• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Unintentional Smash Bros 4 Leak? Reuben saying he played Raiden in Smash Bros

I think the guy is seriously mixed up.

Snake Eater 3DS has Raiden? MGS3 which takes place in the 60's has Raiden?

jqNxgXe.png

MattVT

Snake Eater 3DS has Raiden? MGS3 which takes place in the 60's has Raiden?

He was probably referring to the Ivan Raidenovich Raikov gag or to the fact that if you choose "I liked MGS2" at the beginning of the game, you get a mask that looks an awful lot like Raiden.

Edit: Beaten with a much better post.

Jawmuncher

So is the VA leaking something or not. This thread is all over the place and i'm just confused looking at all the posts in here.

NotLiquid

If he didn't get things mixed up I'm going to assume that Raiden is in the game as an Assist Trophy which by proxy should confirm that Snake is back.

Jawmuncher

It's a voice actor who hasn't voiced this character before (as far as I know), so this is something entirely new.

Ok so i'm going to go with this for the thread then. Though he did voice Gray Fox so they might have been "hey lets kill 2 birds with 1 stone" you can voice raiden to.

All in all this means Snake is back which is all I want.

DaBoss

Didnt kojima basically say a few weeks ago that snake isnt in smash?
He said he doesn't know, but here's the thing. Why would he confirm Snake? It is obvious they would want to make the reveal an eventful one and part of the marketing for the game. He wouldn't want to ruin the surprise.

MisterHero

So Snake's coming back. Good. Didn't want to let a good moveset with completed animations go to waste.

so there's 1 (or multiple?) MGS assist trophies = 1+ voice actor
+secret assist trophy interaction with snake = above voice actor getting more work
there's 1 (or multiple) codec contact if codec comes back at all = possibly a few MGS voice actors

then snake himself = david hayter? jack bauer?

I felt kinda bad that the most amount of VA for Brawl came from a non-Nintendo source. Not that I want to see Nintendo characters start talking with uncharacteristic voices.

Maybe the cast of Starforx 64/3D will come back.

Here's the big question for Snake being in Smash...

....who's his voice actor?

What do you think Keifer charges for that kind of role?
You think Hayter would voice Snake for a fighting game when he was sacked from the main series?

....hmmmmmmmmmmmm

No? Where did you hear that

Also the only way the guy in question is mistaking smash bros for psabr is

1. He originally did the voice work for raiden in psabr

2. They got the original raiden va to come in and redid the voice acting

3. The game came out and this guy missed the memo that it's not his voice in the game

4. Over a year later he still takes credit for a character he didn't voice in the final version

NotLiquid

He said that he doesn't know if he's in. It might not be going through Kojima's channels at the moment so if he's in it must have been negotiated with Konami higher ups instead, but he said that he's totally okay with Snake returning if Sakurai wanted to bring him back.

GameE

He said he doesn't know, but here's the thing. Why would he confirm Snake? It is obvious they would want to make the reveal an eventful one and part of the marketing for the game. He wouldn't want to ruin the surprise.

Ok I see

You think Hayter would voice Snake for a fighting game when he was sacked from the main series?

....hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Alfonzo: Leave it to me!

rawktapus

So Snake's coming back. Good. Didn't want to let a good moveset with completed animations go to waste.

so there's 1 (or multiple?) MGS assist trophies = 1+ voice actor
+secret assist trophy interaction with snake = above voice actor getting more work
there's 1 (or multiple) codec contact if codec comes back at all = possibly a few MGS voice actors

then snake himself = david hayter? jack bauer?

I felt kinda bad that the most amount of VA for Brawl came from a non-Nintendo source. Not that I want to see Nintendo characters start talking with uncharacteristic voices.

Maybe the cast of Starforx 64/3D will come back.

Codec calls are one of the biggest reasons I want Snake back in the first place. I can only hope he'd have a lot to say about Villager's cold, dead eyes.

Jawmuncher

....hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Well since it would be Sakurai's call i'm guessing they probably would grab Hayter just because. Though at this point we know they aren't opposed to getting sound alikes. No way Kiefer will do the role unless his MGSV contract and payment covered Smash as well.

MisterHero

Snake returns as Old Snake.

Remains unstoppable but gets back cramps from time to time. It's like tripping limited only to Snake. Health items act like Regain.

JCX

Nintendo and Sony to announce merger of games console at E3, sole launch title to be Super Playstation Smash Bros All Stars Battle Royale: Tripping Edition

kirby_fox

Banned
Maybe that accidental Miiverse hack that showed Metal Gear Solid was for a reason? The rest of the list has all been confirmed as a game, except Metal Gear, Soul Hackers and Flipnote (Metroid maybe, but it had a VC titile- and FF3 isn't re-released yet).

Snake in Smash could coincide with a MGS game showing up on Wii U. Question is which one-- MGSV, remakes of MGS1&2, a remake of MGS4, or a potential new title?

Rising could always get a sequel that's Wii U exclusive.

Jawmuncher

And yet so many people in the Smash thread want Snake out of the game.

Anyone who wants Snake out definitely needs a "No Fun Allowed" sign outside their house. He's already been in Brawl the damage is done. Not to mention he has more Nintendo Significance than Ice Climbers and Rob if they want to pull the how many games he has.

MisterHero

I would buy Metal Gear Legacy + Twin Snakes HD for Wii U so hard.

TS is already better than a PSN code for MGS. The other HD ports would be pretty straightforward.

Yeah that thinking is sound epecially when Raiden's appearence in PSASBR was leaked cause he remained in the codes of their demo/beta(?), pissed off Konami/Platinum Games.
http://www.thegamingliberty.com/2012/09/platinum-not-thrilled-with-playstation-all-stars-battle-royale/
Speaking to GT TV, KP’s Korekado seemed thrilled that Raiden was in the game but seemed disappointed that his inclusion had actully leaked ahead of his formal public reveal at PAX.

“You know we’re working with Santa Monica Studios to create Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale and Raiden is in there, but there are some things we’re quite not satisfied with. We are looking forward to working with Santa Monica and creating like a really cool game with them and having a big announcement here at PAX. Unfortunately, there were a couple leaks leading up to the show and so we were a little dismayed at that unfortunately.”

As for Inabu-san, he weighed in by saying that he isn’t particularly with Battle Royale for reasons he wasn’t willing to go in to.

“On the Platinum side, there are a few things we are not too thrilled about with Battle Royale as well but the reasons are different. So we hold that for later.”

Anyone who wants Snake out definitely needs a "No Fun Allowed" sign outside their house. He's already been in Brawl the damage is done. Not to mention he has more Nintendo Significance than Ice Climbers and Rob if they want to pull the how many games he has.
My personal opinion is always that I want the developer to follow his/her passion. If Sakurai is excited to put Snake in, then I want him to do that, because it will end up good for me in the end. Developers who follow their passion create beautiful things. Developers that follow the needs of others churn out crap.

Mondy

Banned
Yeah....Including playable fighters that have never actually appeared on a Nintendo platform is sort of jumping the shark at this point.

Top Bottom