• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Satoru Iwata Has Passed Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaDL50

Can someone fix my avatar with a ribbon please.

I think I'm going to make a special level in Mario Maker in dedication to Iwata once I get my copy.

xandaca

What horrible news to come out of absolutely nowhere. His legacy and impact on Nintendo and gaming will never be forgotten, he was clearly an extremely decent and ethical man whom I remember took a huge pay cut to protect his staff during hard times. It's hard to think of a more noble and responsible way for a CEO to act than that. As a gamer and lifelong Nintendo fan, I can't say I was always delighted with his decisions, but it was clear how much respect he had for the company and its characters and games, what a charming and charismatic presence he was on the Nintendo Directs and Iwata Asks (two fantastic and forward-thinking ideas for bringing the company closer to its fans) and what a delightful, self-deprecating sense of humour he had. He oversaw the development of some exceptional games, one of the most successful consoles of all time with the Wii, and appeared to be enjoying some success at steadying the ship following the struggles of the Wii U. His absence will be keenly felt in every Direct without him and Nintendo has undeniably lost not only one of its most loveable personalities, but a hugely important figure in the industry as well.

RIP Iwata-san.

Kirye

Holy fuck... RIP Iwata. Whoever takes your place will never be able to fill your shoes.

You brought us happiness for decades and for that we are eternally grateful.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Tragic. Fuck man I cant believe this. Rest in peace Iwata. You will always be missed.

Heartfyre

There were many instances where I chose not to download any image programs on my current hardware, but Iwata's death put me over the edge. My avatar shall remain as so until the keen edge of sadness goes away.

Could someone add the ribbon to my avatar? It's truly sad to see someone with such a legacy as Iwata go, and I would like to honor him by changing my avatar (that and going to play some Nintendo games, and looking back on all the good memories Nintendo has brought me over the years).

nimrod_3029.png

Again, it is so sad to see someone like that, who brought such joy to so many gamers, go.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
I shed a tear for Iwata and his family. What an awful fortune for a man who always seemed so good and cheerful. Life can be so unbelievably random and unfair.

Madness

Damn we lost a true gamer and champion of the industry. Whatever you felt about where he wanted to take gaming, he was always a gamer first. So sudden. Rest in Peace.

_Ryo_

I guess with all his heath problems the last few years, this might have been expected... but it's still incredibly sad. My condolences to all of his fans, and people he touched but most definitely to his friends and family.

AdanVC

Isn't the last thing we heard from Iwata about how he was sorry for E3 as well?

I think that makes it worse.

E: apparently so

like fuck let that sink in

the last we heard from him is him apologizing to us because we didn't like the digital event

Yeah this makes everything even worse right now :'( You can tell just how humble and strong Iwata was. He was probably feeling incredibly ill by the time he wrote those tweets but he just continued going forward and working during E3 week. He even tweeted and updated pic of his Mii looking skinnier... God damn I'm really saaaaaaaaaaaaaaad!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom