• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Unintentional Smash Bros 4 Leak? Reuben saying he played Raiden in Smash Bros

DaBoss

It was just confusion.
Just like that, the rumor has been squashed. Our good friend Ishaan Sahdev over at Siliconera spoke to Reuben Langdon via email. Turns our Mr. Langdon was actually getting Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale confused with Smash Bros.. This direct quote comes to us via Sahdev.

"Oh, the all-stars battle Royale was the one I was in. Lol! Yep. Totally got them confused." - Reuben Langdon

That's quite a big mistake to make, but at least we have it all cleared up now! Also worth noting, Langdon was actually talking about mo-cap work and not voice work.
http://www.gonintendo.com/s/225510-raiden-not-appearing-in-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds
-------------------------------
EDIT2: He explicitly says played and not voiced, so it could be just confusion.
It's possibly worth mentioning that Reuben Langdon is primarily a stuntman and motion capture actor, so that may be what me means when he says he "played" Raiden. I don't think Smash Bros. uses any motion capture, though... maybe in one of those CG trailers they've been making?

-------------------------------
From the Smas Bros 4 Discussion Thread:
Why is Reuben Langdon saying he voiced Raiden in Super Smash Bros (right at the bottom of the page near the Raiden pic)? I can't remember Raiden being in Brawl?
The part of the article in question:
Is there a game franchise you'd particularly like to appear in?

Let me think about that. Well the Metal Gear series is always coming in and out of my ‘field’. We have put bids out on it a couple of times. Raiden was always a character that I had wanted to play. I did end up playing him on Super Smash Bros; so I did end up playing him eventually. NOT to the extent that he is in the other games.

Now the first thing that comes to mind is PSABR, but...
"Raiden was always a character that I had wanted to play. I did end up playing him on Super Smash Bros; so I did end up playing him eventually."

I would assume he meant PS All-Stars.

Edit: Or maybe not. I only see him as the voice actor for Ken in SF4 & Dante from DMC. Nobody has him listed for PS All-Stars. Perhaps he's a new assist trophy, should Snake return....or maybe appears in codec conversations, which would be awesome if those happened to return along with Snake.
Yeah Quinton Flynn plays him in PASBR, so I don't get what the heck Reuben is talking about. I hope this means Snake is in Smash 4.
And what about Gray Fox in Brawl?
Did a voice actor just leak something big here?

Who voiced gray fox in brawl?

Edit: Rob Paulsen did, and Raiden did not appear at all in Brawl I'd call this an honest to good leak
So yea, is this an actual Smash Bros leak? And he probably will be an Assist Trophy if he is in, so don't take this as a confirmation of him being playable.

Worth mentioning that Raiden has never appeared in a game on a Nintendo console, unless you count the lookalike in Snake Eater on 3DS, so he probably won't be playable.

Wouldn't be surprised if he showed up for a codec or something - I fully expect Snake to return but I really doubt Raiden would be playable too.

edit: oh didn't even notice it wasn't Quinton Flynn saying this. wtf?

Metal B

From the other thread:

"Raiden was always a character that I had wanted to play (acting). I did end up playing (actual playing the game) him on Super Smash Bros (he confuses the game with PSABR); so I did end up playing (acting) him eventually."

He played the new Raiden in PSABR, before he became his voice-actor in his game. The Cyborg Raiden was the first time playable in PSABR and he wasn't the voice-actor in this game.

MisterHero

David Hayter or no sale

then Rob Paulsen and Cam Clarke as Gray Fox Raphael and Master Miller Leonardo respectively

Almost certain he got the game confused for PSASBR.

From the other thread:

"Raiden was always a character that I had wanted to play (acting). I did end up playing (actual playing the game) him on Super Smash Bros (he confuses the game with PSABR); so I did end up playing (acting) him eventually."

He played the new Raiden in PSABR, before he became his voice-actor in his game. The Cyborg Raiden was the first time playable in PSABR and he wasn't the voice-actor in this game.

Read the op, the guy who voiced raiden in psabr was quinton flynn not the guy saying he voiced raiden in smash bros

Phazon

Incoming Metal Gear Rising U annoucement

Metal Gear Rising 2 funded by Nintendo and developed by Plaltinum Games. Gaf mad again :p

It's a weird situation however. Raiden doesn't make a lot of sense to be featured in Smash Bros. if this is true.

Radec

pokemon-mashups-raiden.jpg

DaBoss

From the other thread:

I'll put this in the OP as well.
Read the op, the guy who voiced raiden in psabr was quinton flynn not the guy saying he voiced raiden in smash bros
He is saying he got to play as Raiden in the game. As in fighting other characters in PSABR as Raiden and then was Raiden's VA in MGR.

EDIT: Wait, I misinterpreted the post. I'm not even sure what the post is saying. And I don't think he voiced him in MGR.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Isn't Quinton Flynn Raiden's voice actor?
Yup, he's voiced Raiden in pretty much every game he's appeared in, including PS All-Stars.

The part about "We have put bids out on it a couple of times" sounds as though he attempted to get a VA role in MGS for a while, but didn't, but then he got the chance to play as Raiden & it's for SSB4. I'm pretty sure it won't be playable status, but at the very least, he'll appear during codec conversations (which I sure hope return, those were fun listening to).

mindsale

I don't expect Snake's return (Would Keifer voice him now? Would his aesthetic change to reflect his current non-Nintendo incarnation?), and because Raiden recently headlined a non-Nintendo game (MGSR) as well as his appearance in a competing franchise, however dormant (PSABR), I don't expect his inclusion either.

Camjo-Z

If he is mixing it up with PSAS, he could be talking about doing voices for a beta version. I recall early videos of the game featuring a PaRappa voice that wasn't Dred Foxx's, so maybe they used him as a placeholder until they could get Quinton Flynn as well.

lupinko

When did Rob Paulsen voice Gray Fox, was it in Twin Snakes?

If so then I met both Snake(Hayter) and Gray Fox, tho I got Yakko Warner to sing me happy birthday instead.

Alienous

Did he do recordings as a test for PSABR that eventually got replaced?

"Hey, what game is that? Looks like Smash Brothers."

"Yeah, we're working on the audio now. You can help us out, we need a voice for Raiden"

"Awesome"

-

"Thanks Reuben"

"No problem, I always wanted to voice Raiden in a game"

"Wait, it was just audio for a sync te-"

"The game looks really cool. Give me a call if Dante gets in"

"..."

If he's an assist trophy or codec it'd only be one or two lines so they might not have bothered to get Quinton Flynn. It checks out.

Top Bottom