• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Unintentional Smash Bros 4 Leak? Reuben saying he played Raiden in Smash Bros

R0ckman

While I don't care if Snake comes back he confirms a possibility I don't like. I'd rather Sakurai not waste time bringing back every vet and spend time making new characters. People can play as cut characters in previous installments. It gives you a reason to go back.

Jawmuncher

My personal opinion is always that I want the developer to follow his/her passion. If Sakurai is excited to put Snake in, then I want him to do that, because it will end up good for me in the end. Developers who follow their passion create beautiful things. Developers that follow the needs of others churn out crap.

I can agree to this. This has always been one of Sakurai's biggest attributes.

WE RULES OF NATURE NOW?!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THIS IS WHAT NATURE PLANNED...!

I've finally found what IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII WAS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKING FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR.

Uh, what? I don't think that has any bearing on the probability here.

In regards to him being playable, it actually does. Sakurai's minimum requirements for third-parties includes appearing on a Nintendo console beforehand.

He'll be announced alongside with Halo from the Halo series

300ccadb_05-The-Rock.gif

Sadist

I still don't expect Snake to return, but if he does that would be cool.

Snake blended in quite nicely. His codec conversations were hilarious.

bomma_man

Were Raiden's limited voice clips in Ground Zeroes just reused or did they have someone come in to record the one or two words he says?

I'm p sure that voice actors have clauses in their contracts to prevent them doing this. Otherwise Mel Blanc would've out of a job after one roadrunner carton.

Jazz-ism

Banned
While I don't care if Snake comes back he confirms a possibility I don't like. I'd rather Sakurai not waste time bringing back every vet and spend time making new characters. People can play as cut characters in previous installments. It gives you a reason to go back.

this is probably one of the most "casual" things i have ever read

Korosenai

I take it as im saying he played as Raiden in a game, meaning controlled, and confused PS All Stars (since Raiden is in that game) for Smash Bros because he probably hasn't played it in a while.

Piers

Assumed Megaman & Sonic were it for SSB4's third-party duo. Sakurai's not exactly a fan of including non-Nintendo characters, but there's always a possibility.

The whole thing brings to mind the Star Fox's Crystal fiasco, though. :p

Could be a codec call. I honestly do not see Raiden as fitting with the other characters. Snake at least could match say Samus and Capt. Falcon. So this may mean a leak that Snake is returning?

It's possibly worth mentioning that Reuben Langdon is primarily a stuntman and motion capture actor, so that may be what me means when he says he "played" Raiden. I don't think Smash Bros. uses any motion capture, though... maybe in one of those CG trailers they've been making?

Servbot24

Banned

I would rather just have a definitive Smash Bros game. I don't want to go back to inferior versions.

I do hope that there are lots of new characters though, I want to feel like there is a lot to explore when I buy a new game. I'm fine with them doing DLC to add in veteran characters if they legitimately don't have time during normal development.

Sponge

Banned
I'd say he confused Smash for PSABR but Flynn voiced Raiden in that game, not Langdon.

I'm thinking Snake is back and Raiden might be an assist.

If we get fucking raiden as playable before other Nintendo series that need reps that would suck. Metroid needs a second one, theres k rool, dixie. Lets not forget advance wars, golden sun or custom robo.

DVCY201

You sure he didn't mean motion capture? Reuben does a lot of it, such as Chris Redfield in RE5, so that may be it.

Wow, it would be amazing if this was true! But why not use Quinton Flynn? I want this to be true! I love Raiden! And Snake! But only time will tell.

It's possibly worth mentioning that Reuben Langdon is primarily a stuntman and motion capture actor, so that may be what me means when he says he "played" Raiden. I don't think Smash Bros. uses any motion capture, though... maybe in one of those CG trailers they've been making?

This is a really good point.

mclem

Yeah....Including playable fighters that have never actually appeared on a Nintendo platform is sort of jumping the shark at this point.

In regards to him being playable, it actually does. Sakurai's minimum requirements for third-parties includes appearing on a Nintendo console beforehand.

Condition for 3 party character include appearing in a game on Nintendo platform.

That would be dumb. He's never been on a Nintendo console.

Don't get me wrong, I recognise that it's tenuous as hell, but:

MwAPZFU.gif

Lol I honestly don't know why Nintendo lets Konami put their characters in Smash when MGS games rarely even come to Nintendo platforms. Maybe if MGSV was coming for WiiU but it isn't.

Silver from the Sonic franchise had a cameo in Brawl, as a trophy and background character in Green Hill Zone - despite never appearing on a Nintendo console prior.

Raiden as an Assist Trophy (replacement for Gray Fox?) or as a codec call would not be unreasonable.

Jawmuncher

Don't get me wrong, I recognise that it's tenuous as hell, but:

MwAPZFU.gif

WOAH I never knew that was in Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel.
Man that game doesn't get enough credit among nintendo fans wanting to kick out snake from Smash. As an alternate reality sequel to Metal Gear 2 it's pretty damn good.

Silver from the Sonic franchise had a cameo in Brawl, as a trophy and background character in Green Hill Zone - despite never appearing on a Nintendo console prior.

Well, Silver was playable in the party mode in Sonic and the Secret Rings, but... I think that's it?

Also, that Ghost Babel bit is really interesting, I never noticed that.

I can't really see Reuben Langdon voicing Raiden, though. Too used to Quinton Flynn... Not knocking Reuben's VA skills but still.

Top Bottom