• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rockstar Games potentially hints at Red Dead sequel on Twitter [Up: New Image]

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.png

Welp, looks like they made the GAF OT image for us already. We got a gaffer that works at R*?

jacobeid

Banned
Reallllllly hoping that teaser from this morning isn't indicative of the fact that this will be completely multiplayer focused.

I never played RDR, here's hoping the remaster comes out in the next two months for all platforms, with the sequel hitting late 2017.

Reallllllly hoping that teaser from this morning isn't indicative of the fact that this will be completely multiplayer focused.

After GTAO, all of their big hitters will have a huge multiplayer component.

It's not going to be. It's going to be heavily multiplayer focused but there will still be a huge single player campaign option I'm sure. The Houser brothers like writing narratives too much to let that go and also a not small group of people bought GTAV exclusively for single player

FelipeMGM

Cyborg

Damn...juggling 7 characters this time? How does GTAV fare with 3 characters?
I hope you dont play with all 7 of them. The far right looks like a female

Edit: refering to 7 characters (I hope we dont have 7 playable characters) not the female playable characters. I have nothing against a playable female characters. I support it

Dope. Image kind of all but confirms a prequel. Unless that's what they want us to think and it's really a sequel..

Many have said it but I'm wondering about how R* approaches multiplayer here as they now are firmly in the business of monetizing online content.

Combine an online element with single-player DLC, and the next Red Dead could be the type of game that is actively played and sold for 5-7 years.

This game should for sure be a "prequel" but with new characters. Redemption already was set in the last days of the Wild West and a whole part of its narrative was how it was dying. This should be set a good 60-80 years earlier

jacobeid

Banned
This will likely never happen as long as the Houser brothers work for R*

Oh I completely agree with you but that teaser image certainly makes me nervous. If online and offline are separated then that's perfect but if it's integrated....I don't know. I just can't imagine how much that would mess with the tone of the game.

If this is a remaster of the last game...Well I don't mind if a remaster is announced alongside a new game, since I never completed the last gen game. But it is about time R announced a new game.

UrbanRats

I agree that going back to Marston would be bad.
Also, 7 playable characters would be overkill, but i think theyll stick to multiple characters still.

Damn...juggling 7 characters this time? How does GTAV fare with 3 characters?

Seven would be too much I think. They did fine with three in GTAV, the story ultimately was pretty bad, but I wouldn't put that solely on the multiple protags. Well except for
having the ending be from Franklin's point of view, which was a huge mistake. What there was of a main storyline mostly involved Michael and somewhat Trevor and their relationship. You didn't get much of a clean resolution for that, except in a brief conversation you can get with them after the ending, and only if you pick the right ending.
Anyway they mostly did fine with the multiple characters, and three is probably the sweet spot, but four could possibly work.

I'm thinking there are 7 characters in the main gang but during "single player" you don't play as all of them because that could get hectic. Probably 3 of them when solo BUT heist missions etc. can be played co-op online where each member of the gang can be played by a different person. Would be pretty dope

calder

GIVE IT TO MEEEEEEEEEEE

Yeah I doubt the game will have you juggle that many playable characters but I fully expect a robust co-op element so a Silverado style group of adventurers thrown together by fate to do something (probably criminal) would be fantastic.

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
So what'll be the title? I'd say one of these three is most likely;

Red Dead Revenge
Red Dead Retribution
Red Dead Renegade(s)

Maybe Red Dead Revolution or Red Dead Resolution but I feel like those would be excluded because Dance Dance Revolution and Resolution perhaps being tied to the technical term for some.

( also, HYPE .w. )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom