• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sea of Thieves (XB1/PC) Gameplay Reveal - Xbox E3 2016

Chris1

Sea of Thieves looks like it has a lot of potential, but Ryan M. is not who you want to look towards for a fair and unbiased assessment of Xbox games. He really enjoyed Titanfall too.

Believe the hype. Indeed.

Gamer enjoys an amazing game. Surprise of the day.

I was hoping to see more in depth gameplay.

So like, what do you do other than sail around and blow each other up?

Are there villages to pillage? Treasure to find? etc etc

Leflus

So is it an MMO? $60? Monthly subscription?
Not an MMO. It's a "shared world adventure", so probably closer to The Division or Destiny.

It's not F2P, so probably 60$?

Nothing on a monthly subscription yet, but I seriously doubt that it will have one.

BTM

We don't know many details yet, but it is definitely more than just sailing around fighting each other.

Zyae

Sea of Thieves looks like it has a lot of potential, but Ryan M. is not who you want to look towards for a fair and unbiased assessment of Xbox games. He really enjoyed Titanfall too.

titanfall was fantastic. Great point mate

Blimblim

The Inside Track
I'll have a 60 fps pc video (off screen) coming in a few minutes. Nothing ming blowing in terms of quality or content, but that's E3 for you ;)

sangreal

Is this game not crossplay though? In the 'Play Anywhere' trailer the woman is playing Sea Of Thieves on her living room Xbox, then she switches to playing with keyboard and mouse in her office and says something like 'Hey guys, I'm back'.

yeah, it's cross-play

• Cross-play. Gamers on Xbox One and Windows 10 can now play select multiplayer games together. “Gears of War 4,” “Forza Horizon 3,” “Sea of Thieves” and “Scalebound” all support cross-play between Xbox One and Windows 10 PC, and now “Minecraft” players on iOS, Android, Windows 10 phone and Windows 10 devices can all join together in cross-device multiplayer fun.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
We added another short video, more showing what's happening (nothing) before the fight than anything else, but it's pretty :)

Revas

He got a lot right actually.

I'm excited about the potential of Sea of thieves but Rare hasn't really shown much, which is disappointing.

Lemondish

Anybody that hates on titanfall hasn't played it. Idk how you can and have negative things to say about that gameplay.

NO game is beyond reproach, let alone Titanfall. It isn't exactly the most balanced game, which severely impacts gameplay. It's longevity is hurt by a lack of content. A really solid FPS, but there are negative things to note (and hope they address in the sequel). It was not the perfect game some seem to make it out to be.

I wonder if Sea of Thieves become to Xbox fans what No Man's Sky has become to Playstation fans. It'll be that one game where the same question is asked over and over: "but what do you do?"

_Legacy_

So did a LOT of other people, Titanfall had E3 awards by the bucketload. The thing I don't forgive Ryan for is him trying to convince people that Ryse wasn't all QT. It was a QT fest and everyone knows it.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
What the fuck? Did I watch something different from you all?

That's what I was thinking. It looks like a low budget Black Flag port for the Wii U. What is the game, ship battles? That won't be very piratical as a game, maybe there is land stuff?

Absolutely love how the water looks on this, perfect blend of realistic and cartoony. It's also late here so I watched it on mute to not wake up anyone, from the comments it seems I accidentally made the video better. :D

Granjinha

That's what I was thinking. It looks like a low budget Black Flag port for the Wii U. What is the game, ship battles? That won't be very piratical as a game, maybe there is land stuff?

Man, i can't help but think that some people are blind or some shit.

This looks miles better (visually) than AC: Black Flag.

Don't like how they made it seem like it's a just piss about with your friends game. I was hoping for more of an actual pirate experience where it's about sailing the seas, exploration and treasure and rising up in the pirate world. Pretty disappointed since I don't like these kinds of multiplayer games at all but have always wanted a proper pirate sim.

Chris1

Wait. So we already know how much the game will cost at release? Why do we still not know the release date then?

That Bestbuy could be an error, it could still be $60. It's full price on US and UK amazon, BestBuy Canada is the only one with $40.

But I'm surprised we didn't get a release date either, is it not coming this year?

UraMallas

That looks like nothing but fun. I keep catching myself smiling just watching someone play it, I can't imagine how much fun I'll have myself. Love the second video where they get on the ship at night, pull up the anchor, drop the sails and head out to see. Then, they are all standing at the front of the ship just drinking and talking. I can see me having some fun with even just that.

That Bestbuy could be an error, it could still be $60. It's full price on US and UK amazon, BestBuy Canada is the only one with $40.

But I'm surprised we didn't get a release date either, is it not coming this year?

It was pushed back to next year, right?

Top Bottom