• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Microsoft bought Techland

Dane

ShpeShal Ed asked people about ACG claims of Microsoft buying another studio, possible broke the news by saying its quite sure it is Techland. Which speaking of it, was rumored back when reports arose fall's last year that Microsoft went to Poland for business.

This is perhaps what we are going to see... Wednesday? As ElAnalistadeBits said that something would happen by the 17th.

Last edited:

Fart Knight

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Who Is This GIF

Perrott

ShpeShal Ed asked people about ACG claims of Microsoft buying another studio, possible broke the news by saying its quite sure it is Techland. Which speaking of it, was rumored back when reports arose fall's last year that Microsoft went to Poland for business.

This is perhaps what we are going to see... Wednesday? As ElAnalistadeBits said that something would happen by the 17th.

Co-host of XboxEra? Didn't those guys get things wrong like... all the time?

GrayFoxPL

Likely fake.

I skimmed through polish news and there's nothing. Only the rumors from May-June 2020 come up and those were debunked right away.

Bryank75

Banned
Some corporates in Japan such as Sony are protected from foreign aquisition. Not all of them.
Correct, they are sorted into tiers.

Tier 1 is called the core group and has companies like Sony and Toyota etc.

Nintendo is second tier.

Sega and co don't have that much protection as far as I know but can still be stopped by the government.

Acquisitions in general have a lot more red tape though.

Chukhopops

I can see Techland needing cash after delaying Dying Light 2 several times now, but MS already has a Polish studio, not sure they’d buy another one.

Oppoi

Congrats if true. They fought hard for it and they have a strong enough track record to prove it. Keep on making good things happen Microsoft.

Top Bottom