• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin' |OT| of The Dreamcast of McGillicutty and "MAH SON!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JdFoX187

Banned
Bret Hart is the only decent preorder bonus, but fuck that shit. Not only do I not have a Best Buy within 90 miles of me, but that is just fucking ridiculous. So sick and tired of fucking preorder bonuses ruining games. At least they put Austin up online for only $1. I'll eventually buy Bret Hart if they do that. But this is getting out of control.

Sorry to bring Gaming-Age over to WrassleGAF, but THQ is fucking stupid for that.

Linkified

MetatronM said:
What makes you think NXT is going to continue, at least on a regular basis, at all?

You really think they can keep on adding 8 new roster members every 3 months indefinitely?

I think these three seasons were the prototypes, then they'll do 10-15 week seasons every 6 monthes.

Lebron

In the beginning there was only
24g13cm.jpg

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Nexus isn't in 2011 Dashing isn't (Cody is) Alberto isn't

fuck this game

2012 sounds like the game to buy if they don't PG it

WWE game are the only time you'll see Sheamus covered in blood and THAT'S....NOT COOL

jobber said:

fuck this game

WWE game are the only time you'll see Sheamus covered in blood and THAT'S....NOT COOL
But the world will e--

I will buy 2012 if AJ Lee is in it. =(

Linkified

jobber said:

fuck this game

How do you know the nexus isn't in they could easily add them as dlc plus nexus is the most important storyline for creative now they will push thq to include them

Linkified said:
How do you know the nexus isn't in they could easily add them as dlc plus nexus is the most important storyline for creative now they will push thq to include them

THQ dont give a fuck

jobber

Linkified said:
But wwe could just revoke yheir license right?

nope. THQ has a roster cutoff time around April. Nexus was around May-ish. Then they would have to do voice overs and mo-cop for 8 guys. It's a bitch since THQ only does 1 game for all 3 systems. Back in 02, Smackdown had the real nWo while Raw 2 got face Nash and face Hogan with no nWo stuff. I was PISSED. smh

Rafa=FedKilla said:
"I know guys that are better thanyou Jericho, H...B...K....Shawn....Michaels" That promo?

Maybe. Can't remember. Just remember it being horrible :lol

Anyone else think the way he speaks feels like he is trying to emulate Kennedy/Anderson's promo style.

Cruceh

Banned
Spirit of Jazz said:
I want to head a Josh fan-club, the guy is an amazing at colour and play by play.

Holy fuck, the reason why they didn't have Riley come second and be the mind behind the beat-down is beyond me.
Yep. Having a leader that can't talk is mind-boggling.

Kusagari

:lol at Cena on Twitter. Somebody asked him why he wasn't a pro on NXT.

@KandyCena yes I asked, and was denied. Apparently u need more than 2 moves to offically be called a "pro" (enjoy that one)

Cruceh said:
Yep. Having a leader that can't talk is mind-boggling.

It's not even like McGuilabuddy is much better in the ring. I mean Kaval obviously had the best style having built it over a decade across the globe, but McGuilabuddy and Riley both have a similar build and style; very WWE developmental and it's worked wonders for guys like Cena and Orton. It just has me unable to comprehend why they'd pick the guy who's the poorer candidate.

The Frankman said:
Because Riley is so stupid he don't know who to beat up.

But how did they know that before the night? Maybe his racism a few weeks ago was a tip off?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Kusagari said:

@KandyCena yes I asked, and was denied. Apparently u need more than 2 moves to offically be called a "pro" (enjoy that one)

Oh damn. Cena confirmed for awesome. :lol

Azuran

Banned
The Frankman said:

You can't fix the true.

Kusagari said:

:lol

I can't believe people hate him.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Kusagari said:

:lol Cena is boring as hell in the ring but I have absolutely no hate for him, he comes across as an awesome guy.

Spirit of Jazz said:
It's not even like McGuilabuddy is much better in the ring. I mean Kaval obviously had the best style having built it over a decade across the globe, but McGuilabuddy and Riley both have a similar build and style; very WWE developmental and it's worked wonders for guys like Cena and Orton. It just has me unable to comprehend why they'd pick the guy who's the poorer candidate.

I think that's why the fans latched onto Kaval -- the dude's in-ring style is so completely different than anyone else on the roster (outside of someone like Evan Bourne). And when you have a show filled of similar-style guys, it's so damn refreshing to see a guy kick the living shit out of people.

Of course, it also helps that Kaval has been wrestling for over 10 years (I remember seeing him wrestle on the first TNA PPVs and thinking he was amazing!). And I know some of you guys think McGuillibuddy will eventually get pushed over Kaval, but I don't think so. Did you see Ted Jr. on Raw last Monday? ;)

jobber

siddx said:
:lol Cena is boring as hell in the ring but I have absolutely no hate for him, he comes across as an awesome guy.

– Vince McMahon noted in a recent interview with the Boston Herald that he held a talent meeting a few years ago urging his performers to “reach for the brass ring” regardless of whom they have to step over. He particularly recalled John Cena approaching him at the end of the meeting to say, ‘I’m your man.’

The interview caught the attention of an anonymous wrestler who attended the meeting. He said there were actually five wrestlers who came over to McMahon following the meeting to say they were the right man for the job.

“The only difference is that Cena did his ’stepping over guys’ in the locker room more than the ring,” said the wrestler.

The anonymous wrestler feels McMahon was looking for a “backstabbing as#####/stooge” to serve as his top WWE Superstar.

“It has zero to do with in-ring talent,” the wrestler said. “Cena stepped on guys like the Spirit Squad and others who were only there for less than six months.”

awesome

JdFoX187

Banned
jobber said:
"Anonymous wrestler..." Everything Cena has done out of the ring points to him being a real nice guy. And Cena can work in the ring. His early stuff proves that. This sounds like either complete bullshit or someone who's just pissed off they didn't get pushed. Not saying the WWE is perfect, but I don't put too much credit into anonymous sources. They're poor journalism.

JdFoX187 said:
:lol I'll admit I'm a sheep. If there was a better alternative, I probably would jump. But, I need my wrestling fix and SvR is the only show in town. Besides, sticking to ones convictions and fighting the man isn't all its cracked to be. THQ doesn't care about one outspoken gamer on a messageboard.

I've said this before, but the THQ staff has become MUCH, MUCH more active with the community and listening to what the community wants in the last 2 years, most especially this year. I don't know if you've been following the development of SvR2011, but they're making a lot of overdue improvements to the series. They have people posting on the IGN Boards, GamingRing forums, CAWS.ws forums, their own forums, Operation Sports, Twitter, etc., etc. Maybe it wasn't before, but the hardcore voice is definitely getting through now.

Rafa=FedKilla said:
They are just biding their time until the greatest second generation superstar, Richie Steamboat, can debut.

Richie is gonna be great. Don't forget about Wes Brisco either tho!

Cruceh

Banned
If anyone cares, John Cena will be on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon in about 2 minutes after commercials.

EDIT: Oh god, Fallon is singing his entrance :lol

I been randomly watching some Psych and FCW lately and this just hit me:
Does anyone else think Ashley Valance looks a lot like Rachael Leigh Cook?
AshleyValance.jpg

fye2hd.jpg

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
jobber said:

Give me a fucking break. These wrestling rumors sites are about as reliable for providing factual news as a dog turd is for providing a delicious meal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom