• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Second ARMS Invitational Tournament April 29-30 in Japan [Streaming Now]

Likely going have the nerf bat taken to it before release then. They need to find a way to balance that.

Ninjara's were getting caught a lot in the cooldown animation. Arms that are active for a long time or have a wide effect can catch him. In fact I think the boomerang type arms if arced right will cover Ninjara's position no matter where he dashes.

You're ignoring a lot of other factors like the types of arms, the charge effects, and character abilities. He only seems OP because few other players were making use of their available tools and mechanics while Ninjara's tools are automatically worked into the base controls.

It's Little Mac all over again.

I always see this. What's the reference?

There was one post pre-release that made the claim that no one would be praising BotW as much as many were doing if it weren't a Zelda game, but rather something else. They decided to use Belda for the name, as in "if this were a Belda game no one would care," lmao. It was silly of course, and I can say that since BotW was my first and only Zelda game, and so they got memed, I guess.

I really hope we don't get that same shit with ARMS, but as we can already see, it's already starting.

Speely

Banned
Ninjara's were getting caught a lot in the cooldown animation. Arms that are active for a long time or have a wide effect can catch him. In fact I think the boomerang type arms if arced right will cover Ninjara's position no matter where he dashes.

You're ignoring a lot of other factors like the types of arms, the charge effects, and character abilities. He only seems OP because few other players were making use of their available tools and mechanics while Ninjara's tools are automatically worked into the base controls.

It's Little Mac all over again.

I really hope they leave Ninjara where he is, tbh. He seems like a good way to force players to learn their shit by fighting him.

There was one post pre-release that made the claim that no one would be praising BotW as much as many were doing if it weren't a Zelda game, but rather something else. They decided to use Belda for the name, as in "if this were a Belda game no one would care," lmao. It was silly of course, and I can say that since BotW was my first and only Zelda game, and so they got memed, I guess.

I really hope we don't get that same shit with ARMS, but as we can already see, it's already starting.
Ah, yeah I remember that person posting, didn't remember that post tho since it was after E3.

Don't understand why anybody would be mad when a game gets such positive reception and try to create narratives explaining why its getting said reception. Seems like a waste of your time

Totakeke

Thanks.

I wonder how they'll handle the arms setup in tourneys. Each character can select much more than just three types but there's no additional quick select screen for arms during character selection. Hopefully it's not like splatoon where there's custom gear but the tourneys are pretty much restricted to several default gear sets.

Totakeke

Lol that hammer. At least it hit during the super.

Edit: How much hp do each character have? 1k? The hammer super did close to 400.

Good, there are guard breaks. After seeing how quickly Mummy could jump out of his block I was getting worried it would be too easy to turtle with him and recover health.

Screen shot of Heavy Hammer arm in action:
latest

Holy shit Ninjara's air dodges look infuriating to fight against lol. But I don't think the regular arms work here; I think the Spring Man player should've got either the boomerang or trident arms.

Totakeke

There surely must be some meaty timing right? So far knockdowns doesn't really seem to lead to anything other than resetting the fight.

When can I see a good player use DNA Man Lol.

Although I can't blame the people that use him since he requires a higher skill ceiling.

But man do i want to see him dodge like in the recent revel trailer.

Top Bottom