• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Rumour) BO3 possible new game mode *spoiler*

Hip Hop

So, pretty crazy, but i'm actually thinking about maybe buying this (haven't bought a FPS since i think COD4, and that i only played for like half an hour....)

However i'm actually absolutely not interested in any Multiplayer, so what exactly can i play singleplayer here? The campaign of course, the zombi campaign if it exists.
The normal Zombi mode? Like i said i haven't played any of the old ones. And can i play the Multiplayer stuff with Bots?

Yeah, Zombies and Multiplayer you can play with bots/by yourself.

But you shouldn't be "scared" to jump in to multiplayer modes. It's really fun.

Even in Zombies, join matchmaking. You don't even have to communicate with them. It makes all the difference playing with others.

Should I get this on PC or PS4? The game ran horribly on my PC for the beta, but I have a 750ti. I'm guessing the released version will be much better optimized for PC, but still a little worried (would get through Best Buy GCU so no Steam refund)

Hip Hop

Should I get this on PC or PS4? The game ran horribly on my PC for the beta, but I have a 750ti. I'm guessing the released version will be much better optimized for PC, but still a little worried (would get through Best Buy GCU so no Steam refund)

With that GPU, you should jump for the PS4. It will run better, and the graphics will also be better.

They have made some optimizations for the final version, but I don't think your GPU will be able to handle it either way.

MercuryLS

Banned

Going off the beta, the PS4 version should be really great. Can't really go wrong with it.

Dinda

Yeah, Zombies and Multiplayer you can play with bots/by yourself.

But you shouldn't be "scared" to jump in to multiplayer modes. It's really fun. Even in Zombies, join matchmaking. You don't even have to communicate with them. It makes all the difference playing with others.

Thank you!
So i can actually play (almost) everything singleplayer? That's great, take a look at that Dice/Battlefront!
As for jumping in real multiplayer....nah:)

I'm trying to avoid story spoilers, but have any videos of the game on Realistic difficulty leaked yet? I'm really curious as to how that looks since it sounds like it'd be impossible to complete.

BokehKing

Banned
real or not I can't get over the value you get with your 60 dollars here. Not just value but the amount of people that can find fun with the game. If you have no desire to play competitive mp.....you can spend many hours with it....if no desire for coop or sp...many hours...and if you like both it is insane.
Well look what they did with black ops 1

Campaign
Multiplayer
Bots
Zombies
That Top Down twin stick shooter Dead Ops
That Text Adventure game at the main menu

They are the true meaning of over deliver

Thank you!
So i can actually play (almost) everything singleplayer? That's great, take a look at that Dice/Battlefront!
As for jumping in real multiplayer....nah:)

You'll want to jump into real multiplayer for the co-op stuff. Don't blame you for not wanting to PVP though. It's such a bore. Spawn, die, spawn, die, spawn, die, spawn, die. You can do the PVP with bots, but that gets old so incredibly fast. Fortunately it looks like they might have included enough non-PVP multiplayer this year to make it worthy of a purchase rather than a rental.

NateDog

Woah shit this sounds great. I expected myself to get Battlefront but every time more info comes out about it it sounds worse. Haven't had an FPS in years and even longer since a CoD game but this sounds great. Tempted to throw down a pre-order.

Chris1

Sounds good, don't like zombies but I'll play it for sure.

People are right, if there's one thing CoD games do right, it's give value. You get Coop mode, Single Player, Multiplayer now you're getting oop campaign, coop mode campaign among other features. The value you get for $60 is some of the best in gaming imo. Even ghosts which was an abomination got its money worth out of me with Extinction. Only thing they need to do is make map packs free, cmon Activision, follow in almost every other FPS' footsteps.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I have never bought a Call of Duty...stuff I'm hearing from this is making me want to buy a Call of Duty....

Go for it.Treyarch in particular have been my favorite for a long time (atleast after 3), and they always provide the user excellent value

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if there's actual story in this Nightmare mode, or if these are just Zombie maps based on SP.

Sez

People are right, if there's one thing CoD games do right, it's give value. You get
- Coop mode
- Single Player
- Multiplayer
- now you're getting oop campaign,
- coop mode campaign among other features.
The value you get for $60 is some of the best in gaming imo. Even ghosts which was an abomination got its money worth out of me with Extinction. Only thing they need to do is make map packs free, cmon Activision, follow in almost every other FPS' footsteps.

And some people defend Battlefront and denies it has little content. I'm a big SW fan but BOIII is way better value for my money.

SnakeEyez

So how different is this than the normal zombie mode they've been showing off with all those actors that mo-capped? I haven't played a CoD since MW1 so don't know what the usual zombie mode entails.

And some people defend Battlefront and denies it has little content. I'm a big SW fan but BOIII is way better value for my money.

Battlefront has not little content... thats the BS people spreading around because they only played the beta. They already announced a lot of stuff.

Sez

Battlefront has not little content... thats the BS people spreading around because they only played the beta. They already announced a lot of stuff.

In comparison for what BOIII gives, its little content. There is no discussion here, for the same $60 I can have single player campaign, co-op campaign, private matches, etc etc etc. Battlefront should cost $30.

dose

Can OP's actually state the game instead of using acronyms, neither title or the post mentions the game properly by name, I had no fucking idea what BO3 was.

GreatNumber

Unconfirmed Member
...damn, I haven't bought or played a Cod since Black Ops 1...I might actually get this game now.

Does anyone know if the
Der Reise remake map
is in the base game?

Tubie

I honestly believe if this was EA, they would spin off Zombies and charge $60 for that.

And they would sell tons of copies.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
On the verge of preordering. Two questions:

1) Is Combat Training the boring shit where everything is unlocked and there is no progression, or is it like Black Ops where you could level up your profile and make it worthwhile?

2) AI bot partners for Zombies. If it's you alone....

MercuryLS

Banned
And the season pass is $50...god damn it. This might be a christmas pickup for me now.
Thank's for clarification though.

Actually I think I'm wrong, it's only available with the special editions. I would get the digital deluxe version. $100 and you get everything and it's nice to not have to swap in the disc all the time, this is the type of game where easy access would be handy.

Kalentan

Actually I think I'm wrong, it's only available with the special editions. I would get the digital deluxe version. $100 and you get everything and it's nice to not have to swap in the disc all the time, this is the type of game where easy access would be handy.

Yup it's the kind of game you love to be able to just turn on and play a few matches. Thus having digital is great. Honestly, with how much I loved the beta and with how much Treyarch is delievering, $100 for the game, the season pass, and other goodies is good value IMHO.

On that note... Sometimes I hate preloading. Cause it means it's soooo close, literally on my PS4 but I can't play it... It better unlock at 12 AM EST.

kuYuri

So, pretty crazy, but i'm actually thinking about maybe buying this (haven't bought a FPS since i think COD4, and that i only played for like half an hour....)

However i'm actually absolutely not interested in any Multiplayer, so what exactly can i play singleplayer here? The campaign of course, the zombi campaign if it exists.
The normal Zombi mode? Like i said i haven't played any of the old ones. And can i play the Multiplayer stuff with Bots?

The Shadows of Evil that they revealed is the Zombies campaign they've been talking about this whole time. It still hasn't been made super clear as far as I know if the traditional wave based zombie mode is included in this game.

https://youtu.be/-nusN4tZYoo

Then there's the normal campaign that can be played co-op if you choose to. As far as I know, multiplayer with bots returns as well.

MercuryLS

Banned
Yup it's the kind of game you love to be able to just turn on and play a few matches. Thus having digital is great. Honestly, with how much I loved the beta and with how much Treyarch is delievering, $100 for the game, the season pass, and other goodies is good value IMHO.

Pretty much this. The wonderful beta sealed it for me, I really didn't care much for Ghosts and AW had a good SP but boring/annoying everything else. BO3 just looks amazing, Treyarch's done great work over the last few CODs but the 3 years on BO3 has really allowed them to go all out. I almost never pre-order games but pre-ordering the digital deluxe of this game was an easy decision given the quality and breadth of content as well as the replayability in this package.

When is the OT going up for this game? And is there a weapon list anywhere? I haven't played COD in a few years and want to educate myself on this one so I'm ready to go on Friday.

GreatNumber

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks guys, now I have one final question. Should I even bother buying this on PC. I've heard that the PC community every year has gotten smaller and smaller for cod games, and that MP is basically abandoned a month or two after release. I have an xbox one, should I just get the Digital Deluxe version on that.

The reason why I ask this is because I enjoy fps more on PC than on Console. I won't have friends on either that play this game, so no buddies for MP, or zombies. I really love a good MP experience though, and Blops3 seems to bring that.

Long story short. Should I buy it on console to be guaranteed matches for MP, or should I buy it on PC because I enjoy the feel of a PC fps more than a console fps?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
On the verge of preordering. Two questions:

1) Is Combat Training the boring shit where everything is unlocked and there is no progression, or is it like Black Ops where you could level up your profile and make it worthwhile?

2) AI bot partners for Zombies. If it's you alone....

Well found a video to answer both of my questions. As always Combat Training has everything unlocked from the beginning. There's no sense of progression, and no XP like Black Ops 2. T_T

And Zombies is you alone again. IE it's unplayable for people who prefer to play offline.

Goddamnit. It was too good to be true. Good thing I waited to catch a vid. I know CoD is mostly for online players and all, but I really wish Treyarch would throw us a bone like they did in the fist Black Ops.

Nokterian

Thanks guys, now I have one final question. Should I even bother buying this on PC. I've heard that the PC community every year has gotten smaller and smaller for cod games, and that MP is basically abandoned a month or two after release. I have an xbox one, should I just get the Digital Deluxe version on that.

The reason why I ask this is because I enjoy fps more on PC than on Console. I won't have friends on either that play this game, so no buddies for MP, or zombies. I really love a good MP experience though, and Blops3 seems to bring that.

Long story short. Should I buy it on console to be guaranteed matches for MP, or should I buy it on PC because I enjoy the feel of a PC fps more than a console fps?

There PC ports are very solid and the community is pretty healthy for Black Ops 2 around 6000 people playing daily when blops 3 is coming out it will go over 40k players but as time passes more and more will stop playing it happens every time.

I will get the PC version later on but for now i will go with PS4 first.

Top Bottom