• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shin Megami Tensei IV official website will unveil something on its own timeline

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the space between the A and the N that bother me as well, but the first thing that had popped into my mind when the image started breaking down was "anarchy" because of that symbol. The first "A" could just be really stylized. Though there could also be something in-between. "Final" wouldn't surprise me.

The enclosed A definitely looks like the anarchy symbol.

aadiboy

If this is some form of SMT4 Final Mix, please let the vanilla game players access the new content through DLC.

SigSig

X-ray vision reveals:
LIkXnq6.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
It's kind of been a long time for that, no?

True, but Atlus has quite the dedicated fanbase which would eat it up even that long after the initial release. I would assume a bigger DLC piece would tie in with a repackage of a new retail release.

But the again...its really been a while - just dont think its SMT 5.

Dascu

I'm gonna guess some kind of re-release combining all DLC and adding an extra scenario or such. For 3DS and maybe some other platforms too.

Reveirg

I'm gonna guess some kind of re-release combining all DLC and adding an extra scenario or such. For 3DS and maybe some other platforms too.

They're already marketing a budget version of the game right now though. Wouldn't make sense to do both at the same time.

FluxWaveZ

There is no logic whatsoever in them revealing something like that when the greatest hits release of SMT IV is this Thursday. Why would they self-destruct the sales of that re-release?

Gu4n

Atlus could also be trying to draw peoples attention to the discounted version of SMT4 they'll be releasing in japan soon i guess.
FINAL price drop.

I'm still hoping it's some kind of remix album.

Or the return of Kazuma Kaneko.

MLH

Atlus could also be trying to draw peoples attention to the discounted version of SMT4 they'll be releasing in japan soon i guess.

It could be this but hasn't a budget "Atlus Best Collection" version already come out.
It's probably a port or a new addition to the story, perhaps a directors cut version.

FluxWaveZ

It could be this but hasn't a budget "Atlus Best Collection" version already come out.
It's probably a port or a new addition to the story, perhaps a directors cut version.

It's coming out on October 8, 2015. This is what this tease is joined with.

FluxWaveZ

We should know whether this is "Final" or "Anarchy" in 10 minutes.

Edit: Huh, I thought they'd update the image on an hourly basis based on the timing of the first and second updates, but of course not.

Eolz

Ahahha that P5 shop. But yeah, too long of a gap for just DLC, and I think they wouldn't tease it in Japan only if that was the case. Might be a deal ala Strange Journey though (aka not 5 but should be).

Still betting on NX down the line, but since this seems to happen sooner than I thought, 3DS then port?
Pls no.mobile.

kiyoaki

Just yesterday, I finally gave in and ordered a 3DS and a copy of SMT4, figuring it'd be worth it to bridge the gap until Persona 5 comes out. With my luck, the announcement is probably about a console HD remake of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom