• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SCRAM KITTY (and his buddy on rails) finally hitting the eShop next week!

maxcriden

630x.jpg

Confirmed for NA and EU on 5/15.

Thanks to daydreaming:

We've asked Dakko Dakko for pricing details, and the studio's director Rhodri Broadbent has kindly confirmed that this will cost £8.99, €9.99 and $9.99.

This has been a long time coming!

630x.jpg

Video at the link:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...dy_on_rails_confirmed_for_release_on_15th_may

Launch Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0FGlIbkYXw&feature=youtu.be

Here's a great interview about the game:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20..._on_rails_clever_cats_and_utilising_the_wii_u

630x.jpg

Apparently ONM offered up the first review with a whopping 90%!

ONM said:
Space Invaders with its tiny horizontal train track replaced by swooping, interlocking rollercoaster lines.

ONM said:
As fun as it is tough and cute to boot, there's nothing else quite like Scram Kitty And His Buddy On Rails on Wii U, or anywhere else, for that matter.

Anyone doing an OT?

I've been looking forward to this game for a long time; it's great to finally have a release date. I am always down for more arcadey shooter action and this looks like it has a very unique hook in the rails system. I'm confident it will be a ton of fun.

Regiruler

I didn't know anyone was really excited for it. I just bought Shinobi and I'm looking forward to Shovel Knight later this month. Sorry :(

maxcriden

I didn't know anyone was really excited for it. I just bought Shinobi and I'm looking forward to Shovel Knight later this month. Sorry :(

You should be, Regiruler. I'm holding you personally responsible if this game bombs. You just bought Shinobi, you say? That's like a $5 game! You can definitely afford this. :)

maxcriden

Now if only we could get an update on The Fall, Teslagrad, Tengami, Nihilumbra, and Aban Hawkins and the 1,001 Spikes....

This poor game, I thought it had such GAF hype.... :(
I've only seen it mentioned by a handful of gaffers, myself included. GAF isn't the be-all end-all for a game like this. It's pre-E3 season so lack of interest in this thread isn't an indicator of how this game will perform. I'm sure it will get placed the eshop front page on launch day.

daydream

Banned
Didn't find a price in the OP:

We've asked Dakko Dakko for pricing details, and the studio's director Rhodri Broadbent has kindly confirmed that this will cost £8.99, €9.99 and $9.99.
Source

Game looks really cool, definitely getting it if impressions remain positive.

maxcriden

I've only seen it mentioned by a handful of gaffers, myself included. GAF isn't the be-all end-all for a game like this. It's pre-E3 season so lack of interest in this thread isn't an indicator of how this game will perform. I'm sure it will get placed the eshop front page on launch day.

I'm sure you're right. It's just a bit disheartening to see so many threads about Assassin's Creed and so few about games like this.... </old man yelling at cloud>

Didn't find a price in the OP:

Source

Game looks really cool, definitely getting it if impressions remain positive.

I totally missed that, thank you! That seems like a completely reasonable price for a game like this. Hopefully it will be of decent length, it seems like the type of game that would offer a great deal of replayability.

This is releasing at an inopportune time for me, I'm still working on DKCTF and I am already counting on MK8 and Shovel Knight to consume my games budget this month.

Will look into picking this up later on, maybe during a sale. I'm definitely intrigued. It has an old school mystique.

SirShandy

Looks to have a pretty unique mechanic for an arcade type shooter. I'll definitely be getting it. A lot of great indie games this month!

CLEEK

Game looks really well designed whatever the fuck it is.

The folks at Dakko Dakko aren't new to making well designed games.

The main guy Rhodri worked at Lionhead, Relentless and Q-Games. He was the director of PixelJunk Monsters, one of my all time favourite games. The art is by Gary Lucken, aka Army Of Trolls, who has done loads of pixel art for the likes of Edge.

Takao

Banned
I don't own a Wii U so I probably won't be playing this, but Dakko Dakko have put out some good games and this looks to continue that.

jholmes

I've been antsy for this to come out for months. Sorry I didn't post earlier to help get the hype train chugging. It's definitely not due to lack of interest.

XaosWolf

Finally! Great fun to play judging by the demo at EGX last year.
Was chatting with Rhodri whilst he was there too. A wonderfully passionate man. =D

Yagharek

Been day one for this since announcement.
Only thing that would stop me is if it doesn't come out in Australia.

rjc571

Banned
Floating Cloud God Saves The Pilgrims
Floating Cloud God Saves The Pilgrims HD
Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails
The 2D Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character
The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character

Something about the way this company names their games incites an irrational hatred within me

Regiruler

You should be, Regiruler. I'm holding you personally responsible if this game bombs. You just bought Shinobi, you say? That's like a $5 game! You can definitely afford this. :)

Yugioh is expensive, news at 11.

A bit off-topic, but how goes the Shovel Knight OT?

VanWinkle

Floating Cloud God Saves The Pilgrims
Floating Cloud God Saves The Pilgrims HD
Scram Kitty and his Buddy on Rails
The 2D Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character
The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character

Something about the way this company names their games incites an irrational hatred within me

Hmm same devs of those games? I really enjoyed those, so maybe I'll get this.

maxcriden

Yugioh is expensive, news at 11.

A bit off-topic, but how goes the Shovel Knight OT?

I really haven't started yet. Waiting for a firmer release date first. Any particular reason you ask? Were you looking to help? I'd be glad to have the extra help with it. :)

This looks like a fun game, didn't know about it before but now I plan on buying it.

Also I wish Teslagrad would get a release date, Shovel Knight too.

Wolfe

Wasn't aware of this game, the video has made me think it must be really fun. Surprised at how well made it looks (not really familiar with the rest of the devs works), looks great.

zroid

Banned
ok I just watched the trailer... this looks awesome

yeah seriously, I know I shouldn't judge games by their titles, but I was reluctant to check this one out for that reason, lol. I'm glad I did though.

Top Bottom