Finally beat the training facility. What should I do about my items? Should I just kill the Monekys that I have to get past to go back to main hall and do multiple trips to get everything? Or should I press onward and return later?

This game would be sooo much better if it had inventory boxes. I can't believe they didn't think to add them.

There's no way to advise this without a spoiler tbh, but it depends on your ammo situation and what you left behind. If your ok on shotgun ammo or standard grenades then use em up and just kill them. DO NOT USE YOUR FLAME ROUNDS. You will open up a shortcut straight back to the main hall but there's an upcoming section with plenty of enemies to defeat first. There are more enemies that have respawned as well btw.

There's no way to advise this without a spoiler tbh, but it depends on your ammo situation and what you left behind. If your ok on shotgun ammo or standard grenades then just kill them. DON NOT USE YOUR FLAME ROUNDS. You will open up a shortcut straight back to the main hall but there's an upcoming section with plenty of enemies to defeat first.

I ended up killing the monkeys and grabbing all my stuff and leaving it in the observatory thing. I have 7 shotgun rounds (well 9, but 2 of them are in the 2 shot one), 6 standard grenades, 6 flame grenades, and 6 acid grenades. I also have magnum ammo and what I assume is a magnum but it's in a locked case I don't know the code to.

Markitron

I ended up killing the monkeys and grabbing all my stuff and leaving it in the observatory thing. I have 7 shotgun rounds (well 9, but 2 of them are in the 2 shot one), 6 standard grenades, 6 flame grenades, and 6 acid grenades. I also have magnum ammo and what I assume is a magnum but it's in a locked case I don't know the code to.

The code is actually printed on the side of the case, zoom in on it. You should be more than set with that ammo. Your gonna need the hookshot 3 times in quick succession, so leave it close by.

So was it confirmed that it was due to them having more of the assets on RE0 than they did REmake?

More or less yea.

Jawmuncher

So was it confirmed that it was due to them having more of the assets on RE0 than they did REmake? I remember the underground water area was bad in REmake. Still overall it was pretty good.

F this bat boss. It's not hard to beat, but I want to do it without wasting ammo. I beat it but used up all my flame rounds and 3 normal grenades because he's so tricky to hit. I wait for him to get close but it's tough to judge when he's gonna attack.

The code is actually printed on the side of the case, zoom in on it. You should be more than set with that ammo. Your gonna need the hookshot 3 times in quick succession, so leave it close by.

Ah gotcha, thanks.

rapid32.5

Beat it on normal, definitely the hardest classic RE game for me. There were a few spots during my playthrough where I easily died and if I didn't have a specific ammo or item it's all over. Also, I spent many hours looking for the green chemical, without a guide for proper character selection the game can be a pain in the neck. Bat boss is very easy, 5 flame rounds when it gets up close, less than 10 second fight.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Oops. Overwrote my Hard 100 Leeches save thinking Wesker Mode was tied to it. Come to find out, it's a separate mode/save.

At least my Wesker Mode save has infinite ammo. So I only have to redo that bullshit a second time for a new hard file, I guess. *mumble grumble*

So was it confirmed that it was due to them having more of the assets on RE0 than they did REmake? I remember the underground water area was bad in REmake. Still overall it was pretty good.

Yes. From the get-go they said they could redo the entire game because they had the assets IIRC.

Audioboxer

Is it better to use the handgun parts on one handgun over the other? Not sure if one of them does more damage.

Quite enjoying the game after the train, but the enemy designs are trash tier. The monkeys...

SkylineRKR

Is it better to use the handgun parts on one handgun over the other? Not sure if one of them does more damage.

Quite enjoying the game after the train, but the enemy designs are trash tier. The monkeys...

Billy's is better. Give it to Rebecca while Billy rolls something like the Shotgun.

Haha that was a really fun OT to read. I love when people go to the effort and make it informative and entertaining.

I think I might pick this up after reading about how much of a looker this one is. I rember being blown away by some of the visuals on the GC release when it came out so it will be nice to revisit again since I always drool over pretty pre-rendered graphics. And I don't think I even made it past the train so this will be mostly new to me anyway.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I can't believe the costumes are DLC. :mad:

I don't know why but every time I walk through a door and it plays the door opening cinematic it makes my TV say "3D signal detected" and then turns off right after the animation.

Just cleared the game a few days ago.

Does anyone else think this game would have been a lot better with just one character and magic boxes?

All the "puzzles" involving two people were mostly just sending items up and down via a mechanical shaft. And goddamn it was a pain in the ass seeing the open/close door animation of that item transporter so many fucking times.

EDIT:

Also, what's the best free image hosting website? People say imagur has loss of quality...

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

Does anyone else think this game would have been a lot better with just one character and magic boxes?
Most definitely. Would bring the game up from a 7/10 to a 9/10 easily.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car

All the "puzzles" involving two people were mostly just sending items up and down via a mechanical shaft. And goddamn it was a pain in the ass seeing the open/close door animation of that item transporter so many fucking times.

EDIT:

Also, what's the best free image hosting website? People say imagur has loss of quality...

I used cubeupload for the OT. It's had outages before, but I've had good luck with it

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
It's great but it's so unreliable when it comes to the site working as it shuts down at random, which is annoying.

yup, yup. Since the OT is so image-heavy, I debated whether or not to go forward with cube' vs another host... would've been disastrous to have an outage on release day, but so far so good (knocks on wood)

EDIT

Haha that was a really fun OT to read. I love when people go to the effort and make it informative and entertaining.

Hey, thanks. Glad you enjoyed it! I had a good time putting it together.

Just beat the lab! Still having a lot of fun with the except when I have to move a bunch of items around and then it suddenly turns into the most tedious game ever. The area, while small, was pretty cool. I liked that you had to use both players on each floor to progress together, I wish there were a more complicated progression puzzle than just passing items back and forth though. Also, I'm so fucking glad I got the green chemical back in the training facility, because I sent Billy up with the hookshot and I would have lost my shit if I had to backtrack to find it with Rebecca.

Definitely the weakest classic RE game I've played, but if not for the god damn lack of boxes it would be a pretty solid, if not particularly memorable, entry in the series. But as it stands it a solid game that every hour turns into something horrible either due to item transporting/trying to pick up the right thing from a cluttered mess on the floor, or a horribad boss fight.

One thing that really sticks out to me is how little a threat the zombies are in this one. There are so few of them, and only ever one or two at a time, and never in a corridor that you have to juke them. In the older games they were very precise challenges for you to plan your routes, or expenditure of bullets, around (especially in REmake with the ever-present threat of crimson heads). But hear they are mostly just things to shoot at. RE zombies are always fun to kill so it's not like they're bad, but it doesn't feel like they were as well considered as a threat in this game.

I actually dig the leech-man though. It's reach is kinda bullshit, but the random nature and the need to carry molotovs around adds a slight nemesis-esque level of tension to the game.

Neiteio

I found people to be overly harsh on REmake on it's PS4 release. For a 13 year old game it still looked fucking great. I do wish it blew me away like RE0 though.
I'm currently playing REmake. It looks amazing. Sure, some areas have a "softer" look than others, but overall it comes together so well.

SolVanderlyn

Is it me or is travelling together way less effective than traveling alone? Your partner wastes ammo and runs into enemies all the time.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
Is it me or is travelling together way less effective than traveling alone? Your partner wastes ammo and runs into enemies all the time.

Your partner shouldn't waste ammo. If you're travelling as Billy set Rebecca to only shoot (since she only shoots when you shoot/are attacked) and if you're travelling as Rebecca (why would you) set Billy as Idle since he'll shoot everything.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
Out of curiosity has anybody done a comparison of Resident Evil 0 running on the GameCube through an XRGB Mini (Framemeister) vs this HD release?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Here's a legit question:

If Capcom placed storage chests in the HD remake, will it make the game much much much better?

I think the removal of storage chests was a bad decision and made the game tedious because you have to keep going back and forth just to fix your inventory. In fact it's the only thing I hate about RE0.

Resident Evil Remastered
resident-evil-hd-0014bsqj.jpg

Resident Evil Zero Remastered
832-4myunc.jpg

(Tried to compare shots with a similar aesthetic)

It's a goddamn tragedy REmake can't look like this too ;____;
Cool comparison! It's a shame REmake isn't up to par on the backgrounds, makes the characters stand out more. Holy shit on the detail on lab coat to one of the zombies apporaching Jill for instance.

The background quality is less apprant if you run the game in 4:3 imo though.

Yes. From the get-go they said they could redo the entire game because they had the assets IIRC.
Such a shame! They must have lost the backups they had or something between REmake and Zero.

I'd love the whole RE1-3 games re-rendered aswell, even though they'll look far simpler. Would just be awesome to own! Sad to think it's lost forever.

Anung

Un Rama
Does anyone know is Wesker Mode has rankings? I'd like to get my S-rank and Wesker run done at the same time if that's possible.

SkylineRKR

Died two times in a row with the first Tyrant. Rebecca is a paper bag and it gives you hardly any room to run around... :/

That guy is very easy to evade.

Run towards his weak hand when he charges. Shoot once with magnum, wait for him to run again (subsequent shots during stun don't hurt him).

Woxxi

ModBot said:
Instructions for Woxxi:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 1 Steam keys and 3 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Woxxi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Resident Evil 0 Exclusive DLC Steam -- MB-C5EEEAF2F3EA43A1 - Taken by Neverforget
1hFaqwB.png
Resident Evil 0 Exclusive DLC PS3/PS4 (PSN) -- MB-77DA2FFEC6F214B8
EfagyaM.png
Resident Evil 0 Exclusive DLC Xbox One (Xbox and XBL) -- MB-053FBB8A746B4C46
EfagyaM.png
Resident Evil 0 Exclusive DLC Xbox 360 (Xbox and XBL) -- MB-6978A57239C3E384

My first giveaway on Neogaf. EU only for PSN i guess, enjoy !

karma2578

completed a couple of days ago, past the frog on the dam easily first time then died at first final boss encounter. Had to re-pass the frog, took me five attempts to pass as he kept snagging my leg with his tongue

Semajer

Does anyone know is Wesker Mode has rankings? I'd like to get my S-rank and Wesker run done at the same time if that's possible.

I think it does for achievements. I got the no-save one during it. I dunno about anything else, I did Wesker mode after unlocking everything else.

Top Bottom