• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Shovel Knight spotted in supported Super Smash Bros. amiibo category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
shovel fan straights btfo

salty.gif

Who wants to bet the time until the next Shovel Knight in Smash rumor thread?

I give it three weeks.

The only time those rumor threads will end is when

1) SK is officially announced for Smash

or

2) Smash 4 dlc is officially confirmed finished by Sakurai and his team to which case the rumors will end... until Smash 5 is announced

Who wants to bet the time until the next Shovel Knight in Smash rumor thread?

I give it three weeks.
Well, it's like two, maybe two and a half weeks until the time on Tamaki's rumor runs out, and that's the only reason anyone is taking this halfway seriously.

Pizza

I'll be a little bummed out if we get Shovel Knight over a weirder Nintendo choice like Takamaru, Waluigi, or Wonder Red.

Sure, I'll love him a lot. I'm a big shovel knight fan, but I'd rather see other characters first tbh.

Not professor Layton though. Sorry. 💕

Platy

I'll be a little bummed out if we get Shovel Knight over a weirder Nintendo choice like Takamaru, Waluigi, or Wonder Red.

Sure, I'll love him a lot. I'm a big shovel knight fan, but I'd rather see other characters first tbh.

Not professor Layton though. Sorry. 💕

Your weirder choices are so not weird =P

Pizza

Your weirder choices are so not weird =P

Well...

tumblr_n1nz9r6Xdk1qzp9weo1_1280.jpg

I do think takamaru is possible, probably more likely for the next game. Ridley would be nice too, despite the giant list of reasons why "he could never work, ever"

I'll be shocked if anything W101 outside the songs already in the game shows up. Actually mii costumes would break my heart in the most painful way, so I probably those coming out along with a hanenbow stage.

Platy

Lol
If only

xEkAGQ9.png

https://twitter.com/Platynews/status/653055838001721344

LETS SEE THEY DENY THIS

I do think takamaru is possible, probably more likely for the next game. Ridley would be nice too, despite the giant list of reasons why "he could never work, ever"

I'll be shocked if anything W101 outside the songs already in the game shows up. Actually mii costumes would break my heart in the most painful way, so I probably those coming out along with a hanenbow stage.

When people talk weird choices in Smash dlc threads I expect things that don't even have a trophy in the game. Some totaly out of left field stuff, like Game & Watch and Wi Fit Trainer.

Dude from Art Academy, drop of water from Fluidity, some random toy nintendo made, deck of cards, love hotels and stuffs like that

You could grit all the roads in the US with the amount of salt SSB Shovel Knight rumours get.

We could get a much lauded indie icon that basically made the Wii U/3DS a great place for indies, who also happens to have a fantastic potential moveset.

OR

We get a fat alligator.

Neoxon

While I still believe the listing is in error, under the assumption SK is coming to Smash YCG is most likely under NDA to not say until he's officially revealed so their statement means nothing.
Then clearly you didn't see the spoiler part of that comment.

L Thammy

When people talk weird choices in Smash dlc threads I expect things that don't even have a trophy in the game. Some totaly out of left field stuff, like Game & Watch and Wi Fit Trainer.

Dude from Art Academy, drop of water from Fluidity, some random toy nintendo made, deck of cards, love hotels and stuffs like that

This is the best fucking character suggestion I've heard so far.

Parshias7

While this most likely IS a mistaken listing on Nintendo's part, I wouldn't take the developers tweet as any type of evidence.

Do you really think they would go ahead and confirm Shovel Knight being in the game ahead of an official announcement just because someone asked them a question on twitter? This is the same level as calling customer support for an "official" stance on Mother 3.

Pizza

When people talk weird choices in Smash dlc threads I expect things that don't even have a trophy in the game. Some totaly out of left field stuff, like Game & Watch and Wi Fit Trainer. [...]

At this point I've been so let down with this game minus the characters themselves that I'm expecting nothing. So I feel like less-than-incredibly-likely characters are geno equivalents lol

Dixie instead of K. Rool since she's a diddy edit, wolf as a copy/paste with his new (hopefully British!) Va, and Layton for characters, and more "party" stages because competetive = flat.

I'd love to see smash 4 end up being nuts, but I really don't see that happening anymore tbh

Edit: I'd love to see Starman from Pro Wrestling though. I hope my thirty votes for him count for something!

Clov

OKX9poA.png

https://twitter.com/YachtClubGames/status/653063938490241024

Yes, it would be awesome if they were wrong and everyone already knew that Shovel is revealed in smash already !

HA

Is that Ridley you've found in those clouds? :p

Anyway, if there is a new character shown soon, I'd love it to be the Inklings. New fighting style, likely a new stage... plus Splatoon music in Smash! I won't get too hyped though. Not until a Nintendo Direct is confirmed.

Edit: Wow, thought this was the Smash DLC thread. More on topic, I think it's pretty clear the listing is a mistake and doesn't mean anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom