• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumor] Microsoft bought Techland

Jigsaah

Gold Member
We're at the point we are trusting colt eastwood.....jesus christ boys.....
oooh, lotta Colt haters in here I see. I mean I'm just quoting the man. He does quality videos and here's another chance to see if he's legit. I'm taking it with a grain of salt, hence the "wait and see" mode.

Last edited:

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

leads to fear. Fear leads to xbox.
oooh, lotta Colt haters in here I see. I mean I'm just quoting the man. He does quality videos and here's another chance to see if he's legit. I'm taking it with a grain of salt, hence the "wait and see" mode.
Hes a fan boy who grabs his ankles for phil. Jesus atleast rand al thor says it how it is and actually criticizes MS when they need and doesnt take it from the back, the front and the mouth like colt

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Hes a fan boy who grabs his ankles for phil. Jesus atleast rand al thor says it how it is and actually criticizes MS when they need and doesnt take it from the back, the front and the mouth like colt
While it's pretty obvious he prefers Xbox I don't know if I'd go as far as you just did. You can prefer one system over another without going to the extreme such as a fanboy does. He acknowledges and participates in the good things Sony has going for it. A fanboy wouldn't do that. Fanboys defy all reasonable logic. They disregard any semblance of fact in favor of what fits their world view. I don't think Colt does that, or at least not to an extreme as a fanboy would expect.

Timdog, now that's a fanboy.

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

While it's pretty obvious he prefers Xbox I don't know if I'd go as far as you just did. You can prefer one system over another without going to the extreme such as a fanboy does. He acknowledges and participates in the good things Sony has going for it. A fanboy wouldn't do that. Fanboys defy all reasonable logic. They disregard any semblance of fact in favor of what fits their world view. I don't think Colt does that, or at least not to an extreme as a fanboy would expect.

Timdog, now that's a fanboy.

dude did this with a straight face whilst my cousin with his xbox is thinking about their 'exclusive games' being like:
137ca9e2a4de70b11d0ae475997e8004.gif

Jigsaah

Gold Member

dude did this with a straight face whilst my cousin with his xbox is thinking about their 'exclusive games' being like:
137ca9e2a4de70b11d0ae475997e8004.gif

I mean to be clear, me too...but i understand it takes time to develop these games. They purchased most of these studios less than a year ago, Bethesda isn't even fully in the bag.

Toss in the pandemic and the delays that's its caused, I mean you can't really fault Colt. He's not an insider. Is he lying here at all?

Last edited:

Maxwell Jacob Friedman

I mean to be clear, me too...but i understand it takes time to develop these games. They purchased most of these studios less than a year ago, Bethesda isn't even fully in the bag.

Toss in the pandemic and the delays that's its caused, I mean you can't really fault Colt. He's not an insider. Is he lying here at all?
The title of the video is
"Unbelievable Launch Exclusives for Xbox Series X | S"

what exclusives launched with the X or the S?

yes you can fault him he's a fanboy grabbn his ankles. This video was made last year october, this is not old this is new. We knew xbox had no games at launch

Pedro Motta

Colt Eastwood is a pathological liar.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
The title of the video is
"Unbelievable Launch Exclusives for Xbox Series X | S"

what exclusives launched with the X or the S?

yes you can fault him he's a fanboy grabbn his ankles. This video was made last year october, this is not old this is new. We knew xbox had no games at launch
that's definitely click bait. In the video he admits halo being delayed til this year, and then claims these "exclusives" for the "launch window". I honestly don't even know what the launch window is...3 months, 6months, less than a year?

I can understand it being a bit confusing (i.e. Clickbait) because he actually has a chart supposedly pointing out games planned to release over the next several years. Still everything I see in the video is either accurate to my knowledge currently or simply isn't known at this time.

Last edited:

CitizenZ

Banned
We're at the point we are trusting colt eastwood.....jesus christ boys.....

Do these Xslaves still block all their online accounts so you know they dont even play games? Think about that. I dont know what is worse, them or people who listen to them.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Do these Xslaves still block all their online accounts so you know they dont even play games? Think about that. I dont know what is worse, them or people who listen to them.
Colt doesn't play games?

I mean this is what I mean by fanboyism. CitizenZ CitizenZ just did a hot take devoid of all logic and ignoring all facts.

Last edited:

CitizenZ

Banned
This thread went from Microsoft buying techland to Colteastwood is not a gamer

I take it all back, he IS an expert for Xbox with 64 achievements on Crackdown. Im seriously sorry for my ignorance and his starting games and basically never finishing them is commendable. I will never doubt this hard core "creator" again. Again, apologies. Can we get a constant forum post of this gamer every week so we know what is happening please.

They should try finding a third person game dev too, feels like they’ll soon have every first person dev there is.
Sony already owns all the third person game devs. 🤣

If these companies would quit just looking at studios like baseball or Pokemon cards and collecting complete sets... They could sit in a Cafeteria somewhere during lunch and maybe make some trades.

Who's this guy? New "insider" lol

I don't think its true but I'm not going off anymore twitter "insiders" looking for 15 seconds of fame.
Becoming a legitimate insider isn't as easy as most people think. It takes a lot of planning and work to accomplish. It's not as simple as declaring yourself an "insider" either. It's a 2 step process that takes the sort of dedication that most simply don't have.

Once you really consider just how complex and difficult those 2 steps are, you'll appreciate "insiders" far more than you'd think.

Step 1. Create a Twitter account.
Step 2. Post on Twitter.

Derktron

Banned
Yeah he’s just like any damn fanboy of any console, I even called him out over the fact that the developers turned down the buying out.

Derktron

Banned
Colt Eastwood is a pathological liar.
I remember this Youtuber named SuperMetelDave64 who claimed that the Nintendo Switch was going to run on AMD OEM hardware and was capable of running games on the performance closer or better the PS4. At the time, he got called out and when Nintendo finally revealed the system he went downhill. That’s what I see Colt Eastwood going on the path too. Make up lies then you become irrelevant.

Derktron

Banned

Colt saying Dying Light 2 one year exclusivity for sure. Not sure for acquisition. I'll stay in sit and wait mode. I don't think this is a huge acquisition, though I would say I was pretty impressed with original trailers for the game.

Yeah Microsoft would be the laughingstock of our new generation if they made such a major game one year exclusive.

When the rumors of a polish studio were flying around, I honestly thought they would partner with People Can Fly, due to their history with them using their IPs like Gears, more than Techland.

This would be a risky acquisition, considering this studio's reputation on being a very "development hell friendly" work culture, no?

What's their (Techland) market cap (or evaluation if they're a private company) btw?

Top Bottom