• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocksmith |OT| While My Guitar Gently Weeps

garath

Are the PS3 and PC cables interchangable? I have this on PS3 but wouldn't mind having a copy on the PC for that $15 price. But I don't want to buy another cable.

AlexBasch

Just bought the game. For someone who was mostly a empirical learner but stopped playing regularly about five years ago. It's fun and refreshing to re-learn the basics and actually learn new stuff.

I'm skimming through the DLC and boy, I'll go poor again.

someday

Banned
Wow, I'm buying all 3. But if I'm still working my way through the game, will DLC songs show up? I don't know why or how but MS site and my xbox say I have several DLC songs (Boston songs, etc) but I can't find them. Even when I go to the songs area. I downloaded them so that's not it. Thanks for any help with that.

Question for the PC version: what's the minimum spec laptop needed to play RS smoothly? I'm looking at the ~$500 range and most of what's out there has an i3 or i5 of varying speeds and onboard intel HD 4000 or 3000. I can't imagine RS is particularly demanding but it is much more dependent upon a smooth experience than normal games where framerate hiccups aren't a serious detriment.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
has anyone seen a list that sorts all the songs and dlc by difficulty?

I love some stuff like the Rush DLC but goddamn its really beyond my skill level atm.

Question for the PC version: what's the minimum spec laptop needed to play RS smoothly? I'm looking at the ~$500 range and most of what's out there has an i3 or i5 of varying speeds and onboard intel HD 4000 or 3000. I can't imagine RS is particularly demanding but it is much more dependent upon a smooth experience than normal games where framerate hiccups aren't a serious detriment.

This should answer your question

We're going to start working on that right now. It's going to take awhile though haha.

If we are talking Bass try Subdivisions

Onemic

I love some stuff like the Rush DLC but goddamn its really beyond my skill level atm.

Limelight is a great song to learn to play. It isn't hard as any of the other Rush songs(the other being subdivisions) and I know you're a better player than me so you should have no trouble learning it.

Xyber

So, a new update for Rocksmith on PC and according to some guy on the Rocksmith forums the song Anna Molly by Incubus was added and I can confirm that there is a new file called IncAnna that was added today.

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Limelight is a great song to learn to play. It isn't hard as any of the other Rush songs(the other being subdivisions) and I know you're a better player than me so you should have no trouble learning it.

i'll give limelight a try..couple other ones showed up in game show sets and they were very hard.

I'm no good at appeggiated chords and or appeggios anything with this game tho..its visually very confusing in how it presents them so i haven't spent time learning songs that use them alot.

on another note...what is it called in this game when a song shifts into turbo mode?

i've been playing combo 2 of Mean Bitch by Taddy Porter(great friggin song,wish we could get more Taddy Porter) and i'm around 85kish pretty much maxed out everythign in the song except the solo sections which are still around 60%ish...the next time I started playing the view zoomed back abit and it feels like the note highway isgoing by at 1.5x speed..very weird effect..was a "OH SHIT ITS ON NOW" kinda moment.

i'll give limelight a try..couple other ones showed up in game show sets and they were very hard.

I'm no good at appeggiated chords and or appeggios anything with this game tho..its visually very confusing in how it presents them so i haven't spent time learning songs that use them alot.

on another note...what is it called in this game when a song shifts into turbo mode?

i've been playing combo 2 of Mean Bitch by Taddy Porter(great friggin song,wish we could get more Taddy Porter) and i'm around 85kish pretty much maxed out everythign in the song except the solo sections which are still around 60%ish...the next time I started playing the view zoomed back abit and it feels like the note highway isgoing by at 1.5x speed..very weird effect..was a "OH SHIT ITS ON NOW" kinda moment.

doesn't the game display the full chord that is being arpeggiated? If it does, that should make it infinitely easier as you could just fret the whole chord, then pluck accordingly

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
doesn't the game display the full chord that is being arpeggiated? If it does, that should make it infinitely easier as you could just fret the whole chord, then pluck accordingly

no it doesn't, it shows the figure tips, but doesn't label them in a way that makes sense. So for example, house of the rising sun should be very easy to to play along to moving from strumming the chords to just appeggiated them. but you get this mess

Capture.JPG

this is their way of saying appeggiated A minor chord then C chord visually.

its very confusing to sort thru

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
if they just labled the first note of the chord what it was and gave the notes a different symbol it would be way more intuitive..maybe rocksmith 2.0

bloodydrake

Cool Smoke Luke
Wow I didn't realize that, I kept having to figure out the proper finger positions on my own. Thanks for pointing that out.

glad to help.
and the fact this surprised you just shows that in this aspect..there is room to improve in its presentation
Rocksmith 2.0 ..My body is ready

someday

Banned

I agree with this so much. House of the Rising Sun should be really easy to learn, but the presentation has made it really difficult, especially on the fly. Not impossible but I'm having to be creative in trying to figure out the chords to pick apart (don't know the correct word for this).

Prodigal

Banned
It'd be great if in the next iteration they experimented with some different tunings as well. We're not gonna get any Metallica DLC unless they make us drop everything down a half step to E flat. Although to be fair, I did download "Orion" last night from a custom fan-made song place and he used some modulation to achieve that effect. I also love playing in Drop C (CGCFAD) but I doubt that'll ever happen! Open C would be fun too.

Therion

I just picked this up for PC this morning and I'm loving it. Played all day today and looking forward to playing all weekend. I do have a question though. How does the game recognize bends? It seems like it's always a toss-up whether my bends are picked up or not, and I can't figure out why. Is there some indication of how far I am supposed to bend, or if I'm supposed to release after a certain point? I eventually managed to get a silver in the bend challenge, but I don't really know how.

Also, a warning: Don't buy more than one song bundle from Steam in the same transaction; apparently only one will install properly. I was looking forward to playing some Rush tonight, but my Rock Collectors bundle is in limbo at the moment. Judging by posts in the forums, this has been going on for several days already, so hopefully it gets fixed soon.

It'd be great if in the next iteration they experimented with some different tunings as well. We're not gonna get any Metallica DLC unless they make us drop everything down a half step to E flat. Although to be fair, I did download "Orion" last night from a custom fan-made song place and he used some modulation to achieve that effect. I also love playing in Drop C (CGCFAD) but I doubt that'll ever happen! Open C would be fun too.

the problem with drop tunings is the strings you buy as well as the intonation of the guitar. most people purchase 10 gauge strings. these strings have a very thin high E string that won't have enough tension in these lower tunings, especially in something like drop C, where a 12 gauge string would be recommended.

E flat wouldn't be a problem with normal strings, but if you start changing your tuning more than a step it really affects the tension on the guitar neck

Onemic

2 weeks and I'm still working on the verse and riff of Limelight. I'll feel so good about myself once I master the whole song, especially since it's Rush.

Now that I have my PC back and pretty much fully installed again, I'm hoping to get back into this soon! Will probably be playing this tomorrow with a colleague at the end of the work day for a bit at least, if he doesn't forget to bring his guitar this time. ;)

Xyber

Songs are up on steam. Juicebox was the last one.

The verse in Reptilia is harder than it should be. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqUMIR5GgBI

I play it like this instead:
Code:
E|--------------------------------------------|
B|--------------------------------------------|
G|-77-7-----77-7----------7-------7-----------|
D|------97-------97--66-69---66-69------------|
A|--------------------------------------------|
E|--------------------------------------------|

First time I ever tab anything, so I hope it's right now. :p
This way you never have to move your hand anywhere.

Charts for Juicebox and Last Nite as well.
Juicebox
Last Nite

Released

Yeah, that's an easier way to play it, but if you watch Hammond play it live, he plays it the way it's charted in game. Maybe he likes his A string or something, lol

I played the DLC for a bit and enjoyed it. Mastered the rhythm arrangement to "Last Nite" (dem barre chords), and got started on "Reptilia". I had some registration issues when trying to master the the breakdown. I'll have to get that sorted out tomorrow.

jgkspsx

Installing the PC guitar+bass version I got from Groupon.

Finally tried Xbox multiplayer with the extra cable. Pretty damn awesome. But, uh, can you not do multiplayer with guitar and bass?

Released

Installing the PC guitar+bass version I got from Groupon.

Finally tried Xbox multiplayer with the extra cable. Pretty damn awesome. But, uh, can you not do multiplayer with guitar and bass?

My roommate and I have done guitar + bass MP on his Xbox a couple of times.

Top Bottom