• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Senbatsu 2016 | Japan National High School Baseball Invitational Tournament (Koshien)

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 more, i think

8-2 Soshi Gakuen 創志学園 v Takamatsu Sho 高松商

8-3 Kaisei 海星 v Tsuruga Kehi 敦賀気比

Beckx

rats, Tsuruga Kehi lost. i was worried about the offense after the first game.

oh well, there's always summer.

Monumma

Game 1. Chiben Gakuen vs Shiga Gakuen. Both teams on 2 days rest. Murakami is on the mound after a 141 pitches CG, Kamimura after a 99 pitches 8.2 inning game.

Beckx

all 4 quarterfinals today!

9-1 Chiben Gakuen 智弁学園 v Shiga Gakuen 滋賀学園

9-2 Ryukoku Dai Heian 龍谷大平安 v Akashi Sho 明石商

Really interesting match up, Akashi Sho's ace will have to dominate for them to win

9-3 Kisarazu Sogo 木更津総合 v Shugakukan 秀岳館

The team that beat Osaka Toin v the team that scored 16 runs yesterday

9-4 Takamatsu Sho 高松商 v Kaisei 海星

Meiji Jingu winners Takamatsu Sho haven't really been tested yet

Monumma

This year first years are gonna be 2000? damn.

Chiben with the early 2-0 lead.

edit: 4-0, come on, I need a couple of close games to stay awake.

Monumma

Murakami with the CG SHO, 8K/1BB, 2 hits allowed, both from Tokudome.

Game 2. Ichioka with 142 pitches 2 days ago, Yoshitaka with 126 (both are CGs).

Elepsis

Neo Member
Can't believe Akashi Sho still had their ace out there in the 12th inning. Talk about high drama.

My stream cut out (I blame Comcast) so I didn't get to see the last pitch, but I'm glad it ended with a hit and not with a shady bunt.

Beckx

Akashi Sho :(

Literally footsteps away from a win (the safe call that allowed Heian to score their first run).

Beckx

I gotta catch up on the last two DaiyaのAce episodes tonight.

It's semi-final day! Since there are only two games, games start later than than the past few days - 10pm Eastern for the first game.

You have to figure that Heian and Takamatasu Sho are favored in their games. I wouldn't mind seeing Murakami take Chiben Gakuen to finals though. Second game could be a barn burner.

10-1 Chiben Gakuen 智弁学園 v Ryukoku Dai Heian 龍谷大平安

10-2 Shugakukan 秀岳館 v Takamatsu Sho 高松商

Monumma

It seems like I'm not the only one with problems with the stream. This is garbage.

Chiben Gakuen possibly wasted their last chance in the 8th.

Monumma

oh, boy, 1 out in the bottom of the ninth, 1-0, bases loaded.

Wow hit to center field *the stream frooze, will the runner at second base cross home plate?*. Seems like it, Wow.

This is the first Koshien final for Cincinnati, according to goroshigeno.

Monumma

The second semifinal has started.

edit: extra innings!

Kuki hit in the head by a pitch. He is leaving the game on a stretcher.

Takamatsu will play tomorrow.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
Wow, both games today were really good. Looking forward to the final. Hope that kid who got hit with the ball is okay. =(

Beckx

"hey, i'll watch the replay of Takamatsu Sho today....no I won't once again there's no replay available"

sigh.

Pretty interesting final now with Chiba Gakuen and Murakami going against the Meiji Jingu champs. Murakami has allowed 2 runs total. Takamatsu Sho's staff has allowed...a lot (17). Gotta give the edge to Chiba Gakuen.

glorious semi finals

too bad the buffering was terrrrrrible

Really, really bad. Pretty sad that MBS did so much work to improve their site over last year but fucked up completely with the streaming AND to add insult to injury, only a few games have full VOD replays available. God, bring on the summer and Asahi Shinbun's site.

Beckx

Tonight's final starts at 11:30pm Eastern (too late for me, please let there be a replay archived tomorrow!)

Thanks everyone for sharing another Koshien!

Chiben Gakuen 智弁学園 v Takamatsu Sho 高松商

Monumma

Here we go, Murakami is on the mound and the final has started.

edit: fuck this stream.

Extra innings, I don't think I managed to see a complete at bat without buffering.

Monumma

OH MY GOD, Takahashi singled with 2 outs in the eleventh and Murakami fucking smacked a ball over the centerfielder, game over. It doesnt get better than this.

OH MY GOD, Takahashi singled with 2 outs in the eleventh and Murakami fucking smacked a ball over the centerfielder, game over. It doesnt get better than this.

yayayayayaya

omg 2 outs and then !!!!! RAAAAAAAAAAAAN so hard and... SAFE!!!!

*loses her mind*

THAT WAS AWESOME ^_______^

Monumma

Murakami during this tournament:

Code:
村上 頌樹	Murakami, Shoki
Day IP    BF  NP  H   SO  BB  HBP R ER
1   9.0   38  138 10  7   1   0	  0 0
6   9.0   36  141 6   7   4   0   1 1
9   9.0   29  104 2   8   1   0   0 0
10  9.0   37  126 7   4   4   0   1 0
11  11.0  44  160 8   6   2   0   1 1
    47.0      669 33  32  12  0   3 2

Everything about this is just stupid. I love it.

Beckx

time to watch the replay, though i inadvertently saw the score already. still want to see how it all plays out.

time to watch the replay, though i inadvertently saw the score already. still want to see how it all plays out.

aaaaa if it was my post that spoiled it sorry beck!!!

i wont do that again in the future ;____;

cant wait for summer koshien ^____^

ty for thread <3 i had a lot of fun!!!

Beckx

aaaaa if it was my post that spoiled it sorry beck!!!

i wont do that again in the future ;____;

cant wait for summer koshien ^____^

ty for thread <3 i had a lot of fun!!!

hahah, no, not that, i know not to check the thread heh. :) I was trying to shield my pc screen when scrolling MBS's site for the replay but messed up and caught the score in my peripheral vision. it's no biggie, i still enjoy watching.

glad you had fun! i'll probably make a summer thread when the tournament starts Aug 6/7. in the weeks before that, Asahi's site will have the regional tournaments which is pretty cool to follow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom