• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[Rumour] Watchdogs and Tetris ultimate for PlayStation Plus May 2016

Toki767

At this point I'd be willing to bet that retail games on PS+ are just for promotional reasons

Injustice was the last big one and that was a few months before MKX came out.

Actually, I'm pretty sure Injustice was done because Sony wanted people to resub to PS+ a year after the PS4 launched.

Maxim726X

Someone on this thread said its been patched and runs fine. Even if Tetris still ran like trash it's still gotta be better than Watch Dogs.

Word.

Even a fucked up Tetris is still one of the best games ever made.

Is Tetris Cross Buy? Would love to have a (hopefully competent) version on my Vita.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
At this point I'd be willing to bet that retail games on PS+ are just for promotional reasons

Injustice was the last big one and that was a few months before MKX came out.

IIRC Ubisoft has done this with AC games in the past as well.

Anyone on the fence about trying watch dogs I suggest you hold out a bit longer. Free is still kinda pricey for this game.

What? Game is actually pretty awesome all round except for terrible soundtrack and meh main guy motivations .

Gta has it beat in world / details / story but it still does some good things with hacking , stealth , onfoot controls , interactive world etc

Actually, I'm pretty sure Injustice was done because Sony wanted people to resub to PS+ a year after the PS4 launched.
That's possible too, as the Infamous standlone DLC was the month after.

I'm honestly shocked that Killzone multiplayer never made it to Plus. Guerrilla supported it so well, with the insanely small player counts. I liked the multiplayer but dropped it after several months. Sold it, but would've dabbled in it again with a fresh batch of PS+ players

Great stuff. Keep it coming.

Own Watch_dogs on disk, but wont say no to a digital copy.

Ignore the people who say its bad. Its a very servicable game. Not amazing but not bad by any means. Wouldnt surprise me at all if the same people that hate Watch_dogs, hate Saints row after 2.

Shame tetris is borked. How bad is it?

El_Cinefilo

I bought and finished Watch Dogs when it was released, I thought it was disappointing but still decent. I traded it in without cleaning up all the extra stuff though so if my save from the physical copy is still around and works I'll probably jump back in.

Daffy Duck

Watch_Dogs is a good game, don't understand the hate it gets.

Yes Aiden is a total arse hole, but that doesn't make the game bad.

I really liked watch dogs when I played it at launch so I'm happy some people who may have dismissed it or just missed it have a chance to try it out.

The story and characters are absolutely terrible though

I'm going to try WD but I don't know what to think about PS+ any more. Having games included is nice but I download games I want to try because they are in the PS+ program and wouldn't have bought anyway. And after seeing the huge profits Sony makes with PS+ I'd rather not have paying online and no "free" games.

The thing is that if I cut PS+ I can't play a lot of games which are requiring online even if it's not justified imo :(

I hate it when the success of a thing makes the companies believe they are going in the right direction.
Nintendo focusing on casuals instead of gamers: too late they're on mobile (and they are starting to be bored with mobile too)
Microsoft focusing on TV/Multimedia instead of games: glad they changed their stance but it cost them a lot of sales
Sony focusing on hardware instead of games: since PS4 is selling a lot why not trying to sell systems with PS+ subs. It's enough to win a lot of money.

Oh and Tetris lol
No thanks I have the best Tetris version ever (Tetris DS)

Hmm I can't read: what amazing titles do we get for Vita? I truthfully can't thinknof any retail titles I don't own but hopefully it's one of those.

Rival

Gold Member
What? Game is actually pretty awesome all round except for terrible soundtrack and meh main guy motivations .

Gta has it beat in world / details / story but it still does some good things with hacking , stealth , onfoot controls , interactive world etc

I'll agree to disagree with you. I swear I played a different game than the people who liked it. I don't think I've ever seen a game so frequently described as being "good" with the exception of blank, blank, and blank being "terrible"

Tagyhag

Tetris Ultimate is a shit performing game.

Played the superior version of Watch Dogs on PC and was still left underwhelmed.

Well, here's to June!

Watch Dogs is a lot better than many here would let you know. If you haven't played it then don't automatically dismiss it because of the mass negativity surrounding it on Neogaf.

SpecX

Hope this turns out to be true. I've been wanting to pick up WD for some time now and if they're going to give it out for free, then hell count me in. I see all the negativity around here and was steered away from Sleeping Dog at first only to enjoy the hell out of it, so I'm hoping for a repeat of that.

sjay1994

Man, watch dogs is completely fine.

Shit protagonist, but it plays fine.

People on gaf who like to say "it's a bad game" only do so because the game didn't live up to their next gen expectations/ the downgrade / ubias.

I had a better time with watch dogs than GTA V. At least this game for the most part doesn't control like a wet sponge.

I'll agree to disagree with you. I swear I played a different game than the people who liked it. I don't think I've ever seen a game so frequently described as being "good" with the exception of blank, blank, and blank being "terrible"

Fair enough mate , not everyone likes the same stuff :) personally I loved the world itself and the hacking into people's lives etc , and found it more interesting then gta 5 In alot of ways.

Hope this turns out to be true. I've been wanting to pick up WD for some time now and if they're going to give it out for free, then hell count me in. I see all the negativity around here and was steered away from Sleeping Dog at first only to enjoy the hell out of it, so I'm hoping for a repeat of that.

But Sleeping Dogs is the best GTA game, WD is not.

Lady Gaia

Yep, it's really not a bad game. It's just one of those games that is cool to hate on GAF.

It's the only game I've sold back to GameStop in the last two generations, and I did so within 24 hours. I'm glad some people enjoyed it but it was most definitely not for me. It came across as a very weak GTA clone that somehow managed to have an even less likable protagonist.

Jay Seven

Banned
One of the worst versions of tetris i've played by the way.

Seriously. You can't even play online 2 player with a friend.
Even forgetting the bugs and performance issues, it has some of the worst game modes of any recent Tetris. And on top of that it's sterile as you get. Sure it's Tetris but just look at Nintendos Tetris games or the recent Puyo Puyo Tetris to see games with style.

Menitta

better?
2437007_1.jpg

I don't even think that's the icon used on the PS4 menu.

Top Bottom