• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games potentially hints at Red Dead sequel on Twitter [Up: New Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simo

oh man, this is probably gonna have a first person mode in it, huh?

God I hope so! I don't know why it wouldn't.

I hope they take some examples from GTAV in regards to customization. I hope I'm able to visit tailors, barbers and stables to customize my character and mounts more than just an outfit change. Gun Smiths should let you customize your weapons too with engravings, extended stocks and the like too.

From the official site's comments:

hEbQF1S.jpg

Fake, photoshop. :D

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I don't even have to be sold on this. Been a fan since Revolver, so I'm all the way in.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
God I hope so! I don't know why it wouldn't.

I hope they take some examples from GTAV in regards to customization. I hope I'm able to visit tailors, barbers and stables to customize my character and mounts more than just an outfit change. Gun Smiths should let you customize your weapons too with engravings, extended stocks and the like too.

giphy.gif

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Dead Eye in first person

Riding around on the horse in first person

Entering a saloon in first person

Catching someone with a lasso in first person

FIGHTING A FUCKING BEAR IN FIRST PERSON!!

Oh man i'm way too hyped for this.

Simo

Exactly!

Dead Eye in first person

Riding around on the horse in first person

Entering a saloon in first person

Catching someone with a lasso in first person

FIGHTING A FUCKING BEAR IN FIRST PERSON!!

Oh man i'm way too hyped for this.

holy fuck yes!

I think I'm gonna throw this in before Westworld tonight to celebrate the occasion..

Didn't the guy who's done their artwork leave after GTA V?

Perhaps but someone has stepped up, just look at their GTA Online artwork which is similar.

GlamFM

Banned
Extended editition!

Let me help you guys:

-Chance this is Red Dead related: 100%
-Chance this is a remaster: 0%
-Chance this will be called Red Dead 3: 0%
-Chance this will be called Red Dead "something with R": 40%
-Chance this will be called Red Dead Redemption 2: 60%
-Chance this will come to NX: 0%
-Chance this will come to PC: 100%
-Chance this will have multiple protagonists: 75%
-Chance one of them will be female: 75%

This is my most needed open world game right now. Even over a proper sleeping dogs 2

Love the western genre and there's a lack of it in video games. Then redemption comes out and it was sooo good whew

Wasn't it reported that it was suppose to be a bar shootout for Red Dead reveal teaser at E3 but was later cancelled?
That rumor came from a throwaway account on Reddit and Sony reps on Twitter repeated multiple times that the lineup for their press conference had been set in stone for months with no changes. So probably not.

Anyway, seeing all the hype Rockstar generated today by tweeting out a red JPG, what would they gain from sharing a stage with a billion other games? :)

KorrZ

I really hope this tease gets revealed in this next week. The speculation is killing me, don't think I could make it to PSX or later.

jelly

I hope the success of GTA Online hasn't pushed them too far into that direction and we still get a meaty open world story and sandbox.

Simo

This is my most needed open world game right now. Even over a proper sleeping dogs 2

Love the western genre and there's a lack of it in video games. Then redemption comes out and it was sooo good whew

Perfect timing too when you look at the recent popularity of the genre with The Magnificent Seven success last month, Westworld on HBO, The Dark Tower footage later this month and trailer coming.

Lets just hope they don't crap all over the place with this tarantino theme that some many of you like. Give me something like RDR and I'm all on board.

Simo

But never understood why it was removed..

Misdirected attention? Who knows. She had them up on Artstation listed as a personal project and honestly, given how Rockstar operates with the "Big Brother" watch dog on everything you do, checking all emails including personal and the stack of NDAs you have to sign? There's no way she'd willingly, or be stupid enough, to upload that stuff if it was from a new Red Dead.

Stiler

Does anyone else hope that the map that was leaked earlier this year was a fake?

I hope the game takes place on a larger map an earlier time (like pre civil war era). I also hope the world is more of a diverse setting, from your usual deserty like western areas to some more mountainous areas like you'd see in say, The Last of the Mohicans movie for instance.

That also reminds me, if there's a Native American, plzzzz give us rifle war clubs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhrg6SH9yvE (Major spoilers for Last of the Mohicans if you never saw it, don't watch this).

inner-G

Banned
Something like Django Unchained would be so good.
I said in an old thread that they should copy the triple protagonist thing from GTA 5 but make it 'chapters' instead of freely switching

Do a Native American character, a freed/escaped slave-type character and a white female character. It could work out awesome and let them do cool story bits

Simo

Does anyone else hope that the map that was leaked earlier this year was a fake?

I hope the game takes place on a larger map an earlier time (like pre civil war era). I also hope the world is more of a diverse setting, from your usual deserty like western areas to some more mountainous areas like you'd see in say, The Last of the Mohicans movie for instance.

That also reminds me, if there's a Native American, plzzzz give us rifle war clubs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dhrg6SH9yvE (Major spoilers for Last of the Mohicans if you never saw it, don't watch this).

The leaked map wasn't full of desert areas though. It was like a combination of Montana, the Dakota Territories and Louisiana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom