• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

RuPaul's Drag Race Season 7 |OT| Did you not or did you not come for me today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

royalan

SHIT

I just realized that, thanks to this damn leak, I can't even go on the Drag Race tag on Tumblr now. Not until the show airs.

FUCK.

Gradon

Hey guys I was just wondering how one outside of the US of A would be able to watch Season 7 this year? I watched all seasons on Netflix bar Season 6 which was all over TV sites and what not on the internet. Is there a site that uploads all episodes after they air?

I don't really have a bonafide horse in this race at the moment (I guess if I had to choose it would be Miss Fame due to her aesthetic skills) and I also haven't watched the leaked first episode yet, but I really hope Violet doesn't disappoint me.
I've been following her instagram for a short while now, and going by what I've seen she's great with her makeup/outfits and she really feels her gig (This video is so fabulous and cute. Plus, I love her proportions and outfit)
Plus, she dressed up as HIM and any queen that knows who "His Infernal Majesty" is gets a star in my book.
:p

Hey guys I was just wondering how one outside of the US of A would be able to watch Season 7 this year? I watched all seasons on Netflix bar Season 6 which was all over TV sites and what not on the internet. Is there a site that uploads all episodes after they air?

reddit.com/r/rupaulsdragrace

The biggest fan community and they usually provide uploads about an hour after the episodes air. It's how I watched last season tbh

I don't know if you have access to logotv.com outside the US or not though. I assume you've tried it, but that's where the episodes officially get uploaded.

alternade

God I love this show. Just give me an hour of Untucked every week. The draggings, the shade, this is masterclass for reading your enemies to filth.

mantidor

I liked Katya more than I expected.

The there is Max and Violet, I hope they go far.

I don't get Trixie and I feel I never will.

And I really, really hope the little back story of Tempest doesn't mean she is the one out first, I feel she can offer way more than the other queens. Maybe they heard the criticism about editing and are going to throw us also for a surprise, hopefully.

kirblar

Nah, I think Tempest is top. Jasmine's going to be out first- her bare midriff is a real problem because she has a male 8-pack being shown off, and she did it twice.

mantidor

Nah, I think Tempest is top. Jasmine's going to be out first- her bare midriff is a real problem because she has a male 8-pack being shown off, and she did it twice.

If they are changing the dynamics of editing I'm thrilled, it became way too freaking obvious in past seasons who was going to be out by mid episode without even seeing the final challenge.

kirblar

Ah, so ep1 (elimination) spoilers
That's Alaska doing a hidden cameo on the fashion walk. And turns out I was dead wrong about who would end up going home.

Ep2 has actually leaked as well via Amazon.

Monocle

Liking this group a lot more than I thought I would based on Meet the Queens. Katya's Russian accent is hot.

Also, Pearl out of drag is my new TV boyfriend until Ryan Kelley is back on air.

Edit: Holy shit, Alaska and Mathu are both guesting in the premiere episode? I've become such a huge fan of them both over the last year. Awesome way to start the season.

Hmm, just cameos really. Oh well.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
wait what
where is the episode available?

kirblar

Reddit found it on Amazon's season pass.

If/When they do All-Stars 2 Alaska has to be the odds-on fave to win.

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
Why are there discussions over Ep 1 and 2. And talks about official premiers, when it's airing tomorrow? Is everyone referring to the sneak peak?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
I'm not seeing anything. People on the reddit are talking about a season pass that gives them access, but I'm not even seeing that. I wanna buy!

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
want a season pass but I dont think the UK does it :(

Vitanimus

kinda surprised (episode 2 spoilers)
miss fame was in bottom 3 so soon.
I wonder what kind of edit she'll get.

Violet is serving tyra with great looks and a shitty attitude. I live.

This was a pretty fun and fabulous first episode, it was much more entertaining and well put together than that weird split thing they did last season.
I enjoyed the mini-challenge a lot more than the main challenge though, just because I felt a lot of the looks were stronger and bolder (I love how Violet and Miss Fame are hitting it out of the goddamn park from the get go, they seriously lived up to the expectations their instagram profiles set up for me). Plus we got more than one look out of it, but...I will give a point to the main challenge for featuring a naked Violet Chachki in nothing but high heels and jewelry .

Anyways...
Speaking of Violet, I appreciate having a young pretty/fishy well-put-together bitchy queen who's actually fierce and charming; it's pretty great, and I sincerely hope she can keep it up.
Miss Fame looked really gorgeous (as usual), but she didn't do anything all that noteworthy from a personality perspective, hopefully she'll amp up as the season goes on and won't succumb to a "Courtney edit".
My other stand outs so far have to be Katya, Trixie (I'm starting to gain an appreciation of her makeup style, and she actually seems really chill so far), and Max.

Monocle

Digging Max much, much more than I did based on Meet the Queens. I thought she was going to embody obnoxious camp, and while there's still an element of that in her character, the looks she's pulling out are chic as hell. That platinum hair is really doing it for me. I hope she goes far.

If Miss Fame can avoid an early elimination from a bullshit challenge or something she will obviously murder the runway mid to late season. That very first runway challenge? Polish off the charts.

Violet was also impressive in that runway challenge, but she's kind of grating out of drag. I'm worried she'll be another April Carrion. Great potential cut short.

Pearl out of drag tho.
Right?

Ginger's glamor toad comment gave me so much life. Both her and Pearl seemed kind of dull to me in their meet the queens videos, but I'm liking them a lot now. Jasmine Masters surprised me, too, her good attitude is really infectious. All my other faves (Katya, Mrs. Kasha Davis, Max from his cover video) I still like. Kandy Ho' can leave.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Hnnnnng
tumblr_nkm2ndE9Eb1uo0h8qo1_1280.jpg

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
The kids on Tumblr and the subreddit are eating up Max. She doesn't look bad, actually she looks polished, but that character that continues even out of drag is making me queefy. She better dial it down. Especially the accent. Ugh. Visage, rescue us pls.

Based on the first episode, sans untucked, the girls who have the "it" factor imo (beauty, charisma, blah blah) are Miss Fame, Katya and in a distant third Kennedy. Violet (?) is a close fourth.

I'm also living for Pearl's over-it bitch face. I gagged on her butch "sup" entrance.

I'm kind of into Max's Transatlantic accent, even out of drag. It always was a learned or affected accent, so the only real difference in him using it now is that it's an anachronism :p

Yeah Pearl is really cute out of drag...but I also think he's pretty fine in drag.
Tbqh, I'm pretty sure this isn't the case for a lot of you but most of the time I actually find it kind of hard to choose between whether or not I'm personally more attracted to their drab forms or their drag forms (I think I'm somewhat equally attracted to men and women) when it comes to ogling the more conventionally attractive queens. Many of them are so beautiful both ways; it kind of makes the show more exciting in a way.

. Jasmine Masters surprised me, too, her good attitude is really infectious.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that I actually really like her attitude as well; her ditsyness makes her a lot of fun, I hope she keeps it up. Also despite her outfits being mostly ho-hum, I was digging all of her shoes.

mantidor

well boo effing boo.

I should've trust my instincts, bah. I can't believe Jasmine wasn't bottom two.

I like Jasmine a lot. Her looks aren't anything, she's not winning material but I like her personality, frontrunner for Ms Congeniality based on ep1.

Miss Fame is polish, but that's all I'm getting at this point - already bored of her, she seemed like the easy call for winner, but now I've seen ep1 I kind of want her to go home before we get to the top 4. I'm much more interested by Katya (hilarious, great looks), Pearl and Violet. Loved all 3 of Violet's looks, her attitude stinks (but was entertaining) I hope it doesn't hold her back towards the end of the season because everything else is great.

Kandy Ho? Kandy No. Hate her style, hate her attitude, hate her make-up.
Sasha Belle, Kasha Davis seem kind of old fashioned, didn't get in to them at all.
Max - yes please, Milk 2.0.
Everyone else - I need to see more. Kennedy Davenport's Egyptian nude was my favourite runway look though.

cory64

I liked Pearl's looks the best, followed by Max and Violet. Fame doesn't work for me at all, I thought she'd bring it on the runway but her taste level just doesn't match her technical skills.

Matt_

pearl lawd give me strength

poor tempest, this show always getting rid of the old queens early

also are there links to untucked? I cant find it anywhere
edit; oh its moved online and not till the next day
how bizarre

double edit; y'all also need to get into cucmber and banana as I think thats being shown on Logo
amazing gay show and episode 6 is one of the best episodes of tv I have ever watched

royalan

Turning Untucked into a web series is the dumbest thing Logo has ever done, and this network has done some stupid shit.

Matt_

Not got a favourite yet, but I don't like Jasmine or Diore Fierce

Turning Untucked into a web series is the dumbest thing Logo has ever done, and this network has done some stupid shit.

It's actually a really smart move.
- Drives traffic to their channel, which actually has some great content
- Has potential to collect more viewership due to Logo's lack of audience reach, esp given Untucked's dwindling ratings
- Bypasses FCC regulations and thus can be uncensored/uncut without a need for editing

The only caveat to this is that it airs the next day, which is annoying since we're so used to having everything on Monday. But I guess it's a cute way to keep the party going over two days. I'm totally stoked for Untucked this season and I'm about to watch it myself.

Matt_

Untucked has arrived
On youtube of all things,
says the video isnt available to me so who knows

edit; oh hola got it working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom