• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Romancing SaGa 2 tops 200,000 downloads total on iOS/Android/Vita

mieumieu

Oh my bad. Yeah I think it's weird how FFVIII isn't on PS4 too. No excuses.

Someone said on this forum before that Silicon Studio Thaand was shutdown? If true then it could be a problem for FFIX on other platforms. Porting ancient games like this would require some arcane knowledge on the original game code, even when it was ported with a new engine. It is best to leave it to the people who ported in the first place.

wrowa

Sounds like they're considering porting it further to other platforms too. Could we be seeing a Romancing SaGa collection on PS4 and Switch some day?

I wonder if waiting for the other versions is the reason they still haven't released the Vita version in English despite announcing they'd do so.

Takao

Banned
Why though...? That seems like it's about an order of magnitude greater than any other digital game on Vita besides Minecraft. Why is this game selling so much better than everything else? Shit, physical games don't even sell nearly that well on Vita these days.

I'm not sure it's the only six digit Vita digital game. Famitsu's numbers are shaky. They said this did just about 80k and then never charted again. Who knows what things like Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V Tagforce Special, Tohou Wanderer and Deemo (which all had partial Famitsu tracking) are at.

DKHF

This was indeed an error, Famitsu updated the story with this:

[2017年5月11日15時05分修正]
講演内で”PS Vita版のダウンロード数は20万本を超えた"と紹介がありましたが、正しくは”全プラットフォーム合わせて20万本を超えた"であったとメーカーより連絡がありましたため、修正いたしました。
It's (this remaster) had over 200,000 across all platforms (so including iOS and Android).

Aokage

Pretty nice guy (apart from the blue shadows thing...)
It's both funny and tragic that a port of a 2010 feature phone game (enhanced, but still...) outsold the all-new Scarlet Grace.

JPS Kai

I wonder if waiting for the other versions is the reason they still haven't released the Vita version in English despite announcing they'd do so.

I wouldn't be too surprised about their Switch output, at least until maybe Gamescom or TGS.

Top Bottom