• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick Ross is the Boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

BadAss2961

I thought this guy peed on some young girl?
ons3H.gif

FStop7

Banned
I know someone who did a photo shoot of him with his new ride for a magazine or something. Said he's really nice and easy to work with. That plus the fact he almost died from those seizures and I can't really hate on him.

And he stole a dudes name. He's fake as fuck.

You mean just like every other rapper with a stage name who rhymes about shit they never did? IE - Wayne, Drake, Jay-Z, etc?

It's entertainment, not a resume'.

so is every rapper ever as far as claims made= deeds done

nobody cares about this shit
Taking someone else's name and coasting off it is ultimate douchebaggery.

There is nothing legitimate about him.

In an interview, 50 Cent said Ross is "Albert From CB4. You ever seen the movie? He's Albert," he added. "It never gets worse than this. You get a guy that was a correctional officer come out and base his entire career on writing material from a drug dealer's perspective."

TxdoHawk

The man is an inspiration. People have tried to flat-out ruin his career by bringing up his past, messing with him, etc. and he just keeps going, his fanbase gives approximately zero damns and it seems he is pretty much untouchable at this point.

Just goes to show you what a joke modern commercial rap is, and Ross is laughing all the way to the bank. I do wish he'd lose some weight after that seizure scare.

charsace

The guys whole persona is stolen from a real life kingpin even his name is stolen from the same guy. Dude has never even sold a dime bag.

The guys whole persona is stolen from a real life kingpin even his name is stolen from the same guy. Dude has never even sold a dime bag.

Neither has your favorite rapper. You think Jay Z is really an "American Gangster" and pushed blue magic? You think Tupac really lived 90% of the shit he rapped about? Same with Biggie? Rap has been WWE for years Rick Ross isn't the exception.

andthebeatgoeson

Imagine that gaf, someone assuming a fake persona for attention. Imagine that gaf.

Is this where I ask if ur mad? He's getting paid to do what gaffers do for free.

andthebeatgoeson

Neither has your favorite rapper. You think Jay Z is really an "American Gangster" and pushed blue magic? You think Tupac really lived 90% of the shit he rapped about? Same with Biggie? Rap has been WWE for years Rick Ross isn't the exception.
Wait, are you trying to tell me the Beatles didn't have a bunch of crying guitars? I take all my music literally.

Real funny.

50 shoveled snow and hustled kids into doing it for him later that day he's a tru huztla holla if you hear me 24/7

Your salty post is extra hilarious when you consider that 50 Cent also stole his name from a neighborhood crack pusher.
I have nothing invested in him and am not angry in the slightest, I just think the contrast between his past and his current persona is so extreme that I feel I have to bring it up every time he's mentioned.

Your salty post is extra hilarious when you consider that 50 Cent also stole his name from a neighborhood crack pusher.
The real 50 Cent was moreso a stickup artist than a drug dealer, but your post is right on the money.

Some of these folks are killing me - "NOREAGA DOESN'T REALLY OWE HIM 100 FAVORS!!!"

I have nothing invested in him and am not angry in the slightest, I just think the contrast between his past and his current persona is so extreme that I feel I have to bring it up every time he's mentioned.

That's pretty much the case for most rappers. Ice Cube, Tupac, Snoop, Dr. Dre, Biggie, Nas, Jay Z, ....go on down the line and you can find shit they rapped about that they never lived. Also taking the name/persona of a famous gangster or drug kingpin is nothing new or exclusive to Ross either. Hell 50 Cent himself did it. Hell, I'd believe that someone who used to be a cop/CO these days is much more likely to have done some shady, nefarious shit than a kid on the street watching the real gangsters and jotting down notes in his pad.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Rick Ross is the definition of CB4.
So that's how much our expectations have lowered. MC Gusto is one of the highest selling hip hop artists in the world.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

Pac and Eazy E and maybe Master P are the only ones I would believe slightly..

Pac and Eazy E and maybe Master P are the only ones I would believe slightly..

Pac told stories that were not about him. It didn't make him a phony, he was a storyteller. Same thing with Ice Cube. Listening to his lyrics you'd think he was some hardened ex-felon, but IIRC dude's never had any trouble with the law in his life. They are telling stories just like any author or writer.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Pac told stories that were not about him. It didn't make him a phony, he was a storyteller. Same thing with Ice Cube. Listening to his lyrics you'd think he was some hardened ex-felon, but IIRC dude's never had any trouble with the law in his life. They are telling stories just like any author or writer.

Ice Cube's brother was a crip got killed and scared him straight....

The biggest problem people have with Ross tho is not that he is a phony (that is what they say) but that he was a correctional guard

Con_Smith

Banned
Rawse wouldn't be shit without his dope production. Still remember his goofy ass from the Trick Daddy video "Take it to the house".

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I don't blame him. Dude seems smart, and he got a record deal at what? 18? 19? Knows he doesn't have to live his raps. 2Pac tried to and it got him murked.

Big L was kind of the same way, but people took his lyrics to mean what he actually meant, and I don't think they ever did. I think he just knew it sounded good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom