• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ridge Racer Vita [Update 2: Tech Demo Video In OP]

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
:O Some of the environments look very colorful and fun. :Q_____

I'm honestly quite shocked at how much I want a Vita. If you would have told me two years ago I would have been totally lukewarm on the DS2 and fucking hyped for the PSP2 I would have said "I doubt it."

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
From dcharile's twitter

ridge vita: early, 30fps + ropey frame rate, looks like ps3 ver, nice DOF effect, same old track. In short... It's ridge racer

30FPS??????

Erethian

Wario64 said:
From dcharile's twitter

ridge vita: early, 30fps + ropey frame rate, looks like ps3 ver, nice DOF effect, same old track. In short... It's ridge racer

30FPS??????

Namco seems to be getting a lot lazier.

KingDizzi

Banned
Wario64 said:
From dcharile's twitter

30FPS??????

v6fds.gif

Fucking hell

gkryhewy

Wario64 said:
From dcharile's twitter

30FPS??????
I'll pour one out for all the posts on page 5.

Thank god they made it 30, this is a videogame not a soap opera amirite?

Bonus points for putting in framerate drops to make it feel moar epic and cinematic.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
..its just because its a demo, right? Right?

Duxxy3

Wario64 said:
From dcharile's twitter

30FPS??????

Outsourced to ninja theory.

Amir0x

Banned
fortunately for THIS launch Vita actually has a lot of other compelling games so I won't be forced into getting Ridge as the only viable option. I won't be fooled again.

Kyoufu

Amir0x said:
fortunately for THIS launch Vita actually has a lot of other compelling games so I won't be forced into getting Ridge as the only viable option. I won't be fooled again.

I'm conflicted. On one hand, I really despise games that should be 60FPS but aren't, and on the other hand... Its Ridge Racer on a Playstation launch...

Lets split the cost on the download version :3

Kyoufu said:
I'm conflicted. On one hand, I really despise games that should be 60FPS but aren't, and on the other hand... Its Ridge Racer on a Playstation launch...

if it looks like RR7, i'll give it a try, but RR7 was 60 fps right?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Amir0x said:
It just has to be better than the 3DS version though. IT'S GOTTA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amir0x

Banned
Kyoufu said:

I understand the 'idea', but I just can't give in this time. This is messed up beyond comprehension given how powerful Vita is.

LiquidMetal14 said:
It just has to be better than the 3DS version though. IT'S GOTTA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah most likely... but that's not saying much. In the 3DS game half the time you went nitrous the game slowed down to like 20fps.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
There is no way this game is going to be 30fps at launch.

Are there even any RR games that are 30fps? Serious question.

Amir0x

Banned
chubigans said:
There is no way this game is going to be 30fps at launch.

Are there even any RR games that are 30fps? Serious question.

Many of the Ridge games have been 30fps. Earlier Ridge games in the series and more recently Ridge Racer 3DS. But Ridge Racer as a series has moved beyond such archaic standards. It's unacceptable and I can't move my standards down anymore. Ridge Racer 3DS went one further - it has colossal slow down during nitrous use, whenever a few too many cars got on screen, just random times.

Amir0x said:
I understand the 'idea', but I just can't give in this time. This is messed up beyond comprehension given how powerful Vita is.

Yeah most likely... but that's not saying much. In the 3DS game half the time you went nitrous the game slowed down to like 20fps.

I feel for ya Amirox. Seems like you just can't get a portable 60 FPS RR game. I was for sure this would have been 60 FPS. =\

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Amir0x said:
Many of the Ridge games have been 30fps. Earlier Ridge games in the series and more recently Ridge Racer 3DS. But Ridge Racer as a series has moved beyond such archaic standards. It's unacceptable and I can't move my standards down anymore. Ridge Racer 3DS went one further - it has colossal slow down during nitrous use, whenever a few too many cars got on screen, just random times.
Ah. Well that's still damn unacceptable. :(

Amir0x

Banned
chubigans said:
Ah. Well that's still damn unacceptable. :(

I think officially when Ridge was marked for 60fps glory was when Ridge Racer was included with R4, but it was 60fps. That was one true racing fans knew there was no going back!

I miss old Namco :(

Vercimber

Bamco is rushing the project to ensure launch. Seems they lean on developers hard. But I'm with Amirox. . . I can't deal with an RR at 30fps. It's simply way too many steps back. I bought a 3DS at launch with RR and was aghast at the frame rate, turned off the machine, and promptly sold everything. (Yes, I'm a frame rate whore.) There's no excuse for that, especially when the PS2, PSP, PS3, and 360 versions all run silky smooth.

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
You guys are jumping the gun BIG time. It's a freakin' tweet from DC saying the game is EARLY! Calm down. I'm sure it'll be 60 on a powerful ass handhell such as this one when it's released.

*IF* by some crazy oddball chance it will be 30fps at launch, then all I can do is smh and continue to cherish Ridge Racers 2 on my psp.

so its Ridge Racer?

:/

After the weird e3 tech demo I was hoping we would get some weird crazy RR/Wipeout HD zone mode style crazy stuff as well.

DiscoJer

Weren't the PS1 Ridge Racers all at 30 FPS? R4 even came with a bonus disc, which contained the original game in a 60 FPS version, which was a basically a demo showing how much they had improved in programming ability over the first game.

nincompoop said:
Thank god they made it 30, this is a videogame not a soap opera amirite?

Bonus points for putting in framerate drops to make it feel moar epic and cinematic.
You're the funniest guy on GAF. Thanks for the laughs.

30FPS would be disappointing but it wouldn't be a deal breaker, even for a racer; it wouldn't make it unplayable like some people here seem to suggest.

If the final game has an unstable framerate on the other hand...

DiscoJer said:
Weren't the PS1 Ridge Racers all at 30 FPS? R4 even came with a bonus disc, which contained the original game in a 60 FPS version, which was a basically a demo showing how much they had improved in programming ability over the first game.
It wasn't just the original game at 60FPS.

It was the original game running at a much higher resolution, with improved draw distance, additional effects and a couple other improvements running at 60FPS. It also included the original RR for comparison and in both cases you only ran against one single car.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Screw the game (ok, not really) - I want ever Vita to ship with that tech demo. That was just phenomenal looking/sounding! What song was that?

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Seriously? 30 fps with slowdown AGAIN? What the hell, Namco?

They really ARE getting lazy. I was really hoping they'd deliver a NEW game this time rather than using those same tracks from the last few games. At least there are plenty of other great Vita games on the way.

It LOOKS nice in those shots, but the performance sounds awful.

Sintoid

Wario64 said:
From dcharile's twitter

ridge vita: early,30fps + ropey frame rate, looks like ps3 ver, nice DOF effect, same old track. In short... It's ridge racer

30FPS??????

Yeah... and I remember when Namco at Gamescon told that they were about to make a fully new RR experience completely designed around Vita...

I'm starting to ask myself if lying is now considered a new way to affect interest on a gaming system?

thank god its not that godawful western remake thing.

I saw that classic track. I want RRT4 with those graphics.

This is a total system seller

Wazzim

Banned
They can't suddenly go and make it 30FPS, this isn't the PS1. Graphics look totally awesome though, really exited.

Top Bottom