• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Show us your gaming setup: 2008 edition

Xisiqomelir

scissorfight said:
yup. she recently told me: "you're going through a ton of bottled beer every time you have guys over for poker/hockey games/video games. why don't you look into getting that kegerator you told me about a while back?"

You've probably already seen it, but I used these guys when we did ours in college.

SUPREME1

Banned
AstroLad said:
What could possibly be more beautiful than that? Unless you're referring to the 9Gs, which is what I'm waiting for to upgrade from my Kuro. Got a 94TXH myself, setting the whole system up next week.

Don't get me wrong, my Pro FHD1 is gorgeous... especially since it's currently in my bedroom, not 6 feet awat from me. However, once it goes into a bigger space and the seating is pushed way back, it's going to lose a lot of the WOW factor.

ScissorFight will never have to worry about that.. He's got 70-freaking inches of WOW, lol.

I just wish we would have put off buying the set, seeing the new 60" 1080P Elites came out a few months later, kills me.

That's what I meant about going bigger... We won't be buying a new set for a long time, lol. Shame we didn't future-proof by going bigger.

SUPREME1

Banned
scissorfight said:
yup. she recently told me: "you're going through a ton of bottled beer every time you have guys over for poker/hockey games/video games. why don't you look into getting that kegerator you told me about a while back?"

the perfect woman? seems so.

Indeed. My wife wants to get a full wet bar in there, with room for a draft tap!! I'm crossing my fingers.

scissorfight said:
thanks. i would recommend you also look into a comparable denon when researching that pioneer receiver. i think the denon 2808ci should be only slightly more online, and i could not be happier with the denon 3808ci that replaced my pioneer elite.

good luck.

Denon is my only other serious consideration. As long as I can get Dolby True HD & /DTS Master, with room for 7.1, I'd be good.

Thing is, I want to get a nice set of speakers to go along with the receiver... and that's where the price really starts to balloon.

I think I'll have to start with a CENTER/LEFT/RIGHT (L&R being Floor standing) and then move up to 5.1, with the last two (7.1) being added down the road.

I'd have a starting budget of about 3K with the receiver taking up about 1K.

2K is not much for good speakers... so it'll be a building project. I'm in no rush though.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ImperialConquest said:
Thing is, I want to get a nice set of speakers to go along with the receiver... and that's where the price really starts to balloon.

I think I'll have to start with a CENTER/LEFT/RIGHT (L&R being Floor standing) and then move up to 5.1, with the last two (7.1) being added down the road.

I'd have a starting budget of about 3K with the receiver taking up about 1K.

2K is not much for good speakers... so it'll be a building project. I'm in no rush though.

That's what I'm doing, this is actually the set I have coming in next weekend: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9774662&postcount=101. Going w/ 5.1 not even out of cost considerations, but just out of the fact that I don't feel that enough releases take full advantage of 7.1 to justify cluttering up the room yet (I am nuts about clutter). I know some audiophiles would reasonably differ, but that's the way I'm going.

shpankey

not an idiot
nice setups in here. i'm in the process of converting my garage into a man cave with the plan of putting the new panasonic plasma [comes out early april] in it. i will post some pics as soon as i start and maybe i can get you all to contribute ideas (?).

i'll post pics of the empty garage in a bit and the dimensions to help you all get an idea of what i have to work with. but my early plans involve a couch with end recliners, some ceiling mounted rear speakers, burgundy walls, track lighting and framed movie posters. i have a nice pioneer reciever and eosone tower speakers and 500watt jbl sub-woofer.

shpankey said:
nice setups in here. i'm in the process of converting my garage into a man cave with the plan of putting the new panasonic plasma [comes out early april] in it. i will post some pics as soon as i start and maybe i can get you all to contribute ideas (?).

i'll post pics of the empty garage in a bit and the dimensions to help you all get an idea of what i have to work with. but my early plans involve a couch with end recliners, some ceiling mounted rear speakers, burgundy walls, track lighting and framed movie posters. i have a nice pioneer reciever and eosone tower speakers and 500watt jbl sub-woofer.

Where are you gonna park your car?

SUPREME1

Banned
AstroLad said:
That's what I'm doing, this is actually the set I have coming in next weekend: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=9774662&postcount=101. Going w/ 5.1 not even out of cost considerations, but just out of the fact that I don't feel that enough releases take full advantage of 7.1 to justify cluttering up the room yet (I am nuts about clutter). I know some audiophiles would reasonably differ, but that's the way I'm going.

Very nice. If money wasn't a factor, I'd get the 94.... but I want some money to work with for the speakers.

You speakers by the way are sexy... very modern and clean.

I'm thinking of going one step bigger on speakers though.

I do like Paradigm though.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I really love the way they match the piano black PS3, too:

DSCF0001-1.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Where did you get that stand from? I'm looking for something similar.

AstroLad

Hail to the KING baby
ImperialConquest said:
Very nice. If money wasn't a factor, I'd get the 94.... but I want some money to work with for the speakers.

You speakers by the way are sexy... very modern and clean.

I'm thinking of going one step bigger on speakers though.

I do like Paradigm though.

Yep, form factor was definitely a consideration for me just because of the way our living room is designed. Even considered going with orbs or something super-small along those lines just to give you a sense of my approach to design. ;)

shpankey

not an idiot
BuddhaRockstar said:
Where are you gonna park your car?
My concrete driveway [it can actually park 4 cars].

Here is something I drew up of the garage tonight in AutoCAD [to scale].

manCave1024.jpg

Here is my current setup btw...

livRoom.jpg

...it actually looks a bit better now since I've done some things like mounted the center channel flush under the tv. The kitchen is right behind this room and is completely open to it, in fact since it's a cottage style home the whole house has a really open floor plan, which is why I'm wanting to convert the garage. I'm standing past the hallway and actually just barely in the formal dining when taking this pic.

Adamrogo said:
Here's my gaming room.

Gears of War as well as some Rock Band
gaf1.jpg

ZOMFG. A Gears of War standee AND a God of War standee?!? All my egergious man-whoring and I've never got a single, f*ckin' promotional item... of any sort...

Am I not sexy?

Adamrogo

Banned
We Are Ninja said:
ZOMFG. A Gears of War standee AND a God of War standee?!? All my egergious man-whoring and I've never got a single, f*ckin' promotional item... of any sort...

Am I not sexy?

I'm just waiting for the MGS4 standee.. :D

And my mini-bar fridge is stocked with Stella, though I'd like one of those kegerators..

shpankey

not an idiot
Adamrogo said:
I'm just waiting for the MGS4 standee.. :D

And my mini-bar fridge is stocked with Stella, though I'd like one of those kegerators..
where do you guys get these? i would love to get ones of Myth: The Fallen Lords, Prince of Persia: Sot, Out of this World and various other of my favorite games of alltime.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
shpankey said:
where do you guys get these? i would love to get ones of Myth: The Fallen Lords, Prince of Persia: Sot, Out of this World and various other of my favorite games of alltime.

Ebay, being an employee at Gamestop/EB/Game Crazy or knowing someone there that will either sell it to your or give you them.

The only big one I have is Uncharted.

Freestandee.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I have a bunch of standees but I put them back in their boxes/sleeves because they TAKE TOO MUCH ROOMMMMMMMMMM!

I have a Tekken 4 one, Soul Calibur II, Tekken 5, Resident Evil REMake, Socom 3, and my favorite one, Dragon Quest VIII :)

btf1980

MarkMan said:
I have a bunch of standees but I put them back in their boxes/sleeves because they TAKE TOO MUCH ROOMMMMMMMMMM!

I have a Tekken 4 one, Soul Calibur II, Tekken 5, Resident Evil REMake, Socom 3, and my favorite one, Dragon Quest VIII :)

I would be too embarrassed to put any damn standee in my living space. Why would anyone intentionally want to duplicate the decor of Gamestop/EB Games? :lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
btf1980 said:
I would be too embarrassed to put any damn standee in my living space. Why would anyone intentionally want to duplicate the decor of Gamestop/EB Games? :lol

Different strokes for different folks...

I liked having the Tekken 5 standee hangin' around the house... :D

And when Halloween rolls around I like to stick the big zombie REMake one out by the front door lol.

Gagaman

Wow, I'm pretty darn intimidated about posting my gaming set up after seeing all these darn huge bachelor pads with all that fancy equipment and interior design going on. :lol

Wish I had a bigger room but I've done what I can with what I've got. The cabinets were specially fitted to use all available space and carry all my clutter.
Got a mainly Sega theme going on with Sonic stuff everywhere, and even BLUE SKIES IN GAMES walls (not intentionally).

Mario greets you as you walk in..
2irvgra.jpg

2646d0l.jpg

My LCD TV (32") that all but one of my consoles are hooked too: Dreamcast (VGA input), Sega saturn (Scart), Sega Multi Mega (Scart), Playstation 2 (Component)
and an X-Box I got cheap and never play (RGB, looks a bit pants).
The Dreamcast looks particularly nice through VGA on this, and the TV makes the Saturn and Mega Drive games look surprisingly good through scart.

Another set up in a family room, because the Wii is one console in the house that actually gets played by more than just me. =E

vpkh7p.jpg

The only thing in this room that is actually mine is the Wii so er....yeah. Wii is set up to component which looks rather nice on this telly.
And no, I don't have a 360/PS3; not planning to get either of them for the time being. I'm happy enough with the Wii (OH NOES CAUSAL GAMER ETC).
Would have the Dreamcast in here for Samba De Amigo if only the PC input port was compatible with the Dreamcast VGA.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
MarkMan said:

I just have one....a giant Sakura stand-up from Street Fighter Zero 2, and even that's taking up too much space! It's kinda freaky since it looks like someone is standing in the room with the lights off. :lol

LiK

MarkMan said:

yea, standees take up way too much room. i have a Kingdom Hearts II :)

Only standee I have is a Wolverine one, but it's in the back room. It's stacked in the corner but still standing vertical. He jumping off a building with claws at the ready. Makes me smile when I walk into there. Kind of like he's protecting that room :lol

LiK said:
yea, standees take up way too much room. i have a Kingdom Hearts II :)

btf1980

Pioneer Kuro 5010FD

Rotel & B&W mostly

Rotel RCD-1072
Rotel RMB-1075
Rotel RSP-1069
Oppo DV-981HD (Strictly for SACD & DVD-A)
Solid-Tech Rack of Silence

B&W CM7 x 2
B&W CM1 x 2
B&W CMC
B&W PV1

Richard Gray RGPC 400 Pro
PS3
Halo 3 Edition 360

IMG_0722.jpg

IMG_0730.jpg

IMG_0771.jpg

IMG_0767.jpg

IMG_0769.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0758.jpg

IMG_0756.jpg

IMG_0761.jpg

IMG_0766.jpg

Spare Bedroom

Samsung 3251D
PS3
360 (Dead)

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0619.jpg

IMG_0622.jpg

Ryck

Just got my birthday present today..

Sony - BRAVIA 40"
Model: KDL-40S3000

DSC03713.jpg

DSC03712.jpg

wtf_resize.jpg

Excuse the messy-ness of the room. So far I just set it up and had to run to work. Ps3 looked crazy on it ( COD4) and BLu Ray obviously looks pretty amazing.

kathode

btf1980 said:
Pioneer Kuro 5010FD

Rotel & B&W mostly

Rotel RCD-1072
Rotel RMB-1075
Rotel RSP-1069

B&W CM7 x 2
B&W CM1 x 2
B&W CMC
B&W PV1

PS3
Halo 3 Edition 360

IMG_0767.jpg

Props for the amazing equipment and the Shakira pic :D

btf1980 said:
Pioneer Kuro 5010FD

Rotel & B&W mostly

Rotel RCD-1072
Rotel RMB-1075
Rotel RSP-1069

B&W CM7 x 2
B&W CM1 x 2
B&W CMC
B&W PV1

PS3
Halo 3 Edition 360

IMG_0722.jpg

bows down.
How do you like the B&W CM1's? I got to listen to the 40th anniversary Signature Diamond series last weekend, and holy crap :O

Nice choice on the Rotel amp btw :)

btf1980

Giant Robot said:
bows down.
How do you like the B&W CM1's? I got to listen to the 40th anniversary Signature Diamond series last weekend, and holy crap :O

Nice choice on the Rotel amp btw :)

The CM1's are awesome monitor speakers, the entire CM line is great. I love them. I just wish they had their own dedicated sub-woofer. I'm using the PV1 which is a fine sub, but i'm definitely going to get something more powerful. I'm looking at Velodynes DD-15. I've been on a DVD-A listening kick lately, and the sound just keeps getting better and better. The clarity and detail imo is only bested by the 800 series in B&W's entire line up, and hell for their price, the 800 series better be....lol. The 700 series have more bass and are more robust, but I really don't like them that much. I can't put my finger on it, but I never really liked that line.

I'm just glad I purchased them before the price increase. B&W raised their prices on everything due to the weak US dollar.

How did you like the Signature Diamonds? I've stopped auditioning stuff, because i'm happy with the stuff I have for now.

btf1980 said:
Pioneer Kuro 5010FD

Rotel & B&W mostly

Rotel RCD-1072
Rotel RMB-1075
Rotel RSP-1069

B&W CM7 x 2
B&W CM1 x 2
B&W CMC
B&W PV1

PS3
Halo 3 Edition 360

Very nice equipment but what's up with the ugly white walls?

btf1980 where did you get those bookshelf speaker stands? Are they B&W stands? I've got some NHT Classic 3s and I've been looking for stands like that.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
btf1980 said:
They're cream, not white. Not the hippest color, but it doesn't bother me really.

ahhh you have the Kuro set, very nice I just bought a 52" 1080p Aquos the slim line, it should be here Monday. By then I will do pics.

I have this HDTV slimfit but I'm pretty disappointed with the size and HD PQ.

oizkt0.jpg

So now I have my Xbox and PS3 hooked up to my BenQ 22" but I'm seriously considering purchasing the Samsung 42" 720P for $850-999 on Amazon.com

k33mdu.jpg

24otwkh.jpg

btf1980 said:
I'm looking at Velodynes DD-15. I've been on a DVD-A listening kick lately, and the sound just keeps getting better and better.

How did you like the Signature Diamonds? I've stopped auditioning stuff, because i'm happy with the stuff I have for now.

Duuude, the Velodyne's DD series are pretty damn solid. My friend has the DD-10's and i'm blown away by them. I can't imagine what a 15" let alone a freakin 18" would do!

The B&W Signature Diamonds are, well....freaking AMAZING. A little bright, as all B&W's are, but holy crap they sound blissful and look very amazing too. Too bad they cost $20,000 and limited to a 200 run:lol :lol

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Solideliquid said:
I have this HDTV slimfit but I'm pretty disappointed with the size and HD PQ.

oizkt0.jpg

So now I have my Xbox and PS3 hooked up to my BenQ 22" but I'm seriously considering purchasing the Samsung 42" 720P for $850-999 on Amazon.com

don't waste your money on a 720p set,

check this out

it may be 2" less but its 1080p and a little bit more then your price range but check it out, my job and I purchase sooo much stuff from here. They even have white glove delivery.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/483564-REG/Samsung_LNT4061F_LN_T4061F_40_Wide_LCD.html

Top Bottom