• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[RUMOR] Unintentional Smash Bros 4 Leak? Reuben saying he played Raiden in Smash Bros

mclem

Man that game doesn't get enough credit among nintendo fans wanting to kick out snake from Smash. As an alternate reality sequel to Metal Gear 2 it's pretty damn good.

Yeah, Ghost Babel / Metal Gear Solid GBC is hugely underrated, it's a completely serviceable Metal Gear title, with a ton of content (main quest, VR missions, plus remixed versions of the main quest unlocked after completion). It's a bit weird the way it's structured into discrete levels, but it works well enough.

Ah. Seems like a reach imo. I wouldn't call that "appearing" on a Nintendo console exactly, though, I have no problem with Raiden being in Smash in some form.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I accept that it's tenuous at best, but it's enough of a loophole to work with if they *wanted* to make it happen without breaching that 'core principle'.

DaBoss

It's possibly worth mentioning that Reuben Langdon is primarily a stuntman and motion capture actor, so that may be what me means when he says he "played" Raiden. I don't think Smash Bros. uses any motion capture, though... maybe in one of those CG trailers they've been making?
Ahh, good point. I'll put that in the OP.
That is from 2012.

Well, Silver was playable in the party mode in Sonic and the Secret Rings, but... I think that's it?
So he was, I did not know that.
Maybe a better comparison would be the Gekko in the Shadow Moses stage. Despite Brawl technically being released a few months before MGS4, the latter is its debut game. Brawl actually teased quite a bit of MGS4, even though it was an important exclusive game for the PS3. Raiden appearing is not much different.

So he was, I did not know that.
Maybe a better comparison would be the Gekko in the Shadow Moses stage. Despite Brawl technically being released a few months before MGS4, the latter is its debut game. Brawl actually teased quite a bit of MGS4, even though it was an important exclusive game for the PS3. Raiden appearing is not much different.

It's still infuriatingly obscure though. Having the MGS4 track was weird enough, but a whole character? I think Sakurai has slightly higher standards, well I would hope so at least!

DaBoss

So here's where the confusion began. We assumed he was talking about voice acting in the Smash thread. It is very much possible he was responsible for the mocap for Raiden in PSABR and confused it with Smash.

So in other words, it is all a misunderstanding most likely.

Hatchtag

Banned
Perhaps Snake will be revealed in an upcoming direct, with Raiden being in the CGI trailer they show? That'd be my guess, unless this is all confusion.

co1onel

So here's where the confusion began. We assumed he was talking about voice acting in the Smash thread. It is very much possible he was responsible for the mocap for Raiden in PSABR and confused it with Smash.

Thank goodness. After PSASBR I can't trust Konami with anything.

Alienous

Ugh, fucking duh.

I forgot he did that too. But didn't the Rising team share actual animations and assets with Superbot?

Is he listed as the mocap actor in psabr?

Linkhero1

This is the second thing I thought of after him not voicing Raiden in PSABR

Hatchtag

Banned
Watching the credits for PSASBR now.
He's not in the Konami or Platinum Games credit sections.
Lists Quinton Flynn as the voice of Raiden.
I don't see any Motion Capture actors even listed.

DaBoss

Ugh, fucking duh.

I forgot he did that too. But didn't the Rising team share actual animations and assets with Superbot?
Could be possible. He didn't play as Raiden for MGR. They had Junya Iwamoto for mocap.
Is he listed as the mocap actor in psabr?
I would look through the credits, but PSABR's credits.....................it is way too long lol.
Watching the credits for PSASBR now.
He's not in the Konami or Platinum Games credit sections.
Lists Quinton Flynn as the voice of Raiden.
I don't see any Motion Capture actors even listed.
You looked through the whole thing? I'm talking about 30 min of freaking credits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQpNM67aFCc

But I did see the Metal Gear section and his name didn't show up.

Nibel

Please let there be some Kojima magic in Smash Bros.

SNUAAAAAAAAAAAKE

handshake9ahs.gif

ibrZajr5Iw6akC.gif

ibulykKlyRnk2.gif

Hatchtag

Banned
Could be possible. He didn't play as Raiden for MGR. They had Junya Iwamoto for mocap.

I would look through the credits, but PSABR's credits.....................it is way too long lol.

You looked through the whole thing? I'm talking about 30 min of freaking credits: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQpNM67aFCc

But I did see the Metal Gear section and his name didn't show up.

I skimmed it heavily. There's a motion capture section, but no actors are ever listed. I watched the whole motion capture section anyways though, and his name didn't come up.

Ricky 7

Ahh, good point. I'll put that in the OP.

That is from 2012.

Didn't notice that, it's from Reuben's official site. You'd think he'd keep it up to date. XP

Well PASBR did come out in 2012 as well so I don't know. ( ? _ ? ) Maybe it really is all a misunderstanding and he did do motion capture for Raiden in PASBR.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I really hope that Snake doesn't return for Smash Bros 4, especially when the Wii U didn't get Ground Zero (though that might be a good thing) or getting Phantom Pain so what's the point?

Plus Sonic and Mega Man feel more Nintendo than Snake if that makes any sense.

Incoming Metal Gear Rising U annoucement

I would kill for that.

Metal Gear Rising 2 funded by Nintendo and developed by Plaltinum Games. Gaf mad again :p

I would also kill for that too.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Who the fuck cares about Snake not feeling as Nintendo (whatever that means) as Mega Man or Sonic, his play style is unique enough that that alone should merit his return.

Azure J

WE RULES OF NATURE NOW?!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH THIS IS WHAT NATURE PLANNED...!

NOTHING VENTURED NOTHING GAAAAAAAAINED

While I don't care if Snake comes back he confirms a possibility I don't like. I'd rather Sakurai not waste time bringing back every vet and spend time making new characters. People can play as cut characters in previous installments. It gives you a reason to go back.

...this line of thinking makes zero sense given that it probably takes less time to establish a vet (due to preliminary animations and design being done already) and thus retain an audience/player base of said vet than it does to make a wholly original new character. Not that I'm advocating that we should get fewer brand new characters, but seriously. Seriously.

Wat.

Jawmuncher

Who the fuck cares about Snake not feeling as Nintendo (whatever that means) as Mega Man or Sonic, his play style is unique enough that that alone should merit his return.

Thats been my main argument going forward at this point. Snake is my favorite character in smash and while a good part of that is because he's one of my favorite gaming characters ever. His moveset is just great in smash. Highly unique and just great all around once you master it. I take pride that out of my friends im the only one who can use him at his upper potential.

Neol

Didn't Sakurai say don't expect any MAJOR character reveals after the debut trailer with Megaman?

Its the same feeling we have with Snake, it would be the best thing but its unlikely.

Didn't Sakurai say don't expect any MAJOR character reveals after the debut trailer with Megaman?
If he did, then revealing Rosalina and Little Mac after that kinda flies in the face of that, surely. (Well, they're major character reveals to me...)

I don't know about Raiden, but I would love to have a quick character with a sword. Link, Marth, and Ike are nice, but I want someone actually really agile.

This would make no sense if it was true. All the games with Raiden have never been on any Nintendo consoles at all lol. At least with Snake it makes SOME sense

Top Bottom