• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2008 edition

Adamrogo

Banned
Here's my gaming room.

Excuse the mess, it's usually a lot cleaner as I'm trying to move things around and do a real cleanup :lol

Closeup of the TV
5054.jpg

God of War II standee :D
gaf2.jpg

Gears of War as well as some Rock Band
gaf1.jpg

Theater area
gaf4.jpg

Space behind the couch, for my controllers
gaf3.jpg

Pool table
gaf5.jpg

Bar
gaf6.jpg

Shinblade said:
Philips Sonowave.

I really love them for the look... really nice gloss finish and slightly retro. The sub that comes with the sonowave amp has got some great kick too.

Philips_Sonowave_240x179.jpg

I really love the way they match the piano black PS3, too:

DSCF0001-1.jpg

What model TV is that?

Adamrogo said:
Here's my gaming room.

This is like the very definition of man cave. If I went down there, I doubt I would ever see the light of day again...

And guess what! It's Dorm Room setup taken by a webcam picture time!!

Picture4-1.jpg

Picture3-1.jpg

I'd get a 360 too, but there's really no point in a dorm, pretty much every other room already has one.

I love how we are in an age where gaming consoles, surround sound, HT's in general can make your place look so much more elegant.

Claymore

bad-joey said:
Ok here's my set-up. Nothing really new from last year but I got a few new things. I'm moving to a new apartment in 3 months, will buy new stuff then.
My camera is really crappy so don't mind the bad quality since I made the pictures at night. It's nothing to fancy but I like it this way. The 360 and Wii are in the bedroom at the moment. Not that there is room on the stand :)

The living:

15pmvs7.jpg

2yzmv7k.jpg

21nps8h.jpg

This is where I spend my time studying, eating and stuff.

9qepo6.jpg

PC in the computerroom

314w1v4.jpg

Wow I really like this set-up! It looks very clean but still a place where you can live. Great setup! Overall great setups in general, all those bog teevees hehe

jtardiou

Banned
Claymore said:
Wow I really like this set-up! It looks very clean but still a place where you can live. Great setup! Overall great setups in general, all those bog teevees hehe

very clean but still a place where you can live!!

Adamrogo

Banned
DarkJediKnight said:
Is that a Mesa Mark 3 or IIC+?

Even rarer, it's a Mark III Coliseum. 180 watts, 4 6L6's and 2 EL34's in the power stage.

Mesa made less than 80 of them.

That autograph on the Michael Jordan Bulls' jersey.... isn't his autograph :/

That's funny, I saw him sign it.

To the dude with the 300 poster:

If I remember correctly, doesn't that dude say "You will not enjoy this!" before raping her? Kinda weird to put on a poster.

MechDX

Jimmy Stav said:

If I remember correctly, doesn't that dude say "You will not enjoy this!" before raping her? Kinda weird to put on a poster.

SHe says that back to him when she guts him.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Adamrogo said:
That's funny, I saw him sign it.

That's even more funny now, I've seen him sign too, and he has a trademarked style when he does his signature... it is COMPLETELY off in that Harold Miner or Michael Gordon, whichever you got it from.. Although it's possible that you got it from him when he was signing autographs with his toes... that could be it!

http://www.spiritofsport.co.uk/images_versions/721.jpg

Compare. The authentic signature has the "M" portion of his name form the number "23." That is the biggest/most obvious red flag. The second is the J.

Adamrogo

Banned
MarkMan said:
That's even more funny now, I've seen him sign too, and he has a trademarked style when he does his signature... it is COMPLETELY off in that Harold Miner or Michael Gordon, whichever you got it from.. Although it's possible that you got it from him when he was signing autographs with his toes... that could be it!

http://www.spiritofsport.co.uk/images_versions/721.jpg

Compare. The authentic signature has the "M" portion of his name form the number "23." That is the biggest/most obvious red flag. The second is the J.

I'm not going to argue with you, because obviously you know better than me, though consider the fact that every single framed item in that basement is signed as well. I guess you just know better.

lionelhutz

Shinblade said:
YAYAYAYAYYAYA!

Yesterday I blew my bonus on a new Toshiba 42" Regza with Deep Colour.

I had an LG 37" LCD before that i've had since the 360 launched... but it wasn't 1080p.

Anyway... I was STUNNED by the difference in clarity and contrast... and depth of colour.

I wasn't expecting there to be such a huge jump... but there is. I think my old TV must've been shite because i've notice huge amounts of new detail and colour in even 720p games.

I played RFOM last night and was shocked by the variety of colours in the leaves in the 'ewok village' in Somerset

I can completely reccomend this TV to anyone.

Tonight = Blade Runner on Blu Ray, Beer, Meat Feast pizza... Me = PIG IN SHIT. :D

Hope you like!!

DSCF0001-1.jpg

Where did you get your TV stand?

Aladuf

Banned
Well, I posted my set up in here a couple of days ago and since then I have switched around my set up, bought some things, and gotten a real camera instead of a camera phone so I figured I would post an updated view of my set up!

100_0466.jpg

100_0467.jpg

consolesfixd.jpg

100_0469.jpg

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Sure it's a good idea to have a device that's prone to vibrate alot and also has a huge magnet in it next to the already fickle 360? Ideally you want to put a sub on the floor when you can.

Aladuf

Banned
tedtropy said:
Sure it's a good idea to have a device that's prone to vibrate alot and also has a huge magnet in it next to the already fickle 360? Ideally you want to put a sub on the floor when you can.

eh, I've tried having the sub on the floor but it just doesn't work out right (I can't explain) but it's been near the 360 for a while and nothings happened. And if something does happen then I suppose I'll just have to suck it up and send it in or get a new one! :lol

tedtropy

Aladuf23 said:
eh, I've tried having the sub on the floor but it just doesn't work out right (I can't explain) but it's been near the 360 for a while and nothings happened. And if something does happen then I suppose I'll just have to suck it up and send it in or get a new one! :lol

Gotcha. One sacrifice of apartment living is not having my sub connected at all. My Onkyo system has its 5, but not its .1. :(

oneHeero

Adamrogo said:
I'm not going to argue with you, because obviously you know better than me, though consider the fact that every single framed item in that basement is signed as well. I guess you just know better.
Love the room, but he's right on the signature, MJ has a distinct sig for that reason in particular. Lots of fakes, but if you got hmi to sign it personally than chances are he done a billion already and got sloppy. MJ does tend to stick to the same sig all the time.

Great room tho, very sexy pillsbury dough boy.

Adamrogo

Banned
I'm not going to argue about the MJ, it's not worth it, its far from my greatest piece.

And yes, I'm glad somebody noticed the life sized doughboy, he is my pride and joy! :lol

Ashhong

Adamrogo said:
I'm not going to argue about the MJ, it's not worth it, its far from my greatest piece.

And yes, I'm glad somebody noticed the life sized doughboy, he is my pride and joy! :lol

wow lighten up, hes just making an observation. other than your attitude ur room is great.

and the MJ should be the greatest piece =( what there is better?

OnPoint

Ashhong said:
wow lighten up, hes just making an observation. other than your attitude ur room is great.

Nah, he has a right to get defensive -- people were getting pretty serious on it. I can see what people are talking about with the signature possibly being fake, but he says he saw him sign it, so why not just take him at his word?

oneHeero

Ashhong said:

First.jpg

second.jpg

third.jpg

forth.jpg

sixth.jpg

To big :( But its the pillsbury doughboy!

tedtropy

AstroLad said:
SubDude. I'm about to try it myself in my new apt., but I've heard a lot of good things about it from fellow apartment dwellers/people who live in real cities.

Hah, if that thing really works that's pretty badass. May have to give it a try.

Adamrogo

Banned
Ashhong said:

Excuse my attitude, everyone is an expert and knows better than everyone else, it just gets a little tiring after a while.

I like to collect autographs and such, but I prefer the music/hollywood stuff to the sports. It's just my personal preference, along with the fact that many of them are much rarer than a Jordan signature for example.

The doughboy was a promotional figure, it's the only one I've ever seen. I doubt he's worth much, but he's too cool.

Goldrusher

Kadey said:
6uy.jpg
9uk-1.jpg

77u-1.jpg
Dell19.jpg

DellW3.jpg
Philips.jpg

pio-1.jpg
SonyKP.jpg

XBr3-1.jpg

-=Primary gaming TV=
-=Panasonic TH42PZ77U=-
-=Secondary gaming TVs=-
-=Pioneer PDP-4280HD =-
-=Panasonic TH-42PH9UK=-
-=Panasonic TH-42PHD6UY=-
-=Sony KP-65WV700=-
-=Philips Magnavox 9P5531C=-
-=Dell LCD W1900=-
-=Dell W3706MC times two=-
-=Sony KDL-40XBR3=-

home_alone1.jpg

Gav

I was going to post mine, but just decided the other day to redecorate the whole room. Will be posting it in the next week or 2 when im all finished :)

Some incredible setups in here. (Kinda what got me to redecorate, as mine hadnt been redone in years and was looking a bit shabby)

Goldrusher said:

Best reply there could have been :lol

SUPREME1

Banned
scissorfight said:
eh, second one is just a topper

you'd lose that bet.

Indeed. That's clearly a married man with a cool as f*ck wife. A working couple, I'm sure.

Holy moly man, that's some niiice work. Really clean and really classy. I also love the individual components you chose.

We're going to get started on our own dedicated room set-up in about a year. We are aiming for something on a similiar level as yours, though I'd be happy if it came out to even 65% of yours' awesomeness.

We won't have a basement to work with.. but we do have 2 options: A spare bedroom and a nice sized (and already nicely finished) spare room which is attached to the garage.

The bedroom would be an in-house entertainment room, with the garage-attached room being a full on home theatre room.

However, we can't invest in a new (large and beautiful) television. We've already picked up a 50" Pioneer Elite Pro FHD1 1080P Plasma:
189142.jpg

PRO-FHD1.jpg

and a secondary 50" Pioneer 720P Plasma:
pdp5016hd.jpg

..as our starting points, about 5 months ago. We'll be picking up (planning to anyway) a matching Pioneer Elite VSX-91TXH receiver when we get started:
pioneer-elite-vsx-91txh.jpg

Though since it's a year off... I'm sure this will change. Either way, this is what I'm likely to pick up.

We also already currently have a:

360 w/HD DVD (I know, I know)
PS3
Direct TV HD tuner
Harmony 720 remote
Sony 5.1 Receiver (this is what the VSX-91TXH would be replacing)

..and I think that's it. It's all set-up in our bedroom at the moment and I get much use from it.

Anyway, you're set-up has inspired me and I'm all giddy thinking about finally getting started.

Thanks.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ImperialConquest said:
However, we can't invest in a new (large and beautiful) television. We've already picked up a 50" Pioneer Elite Pro FHD1 1080P Plasma:

What could possibly be more beautiful than that? Unless you're referring to the 9Gs, which is what I'm waiting for to upgrade from my Kuro. Got a 94TXH myself, setting the whole system up next week.

pCeSlAyEr

Jimmy Stav said:

its not rape if she does it willingly.

ImperialConquest said:
Indeed. That's clearly a married man with a cool as f*ck wife. A working couple, I'm sure.
yup. she recently told me: "you're going through a ton of bottled beer every time you have guys over for poker/hockey games/video games. why don't you look into getting that kegerator you told me about a while back?"

the perfect woman? seems so.

ImperialConquest said:
Holy moly man, that's some niiice work. Really clean and really classy. I also love the individual components you chose..
thanks. i would recommend you also look into a comparable denon when researching that pioneer receiver. i think the denon 2808ci should be only slightly more online, and i could not be happier with the denon 3808ci that replaced my pioneer elite.

good luck.

Top Bottom