• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilkyJoe

There is no way they would put "world's best selling console" on the box.

$_86.JPG

And only 300 quid? It would be up for at least a grand.

Venom Fox

Banned
The MG community sure can't let go. Which is sometimes a good thing ;D
Haha I miss that community feeling. You guys made me join NeoGaf! Without you guys I probably wouldn't be here. I was going through tough times and you guys seen me through. Oh and did you here about Dr Sergio? He's in the last stages of prep for his head transplant!

So do you guys think the Neo comes out this year? Or is this what they are going to announce in early Sept?

They're not holding a conference to announce a slim version of the PS4. That doesn't mean that it won't be there, but that's not why they're holding this conference.

So do you guys think the Neo comes out this year? Or is this what they are going to announce in early Sept?

Doubt they are going to hold an event for just a redesigned PS4 with potentially no upgrade benefits besides smaller everything.

I think more hardware will be announced and will have some VR talk. Strange , feel like they will be sorta doing a MS, announcing multiple hardware units at a dedicated event.

NX leak burned ya'll good huh?

This is real. It's a cut-price, cookie-cutter revision to sell to masses at a cheap price and with cheap production values for more profit. People who are claiming it is ugly and that there is no reason to buy one are missing the point entirely. Sony doesn't want current PS4 owners to buy this. They want them to buy a Neo.

This model are for those people who consider the Apple TV enough games console for them. It's the exact opposite of what Microsoft is trying to do, which is win back the hardcore they lost to PS4.

Anyone who doesn't see the potential to sell this especially with PSVR is a moron. Simple.

This is the beginning of Sony's attempt to regain the PlayStation casual market. The Neo is for the hardcore.

Yeah I'm guessing this is going to come in at no more than $250 with a message that goes something like this: "Don't have 4k? This is the cheapest current gen console you can get. You do have 4k? Then you probably want the best thing out there. Get the Neo which is the most powerful console on the market"

299 will be a great price point for them with some big games coming out this holiday. Will fly off the shelves. Lol at people who think Neo will sell more than this. I'm mostly interested if it can revitalize PS4 sales in Japan a little bit.

250 ain't happening.

As for it being ugly, I think it looks ok. Then again I don't think there are any consoles I consider to look very classy apart from maybe original Wii with a stand and PS2/slim.

Wiped89

I'm saying definitely REAL. Way too much detail on these to be fake.

Shame, because I really don't like the design. RIP shiny side.

Very unattractive but it's probably super real. The fake NX controller gives me pause, but that's a lot of goddamn evidence.

All I can say is I hope the Neo looks better.

Boke1879

299 will be a great price point for them with some big games coming out this holiday. Will fly off the shelves. Lol at people who think Neo will sell more than this. I'm mostly interested if it can revitalize PS4 sales in Japan a little bit.

250 ain't happening.

Yea $250 is just my personal wish because they would clean the fuck up. But yea at $299 with all the holiday games this year it's going to clean house regardless.

JP

I'm assuming that the £300 asking price will be including a decent markup from the final RRP? I know you can get PS4s new for closer to £250 that £300 now so I'm wondering what the launch price of this will be.

Yurikerr

This post isn't by me, it's by a guy with the same username as me.

gamz

250 ain't happening.

It's gotta be 250. For 299 you can get a Xbox One S with a 4K player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom