• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rick Ross is the Boss

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jacobi

Banned
Rick Ross da Bawse > rick ross formerly prisoner

Rick Ross da Bawz at least made some good CDs. But I guess killing people is better.

He had to get the chain to get his shine back after Omarion stole it:

omarion-dance.gif

What on earth?!

The funniest thing about this gif, is the little baby steps Omarion takes whilst approaching the stage

WTF is he doing?!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Uh... "Freeway" Rick Ross IS the real Rick Ross (as in it is his actual name - excluding the freeway part which is used to differentiate the two - and not a fake persona). He is also not okay with it.

"Freeway" Rick Ross was on Joe Rogan's podcast a couple of times and talked about his past and his relationship with "correctional officer" Rick Ross extensively. I'd advise people to listen to them if they want a better understanding of the entire situation.

He was released in 2009.

there is a rapper named Freeway.. named after Freeway Ricky Ross.

charsace

The real Rick Ross was ok with it until the correctional officer thing broke.

And that is something for them to deal with not us

No, no he wasn't. He hasn't been ok with it from the beginning.

Uh... "Freeway" Rick Ross IS the real Rick Ross (as in it is his actual name - excluding the freeway part which is used to differentiate the two - and not a fake persona). He is also not okay with it.

"Freeway" Rick Ross was on Joe Rogan's podcast a couple of times and talked about his past and his relationship with "correctional officer" Rick Ross extensively. I'd advise people to listen to them if they want a better understanding of the entire situation.

He was released in 2009.
There's another rapper that uses Rick Ross's nickname. He got Rick's permission to go by free way.

Idiot fake Rick Ross didn't ask for permission. Real Rick took him to court and some how loss. Fake Rick Ross lied in claiming he never head of him.

Now real Rick Ross has to actively protect this guy from getting killed because he would be a prime suspect no matter what. Even though fake Rick Ross is a dumbass that has told stories that ended up getting guys in prison more jail time. So in reality there are a lot of guys that want to kill fake Rick Ross.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!

neither of them got explicit blessing from him as far as I know when asked why he didn't sue Freeway he said

Also, Ross clarifies why he never went at Freeway, the Philly rapper, by saying Free “carries it different” whereas William Leonard Roberts II “lies and he wants people to believe that he’s me” and that the messages and goals differ between the former kingpin and the rapping version.

There's another rapper that uses Rick Ross's nickname. He got Rick's permission to go by free way.

Idiot fake Rick Ross didn't ask for permission. Real Rick took him to court and some how loss. Fake Rick Ross lied in claiming he never head of him.

Now real Rick Ross has to actively protect this guy from getting killed because he would be a prime suspect no matter what. Even though fake Rick Ross is a dumbass that has told stories that ended up getting guys in prison more jail time. So in reality there are a lot of guys that want to kill fake Rick Ross.

Why does he have to ask permission? Does scumbag drug dealer Rick Ross deserve that kind of respect and honor in your world? Rapper Rick just took the name in the same way rappers take names like Gotti or Montana or Corleone. He might as well be a cartoon character and rapper Ross turned him into just that. Let's not act like the drug dealer somehow has a moral or ethical high ground here. He turned his name into something that is synonymous with illegal activities and drugs, a rapper took it because the mainstream rap audience eats that kind of shit up. He might as well be calling himself Dracula or Freddt Kruger. Did 2pacs buddies ask Kadafi and Saddam Hussein permission to use their names?

charsace

neither of them got explicit blessing from him as far as I know when asked why he didn't sue Freeway he said
He talked about freeway when he was on the Joe Rogan podcast.
Why does he have to ask permission? Does scumbag drug dealer Rick Ross deserve that kind of respect and honor in your world? Rapper Rick just took the name in the same way rappers take names like Gotti or Montana or Corleone. He might as well be a cartoon character and rapper Ross turned him into just that. Let's not act like the drug dealer somehow has a moral or ethical high ground here. He turned his name into something that is synonymous with illegal activities and drugs, a rapper took it because the mainstream rap audience eats that kind of shit up. He might as well be calling himself Dracula or Freddt Kruger. Did 2pacs buddies ask Kadafi and Saddam Hussein permission to use their names?
There's a difference between Gotti, Montana, Corleone and Rick Ross. The former 3 people know are show names. There are people that think Rick Ross is the real Rick Ross. Rick Ross is known, but not publicized to the point where its full blown commercial like the names you rattled off. He's just asking to get shot and he's lucky he hasn't been yet. A guy could start a conversation with him thinking he's the real Rick Ross and try to talk him into getting back into the game, only to find out he isn't the real Rick Ross.

Guys are constantly trying to get the real Rick Ross back into the drug game and he turns them down, but they do nothing to him for turning them down because he's the real Rick Ross, they know his rep. If someone does this with the fake Rick Ross and before knowing he's a phony they would most likely go after him. Especially when they find out that he has told stories about "friends," in interviews and documentaries and ended up getting them jail time or more time added on to their sentence. There's a difference between what fake Rick Ross is doing and a what Jayz, Tupac and Biggie did. The way Rick Ross is doing things could get him or family killed. He wants to claim to be a gangster that's fine. Real gangsters won't care. Him claiming to be the real Rick Ross is a dangerous game. He thinks that guys aren't doing anything to him because he's famous. When really guys aren't doing anything to him because the real Rick Ross is protecting him. Even though the dumbass won't stop claiming that he's the real Rick Ross.

Riggs

Banned
What on earth?!

The funniest thing about this gif, is the little baby steps Omarion takes whilst approaching the stage

WTF is he doing?!

Haha gotta take baby steps towards Ross or bad things happen I guess. That Gmail pic is still making me laugh, shit is fucking incredible.

Also any disrespect towards Pac in here will be met with lethal force. AKA me telling you how much you suck and don't know anything because it's the internet and I have no balls.

UrokeJoe

Its a good feeling knowing now that this rap game is just fake fun and games. Play a part get paid.

This shit really is just a simulation.

coldvein

Banned
titty sweat is one of those things that is great on girls but not on guys.

isn't there some ongoing litigation between freeway rick ross and rapper rick ross?

I know he's fake, I know his lyrics aren't great but his music is just so good to bump while driving 15 mph with all the windows down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom