• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Scribblenauts Preview/Impressions Thread - You will say "wow." (see post #217)

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Holy fuck. God + Shotgun = Restoration in faith.

They should give this game to every church.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
FoxHimself said:
rolleyes.gif

If you think I really expected Jackson to give me concept art of Jack Bauer (my reason for doing this: look at Jackson's avatar) in Scribblenauts form then someone can't take a joke. I was mainly commenting on the cool looking robot and the fact that certain words can bypass the copyright problem (barbarian looking like Conan and so forth).

rolleyes.gif

Back on topic: That video was awesome. The time machine is even better than I thought - it apparently transports you to random times in history. Awesome! :D

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
BorkBork said:
Video added to first post. I ran out of words to say about this game a few days ago.

Scribblenauts: 1
BorkBork: 0

Ashodin

Is Spork in the game? What about Foon? :p

I need mah utensils!

What about blender? Can I drop tomatoes onto it and make tomato juice? :lol

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
FoxHimself said:
Jackson, can I have some concept art of myself please?
Obviously posted just to mock FoxHimself's rolleyes.

BorkBork said:
Video added to first post. I ran out of words to say about this game a few days ago.
I'll say some for you.

God
Shotgun
Skateboard
Cthulhu

Should be enough.

Forkball

The new video was awesome. I guess the time machine is pretty random since there wasn't the option to go to the future that time, and when he did go back in time he went to the medieval period instead of 65 million years ago.

pulga

Banned
holy shit god with a shotgun! Some religious groups are going to go apeshit over this game :lol

A question though, why did Maxwell restart the level when he went back to present day? Could post 217 be....a lie?

Jackson

pulga said:
holy shit god with a shotgun! Some religious groups are going to go apeshit over this game :lol

A question though, why did Maxwell restart the level when he went back to present day? Could post 217 be....a lie?

uh? no... of course you restart the level, we didn't bring a dino back with us because it was in medieval times. I guess we could have rode the horse back if we wanted to?

pulga

Banned
Jackson said:
uh? no... of course you restart the level, we didn't bring a dino back with us because it was in medieval times. I guess we could have rode the horse back if we wanted to?

Was wondering since the werewolf was gone and so was the night, thought maybe bringing a horse/rhino/dino would reset as well. The dino wasn't the point of my question, it was whether the changes remained even though we skipped through time. Just something I noticed.

Masklinn

Accept one saviour, get the second free.
pulga said:
Was wondering since the werewolf was gone and so was the night, thought maybe bringing a horse/rhino/dino would reset as well. The dino wasn't the point of my question, it was whether the changes remained even though we skipped through time. Just something I noticed.
The level is reinitialized I guess. If the level contains robot zombies from the start (which post 217's stage did) then the zombies are there when you come back.

Danthrax

Batteries the CRISIS!
pulga said:

NO

IMPOSSIBLE, SACRILEGE!

don't let the Greater Internets know!

Forkball said:
The new video was awesome. I guess the time machine is pretty random since there wasn't the option to go to the future that time, and when he did go back in time he went to the medieval period instead of 65 million years ago.

I also noticed that Maxwell simply has to throw the TNT in this video for it to explode, whereas in the last one he had to light it and wait a bit. I'm thinking maybe there's a way to interact with an item "simply" or "complexly".

Blizzard

Banned
Jackson said:
Thanks for the update!

I'm still curious about how many different objects are actually IN the game, including duplicates like hot air balloon and party balloon. Do you have an estimate? Like, 60,000? And along those lines, do you have an estimate for what percentage of those objects actually have such fancy interactions programmed, like the time machine?

Dacvak

b.e.r.g said:
OMG (literally)! This game is so delightfully insane!

... and who would've thought cthulhu and shotgun yielding god was equally matched, eh?

Cthulhu definitely attacked first. I think if God would come back for vengeance, he'd claim a solid victory.

Firestorm

Someone can probably do better:
33m1lc6.jpg

edit: oh shit should not have saved as jpeg colours are hideous
edit2: new:

rw3ptf.png
20rlahi.png

edit: damn these are fugly nvm :(

Blizzard

Banned
Drkirby said:
Do you have anything that looks like Kirby? Puffball? Flying Pink Monster?
I had ALREADY thought of asking about "puffball", but I didn't want to inundate him with requests. :lol If you end up getting one I'm gonna be so sad.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Blizzard said:
I had ALREADY thought of asking about "puffball", but I didn't want to inundate him with requests. :lol If you end up getting one I'm gonna be so sad.
Well, puffball would most likely make a REAL puffball, which more or less is a mushroom, but maybe Flying Pink Monster?

Blizzard

Banned
Drkirby said:
Well, puffball would most likely make a REAL puffball, which more or less is a mushroom, but maybe Flying Pink Monster?
No adjectives! Monster will generate something though, I imagine. (Side note, why would a villain become a werewolf? Lucky!)

jepense

pulga said:
It's a time machine - you apparently return to a point in time before the moon and the werewolf. (They probably drop the changes to the original level when loading "past" to save memory.)

Congrats on the GOTS! We knew you deserved it, but it's great to see a major site having a clue too. :lol

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
RagnarokX said:
Spawn a circle and glue shoes to it.
Maybe if I do the how to draw kirby intro kirby will spawn.

"First you draw a Circle, then you dot the eyes, add a great big smile, and presto, it's Kirby!"

I want a Kirby look alike ;-;

Haru

I suppose it isn't really tangible in any way, but writing "consciousness" and having the game spawn something representative (a spark?) for you to embed into any non-living item, bringing it to life, would be beyond awesome.

Also, I hope the Flying Spaghetti Monster is in the game. It could be a three-way fight between it, God and Cthulhu! :D

Top Bottom